Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
10-18-2013, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time to be positive

I find that Ricoh/Pentax has a decent line up of contemporary lenses and a tremendous selection of good legacy lenses - many of which work very well on modern DSLRs and can be obtained at modest cost. In my opinion, there is no need to kick Ricoh/Pentax.

I'd like to see many more positive threads here. Pentax is a very good system and we should be promoting it positively.

- Craig

10-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
I'm sick of these sort of threads as well. If you want a bloody FF camera go somewhere else. Pentax does landscape and out door photography very well. The K-mount provides access to a very wide lens selection and even the the new K3 is cheap when compared to the higher end offerings of the bid boys. If that isn't enough, well go somewhere else. In fact, just go out and take pictures.

Incidentally, I personally know three professional photographers who are baffled by all the foaming at the mouth people do over FF. And these are guys (and one gal) who actually own FF cameras.

And you guys who constantly whine about everything Pentax does... you're not helping. Take the K-3, for instance. It looks to be a superb camera. The best digital camera Pentax has ever produced. So what do a lot of you guys do? Carp and whine about it not being a FF... or that the prism isn't rounded enough... or (my personal fave) that *gasp* Ricoh prints their name on the back of the camera in small font. Seriously... Nothing Pentax does will ever be good enough, so why stick around? I hear Canikon land is a magical place where the grass is greener, the girls are prettier, it rains gumdrops and unicorns fart rainbows. You should go there. I'll help you pack.

Last edited by GibbyTheMole; 10-18-2013 at 08:52 AM.
10-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
rlatjsrud

You guys don't know the problem... They faced many problems. I know that they innovate good camera body but not lens. They showed only few of them. You know what? If K-5 and K-7 were innovative camera, then why people does not buy pentax rather nickon and cannon? This shows the real problem. I heard that they have problems about money and other things.

Even Pentax have difference from Canon and Nikon, they don't know what customers wanted. Releasing lenses is the best example.
10-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
You guys don't know the problem... They faced many problems. I know that they innovate good camera body but not lens. They showed only few of them. You know what? If K-5 and K-7 were innovative camera, then why people does not buy pentax rather nickon and cannon? This shows the real problem. I heard that they have problems about money and other things.

Even Pentax have difference from Canon and Nikon, they don't know what customers wanted. Releasing lenses is the best example.
You didnt answer my inquiry from earlier... what lenses do you want?

Also making what people want is very "unpentaxy". Pentax never makes anything that people actually wants. They're quirky like that.

10-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
You didnt answer my inquiry from earlier... what lenses do you want?

Also making what people want is very "unpentaxy". Pentax never makes anything that people actually wants. They're quirky like that.
Can you imagine Pentax trying to figure out what people want? They would be reading all the threads like this one and blowing their brains out! Lol!
10-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #21
Pentaxian

I can't even figure out what my wife wants forget about what Pentax users want....

Hey how about that K-3?
Best low light focusing in the industry.
27 cross type AF points
Improved AF system,
24 MP, more than 90% of FFs.

What's not to like?

And the 340 or so lenses that work with Pentax cameras.
Makes you wonder, exactly how many lenses does a person need?
10-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #22

then why people does not buy pentax rather nickon and cannon?
The very simple answer to that is that people never have heard of Pentaxcameras. Everybody knows about Canon, Nikon so that's what they buy. That's at least how it is were I live (Sweden). Pentax is very unknown here and I have never met anyone else with a Pentaxcamera here.

10-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
...were innovative camera, then why people does not buy pentax rather nikon and canon?
Because many people indeed are influenced by advertisement, promotion, commercials...
And DSLR newbies tend to go to a store and ask the staff to show them the latest Canikon which they know from TV or magazines.
Pentax is for "informed" people, who know exactly what they want and who want value for money.
I don't say that Canikons are "bad" cameras, but I think it is true, that they tend to cut down features on cameras to keep the gap between models. When I get the impression that a feature is left out, because of production cost, then so be it, but when I get the suspicion that features are cut down, so that the next higher model has one advantage more...
I hope Pentax will stay the same (100% Pentaprism even for lower-mid range for example).

Last edited by Bernie_Rain; 10-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.
10-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #24
rlatjsrud

QuoteOriginally posted by gbeaton Quote
Can you imagine Pentax trying to figure out what people want? They would be reading all the threads like this one and blowing their brains out! Lol!
No they don't. No renewal lenses at all.

The pentax body have great quality but the lenses can not hold it.

Also Pentax does not care about beginners. Lenses for beginners are not cheap at all.

SLRCLUB, ??? ???? ?? ????

these people from Korea are very serious about the problem. You will see what are problems.
10-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Since they don't have FF body, they are focusing on the best Crop camera in the world such as K-7, 5, and 3. but problems is they do not give any expectations. They showed very few lenses. because of that, many users can't come to Pentax as Canon, Nickon, and Sony. Also there isn't any strong point of Pentax camera. Such as Nickon for Sport and Sony for innovation(mirrorless FF). Sony have just showed the first mirrorless FF. This give a lot of expectations already. Also they are already plan 15 lenses until 2015! What about Pentax? For several years, they showed only few lenses less then 5 lenses... That's so stupid. Pentax does not know what customers wanted. If this happen continually, Pentax will fall like Kodack and Contax did. Remaking to HD limit is kind of stupid too. Why don't they do anything faster? No more innovative things?
I think the K-3 will be a successful camera, but I agree that it's not really groundbreaking in any way except for the new anti-moire SR system. I do believe that the timing (marketing-wise) is pretty good, though, as all other manufacturers have been focusing on making new things rather than improving their APS-C bodies (where's the 7D Mark II for instance?). Since FF cameras are are still a bit on the pricey side for now, the K-3 surely attract a lot of attention from enthusiasts.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #26
Veteran Member

No they don't. No renewal lenses at all.

The pentax body have great quality but the lenses can not hold it.

Also Pentax does not care about beginners. Lenses for beginners are not cheap at all.

these people from Korea are very serious about the problem. You will see what are problems.
I can't read korean

Can you please say clearly what lenses you want? This is the third time I asked
10-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trolling thread ...

I thought of posting something more elaborate, but it would take too much and wasted energy ... so there:

Looks like we have yet another "jumper" candidate to the apparently greener side of the fence.
10-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #28
Pentaxian

I think as of late Pentax has done well. The K-3...no full frame you say...then save your pennies and get a Pentax 645....blows the full frame out of the water. I've seen the results of the new Canon full frame (6D) and even though I've got Canon equipment...I'm not impressed...or that matter with the Nikon D600.

Now the D800 and 5D3 are different. They're good and also pricey.

The Pentax lenses are great. Hard to beat the 55-300 consumer lens...with any competitive...consumer level.. 55/ 70-300. The Limiteds...I've got two...very sharp.

My 12-24 and 10-17 FE lenses are IMO...wonderful lenses and I believe take a back seat to nothing in the Canikon camp.

I've had Pentax for decades ...along with other camera makes...and right now feel Pentax is on a roll.
10-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I think as of late Pentax has done well. The K-3...no full frame you say...then save your pennies and get a Pentax 645....blows the full frame out of the water. I've seen the results of the new Canon full frame (6D) and even though I've got Canon equipment...I'm not impressed...or that matter with the Nikon D600.

Now the D800 and 5D3 are different. They're good and also pricey.

The Pentax lenses are great. Hard to beat the 55-300 consumer lens...with any competitive 55/ 70-300. The Limiteds...I've got two...very sharp.
My 12-24 and 10-17 FE lenses are IMO...wonderful lenses and I believe take a back seat to nothing in the Canikon camp.

I've had Pentax for decades ...along with other camera makes...and right now feel Pentax is on a roll.
DA ten seventeeeeen, I sold it but I really really miss that lens. I really wonder if the Tokina version in other mounts is up to par.

I replaced it with Sigma to gain 2.8 but I think it's one of the best APS lenses.

D600 have not disappointed me except in ergonomics though
10-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #30
Veteran Member

DSLR on Deathwatch

A good fellow just sent me this . . .

The Visual Science Lab / Kirk Tuck: Inflection point reached. The death watch for traditional DSLRs begins now.
Closed Thread