Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #1

K10D shutter release

I've had my K10D since the beginning of December and really enjoy having it. I find the shutter release on both the grip and the camera to be alot "finer" than my DS, Z-1p, SF1, or both my Super Programs and the "A" motor drive. The difference between off and 1/2 is very minor. Because both my grip and body are about the same I know it must be about being a 'better' switch than the rest of 'em, but I still am not sold on it being better. I wish there was a little more travel between off and 1/2. Am I the only one? Did I miss or just gloss over other posts on this subject? I guess I am curious about the concensus of upgrade users that kept their old cameras and use them too.

01-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

i agree, the difference between half and full is tiny. you really cant even feel it. as opposed to my *ist and zx-50, you can feel a slight stop on half before full release. i've accidentally released the shutter trying to compose...

at least it's digital, no wasted frames on the roll
01-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
yes those accidents keep happening but atleasat I'm not paying for them on film the only time it's a real issue is if it is a flash driven image and the accidental pre-fire causes a missed 'moment' altogther.
01-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

yeah, thats a big plus. I tend not to use flash...or not use it when not really needed, so my mistakes are mostly out of focus...

either way, i kind of got used to it, but i can see how annoying it is to someone not familiar with the camera