Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #1

K20D software problem

Hello all, well my K20D came in today and I've been taking some shots with it just to get the feel for the camera, just an off the cuff feeling so for, this camera is great!!! I'm coming from a Samsung GX-10 and I know this K20D handles better from just the little while I've been testing it out.

But my problem is when I went to install the software (Photo Browser 3 and Laboratory 3) It won't install on my computer and it's because my USB 2.0 port was not standard equipment on my computer. The Samsung GX-10 software was installed with no problem on this same machine, and yes I deleted the Samsung program off my computer first.

Now I can get the program to load on another much much slower computer I have that came from the factory with it's USB 2.0 port as standard equipment, but it's just too s-l-o-w!
And thoughts on how I can get my pictures onto my computer without using the Pentax software? I have Lightroom installed but nothing happens when I plug the K20D into the computer, no removable drive is detected. Any help? Thanks

03-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
use a card reader. They are cheap and usually backward compatible.