Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K200D Repair

I am wondering if anyone here on the forum or otherwise can recommend who or the best place to contact re getting my K200 D repaired. I bought the camera used without any info other than there are less than 5,000 shutter count on it and it looks brand new. With batteries on board sometimes rarely the screen tries to light up, When an AF lens is installed it auto focuses fine and the shutter releases, there are no images on the card and no indication of what settings etc. are.

I'm hoping I can be pointed in the right direction to get it repaired for a reasonable dollar amount. Any help as Always would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob

09-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I know it might be a stupid question/suggestion, but are you using rechargeable batteries? And if so, are they low on charge? My K200D does some absolutely bizarre things when the batteries are low on power. It bares mentioning, this camera was converted for infrared use, but that shouldn't affect the electronic functions.
09-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian

What type of batteries are you using? Alkalines are iffy on my AA battery bodies (*istD & K100D), but Eneloops work flawlessly for me.
09-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
What type of batteries are you using? Alkalines are iffy on my AA battery bodies (*istD & K100D), but Eneloops work flawlessly for me.
I also use eneloops but it is not a battery problem. Thank you for your input