Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20D - viewing ISO and frames remaining info

I have set my K20D to see the ISO set, this applies to both the viewfinder and the and the top LCD. I cannot find an easy way to then check the number of remaining frames left on the card. Does anyone here know the answer? Nothing in the manual that I can see.

I do briefly see the number if I switch off the camera, but I don't want to do that every time.

03-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Set your camera so you don't see the ISO. That way, if you push the OK button in the middle of the navigation pad, it shows the ISO. Otherwise, it will show how many pictures you can take before the card is full.
03-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah, but I want ISO showing full time.
03-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
On the K10D, if you've got the ISO showing on the viewfinder/LCD, you can press OK and it'll show how many frames you've got left. Don't know if it's the same on the K20D, but it's worth a try.

03-26-2008, 03:42 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
On the K10D, if you've got the ISO showing on the viewfinder/LCD, you can press OK and it'll show how many frames you've got left.
Same with K20D. That's not the point, though. This only works in modes which show ISO anyway.

Easy answer to Arpe:
Remaining #shots is displayed each time after you took a photo. Be less busy with the back screen and you'll see
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Same with K20D. That's not the point, though. This only works in modes which show ISO anyway.

Easy answer to Arpe:
Remaining #shots is displayed each time after you took a photo. Be less busy with the back screen and you'll see
Okay, thanks, I'll check that out.
04-16-2008, 05:16 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Yeah, but I want ISO showing full time.
Me too!

Would be nice if the option to display ISO in the LCD/Viewfinder simply reversed the default behavior but it doesn't.

bazz.
04-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
Forum Member

Well it seems using the OK button to view remaining shots left only works when the camera is in the following modes: Sv, Tv, Av, TAv. It will display the shots remaining in the viewfinder and on the top LCD. For all other modes, the OK button allows you to quickly change the ISO, so the ISO number is not replaced by the number of shots remaining (instead, the ISO number is underlined).

I also just discovered that for about half a second when you switch the camera off it displays the number of shots remaining on the top LCD panel! Never spotted that before...

Oh, this is on my K20D, btw.