Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 2many Quote
I was also considering going another route, like a Nikum, or a Canton, possibly even a Sonigram or an Olympian. But it would mean I would have to buy another hat, so opted for the K20
That's a good enough reason for me

03-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Snowcat,
No, your not a traitor....you are just taking a leave of absence, enjoy the new toy.

We will welcome you back when you are ready.
03-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
Well,

to be perfectly honest, in another life I had a Oly OM setup and loved it, and sometimes I look if the grass isn't any greener at the Oly site. Until now I still returned to my loyal D. But have to say: the new Oly 420 + 25 pancake looks very tempting...

It's not what you use, it's the pictures you take with it that count. Have fun with the 510 and I hope you won't forget us here...
I am sure I won't forget and won't leave this forum, it's one of the best i've seen.

BTW strange thing... There are three photo systems, which, typically don't turn their users into crazy fanatics. They are Pentax, Olympus and Fuji. Other system users are ready to torn into peices everyone, who passes to another system, and will NEVER say something like "yes, maybe mine system is not the best for you".

QuoteQuote:
We will welcome you back when you are ready.
Haha not the impossible thing, by the way, really. I still have not seen K20 in action in my own hands
03-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Snowcat

Good luck with your choice . You just get an old K-mount Russian film camera then still be a "Pentax " lover .

Thanks for sharing your info . It's always nice to see systems comparing from a real user !

03-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by Snowcat Quote
BTW strange thing... There are three photo systems, which, typically don't turn their users into crazy fanatics. They are Pentax, Olympus and Fuji.

I disagree about your Olympus comment. Some of the old timers in the DPR Oly forum get pretty cranky if anyone criticizes Oly.

By the way, the latest firmware upgrades for the E510 will allow its IS to work with non Zuiko digital lenses, but there is no focus confirmation. Also, if you have some Pentax legacy bayonet mount lenses, be careful of the PX-to-four/thirds adapters. They can bend the electrical pins on the E510. See this thread
03-29-2008, 12:10 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I tried out oly a few times. The images are particularly noisy. But if it is a camera for you, that is what matters.
03-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Snowcat Quote
I am sure I won't forget and won't leave this forum, it's one of the best i've seen.

BTW strange thing... There are three photo systems, which, typically don't turn their users into crazy fanatics. They are Pentax, Olympus and Fuji. Other system users are ready to torn into peices everyone, who passes to another system, and will NEVER say something like "yes, maybe mine system is not the best for you".
Amen to that. That are exactly the three brands I advice if any of my friends ask me for advice...