Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
The thoughts of RiceLow.

Somehow I came across this guys blog and it seems as if he has a hate love type of relationship with Pentax. I'm sure many of you are familiar with him, but how I have missed his blog over so many years I dont know. I've loved Pentax cameras, faults and all over the years but the sad reality is I wonder about the future of the company and his blog really seems to try and slap people in the back of the head yelling WAKE UP through the screen at you. Its the first time I've realized that Pentax may be becoming the new Minolta of my time and is doomed to be known only as Ricoh in a few years to come, as it has already started to happen on the web (There is no home Pentax site anymore). I was really excited about the prospect of getting a new k5ii with a couple of lenses ( they have double rebates going on now),but now after reading his blog it certainly took the excitement and flushed it down the toilet. Now I'm left holding an empty bag not knowing what to do.

Last edited by harleynitelite; 09-12-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: misspelling
09-12-2013, 04:37 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Site Supporter

Pentax has been making great stuff. K10D -> K20D -> K-x -> K-5. Many years of nice cameras at bargain prices.

IMO, Ricoh gives Pentax a fighting chance to continue to make great stuff. Possibly even addressing Pentax's weaknesses (AF, flash, FF).

RiceHigh tends to be very negative. Before deciding that his advice is valuable, take a look at the pictures he takes and decide for yourself what kind of photographer he is.

Nobody can fault his enthusiasm. I personally do not think his enthusiasm is related to photography.
09-12-2013, 05:29 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

You can safely ignore RiceHigh and anything he might say, and if you do it will have zero impact on your life.
09-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't give much thoughts to him and his agenda; I think his blog is largely for his own ego and self-promotion. Also, don't get mixed up with Minolta as when Sony bought Minolta camera division, the name was not part of the deal, therefore, they cannot use the name for the products. It might have been different had they bought the name as well, but then it may not.

09-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's OK to take a few test shots with a new lens you just bought, but it's not photography if you only bought the lens to test it.
09-12-2013, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The things that have been said about RH by others above are all true, plus I will add, he one of a small handful of people (besides spammers) who has been permanently banned from this site. That alone should tell you to get your info elsewhere.
09-13-2013, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
The things that have been said about RH by others above are all true, plus I will add, he one of a small handful of people (besides spammers) who has been permanently banned from this site. That alone should tell you to get your info elsewhere.
He was never banned from this forum. Check his member page. RiceHigh - View Profile - PentaxForums.com
He just quit posting because he could no longer pass off his chicken manure as chicken salad.

Last edited by Parallax; 09-13-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Closed Thread