Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
10-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
I for one have a very positive feeling looking at threads like this. If people are angry with Pentax (or any other camera company, for that matter), then probably they don't have more serious reasons to be angry. Which is a good thing.
I am not so sure about that. Some people are just plain angry!

For me, I rally don't see the issue

10-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
WIth all due respect, the image at the top of the page is terrible. There's a guy on the forum who takes shots better than that and he shoots drunk most of the time. He's talking about "serious" photographers. Well i'm a serious photographer and I haven't got a clue what he's going on about. WHo are these "serious photographer".

Look at the first page of this link.. Now this is a site for serious photographers. shooter, of the 21 images on this page of "serious photographers" two shoot Sony, one shoots Pentax. You might want to look through those pages before you start listening to what some guy says "serious" photographers think. These guys are talking with their images, not blowing off steam on some internet blog.

Of the first 100 images on the site, 3 are taken with Sony equipment, 3 are taken with Pentax equipment, one with a K-x.

"Serious photographers think" my tush. Serious photographers are in love with Canon 5 DIIs and IIIs according to my informal count, with a fair number of APS-c shooters in there as well.
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
No they don't. No renewal lenses at all.

The pentax body have great quality but the lenses can not hold it.

Also Pentax does not care about beginners. Lenses for beginners are not cheap at all.

SLRCLUB, ??? ???? ?? ????
SLRCLUB, ??? ???? ?? ????

these people from Korea are very serious about the problem. You will see what are problems.
If you are a beginner, you can buy the camera with a kit lens or the DA18-55 ($199) and should be satisfied for quite some time. I gave my son my K20 with that lens and he's getting great images because he has a good eye and is creative. He doesn't need a K3 or a FF camera to get good images.

Anyway... what are you getting at with the "problems" you mention? Sorry, can't read Korean :-S
10-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
you sound like a troll, but here's my take on what you write.

problems is they do not give any expectations
You mean "meet your expectations" ? I can't help you there.

They showed very few lenses. because of that, many users can't come to Pentax as Canon, Nickon, and Sony.
Sony doesn't have more lenses than Pentax. Their lineup is not perfect, but you do not need 4 different lenses covering similar focal lengths to take one good picture. Pentax have at least 27 lenses (that I can count from memory) currently available. That's far from being bad.

Also there isn't any strong point of Pentax camera
Compact size, best IQ, weather resistance, in-body image stabilisation, compatibility with legacy lenses, best ergonomics on the market, pick your favourite.

Pentax does not know what customers wanted
What YOU want, maybe. It's just one brand. If they do not offer the product you want, if you are not satisfied with it, then buy another product from another brand.

Remaking to HD limit is kind of stupid too
Go read a few comments about the 24MP sensor on the Nikon forums. People are going crazy because all of a sudden, their beloved lenses appear soft and low-quality. I'm thinking the HD coating was a brilliant move to ensure their top lenses meet the requirements of the new high-res sensor.

Why don't they do anything faster? No more innovative things?
They have many fast lenses. Their * lenses are as fast as anything you find elsewhere. Their Fa limiteds are really fast. The Da limiteds are the most compact high quality primes you will find, and plenty fast (especially with great high ISO performances.

They innovate all the time. They are the first and only to compensate for rotational camera shake. Last year they were the first to remove the AA filter, this year everybody else is doing it. They now developed a dynamic and tunable AA filter, and not many competitors have the hardware to copy them (Nikon and Canon never will be able to do it). They have unique lens designs that no one else can offer. They are the only ones to offer weather sealed low-level bodies, cheap WR lenses.

If they are not the brand for you, then look elsewhere. But do not throw baseless comments around like you just did.

10-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
WIth all due respect, the image at the top of the page is terrible. There's a guy on the forum who takes shots better than that and he shoots drunk most of the time. He's talking about "serious" photographers. Well i'm a serious photographer and I haven't got a clue what he's going on about. WHo are these "serious photographer".

Look at the first page of this link.. Now this is a site for serious photographers. shooter, of the 21 images on this page of "serious photographers" two shoot Sony, one shoots Pentax. You might want to look through those pages before you start listening to what some guy says "serious" photographers think. These guys are talking with their images, not blowing off steam on some internet blog.

Of the first 100 images on the site, 3 are taken with Sony equipment, 3 are taken with Pentax equipment, one with a K-x.

"Serious photographers think" my tush. Serious photographers are in love with Canon 5 DIIs and IIIs according to my informal count, with a fair number of APS-c shooters in there as well.
So you don't think the DSLR is on the way out then?
10-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
So you don't think the DSLR is on the way out then?
What I think is irrelevant. When I look for evidence, I see absolutely no evidence supporting the notion that "serious photographers" are ditching their OVF, Canon, Nikon , Pentax and other cameras. And I wonder why some photographer states in his blog that they are doing so. Using the first hundred photos on this site. I'd say about 3% of "serious" users are interested in all Sony cameras and one of those used a Sony DSLR. If someone cares to present other evidence... I mean, not some shill promoting a single brand or style of camera, I'll be happy to change my mind.
10-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #37
rlatjsrud

These guys don't understand what are problems...

1. Not much of lenses for beginners: Body is good but the lenses does. Few lenses, and expensive than other brands. You think that pentax have lot of lenses? No. Most of them are old and released way before... 16-45, 17-70 are the example.

2. No expectation: Pentax have Few lenses, few renewal, and limited area of lenses. Beginners will wonder why do we need to buy Pentax?

3. Competition: Samsung camera seem to have lot of problem to be fall down. Lack of lenses and bad cameras. Then who is next? Canon and Nikon still have lot of users, Olympus and Panasonic are rising base on 4/3 camera's popularity, Sony start to increase themself base on Mirrorless FF and other innovative things, Fuji have it's own design and expect to have FF and other. So what about Pentax? They do make best camera in the world but Pentax is the small company. Can't do something like canon and nikon does... Pentax Seriously need to find the solution.

4. SLRCLUB, ??? ???? ?? ???? translate it by google and read it. You will see what Pentax have problem...

10-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #38
Pentaxian

The camera experts of the world live in Korea... who knew?
10-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #39
Veteran Member

1. Not much of lenses for beginners: Body is good but the lenses does. Few lenses, and expensive than other brands. You think that pentax have lot of lenses? No. Most of them are old and released way before... 16-45, 17-70 are the example.

2. No expectation: Pentax have Few lenses, few renewal, and limited area of lenses. Beginners will wonder why do we need to buy Pentax?

3. Competition: Samsung camera seem to have lot of problem to be fall down. Lack of lenses and bad cameras. Then who is next? Canon and Nikon still have lot of users, Olympus and Panasonic are rising base on 4/3 camera's popularity, Sony start to increase themself base on Mirrorless FF and other innovative things, Fuji have it's own design and expect to have FF and other. So what about Pentax? They do make best camera in the world but Pentax is the small company. Can't do something like canon and nikon does... Pentax Seriously need to find the solution.

4. SLRCLUB, ??? ???? ?? ???? translate it by google and read it. You will see what Pentax have problem...

So the lens that you want is an updated standard zoom? They're not updated because they dont need an update.

High quality lightweight standard zoom is covered with DA 17-70
WR zoom is covered with DA 18-135 WR and 18-55 WR
Wide aperture standard zoom is covered with DA* 1650, Tamron 1750, and the new Sigma 1835.

I guess you like to see updates to lenses in zoom ranges that doesnt really need an update like the Nikon 18-140 AFS VR, or Canon 1855 STM, which is basically a rehash of their old lenses with a couple of new features that in most cases doesnt really help make an image. If that's your thing, 10 versions of the same old lens design that gives the same results, then by all means feel free to leave pentax :x

To be fair pentax is indeed missing the 15/16 to 85 range,, so if that's what you need I guess you have a case? congratulations? Now your move to Canikon is justified? Now you can kick your pentax in the rear (LCD) and we will bless you? yay?

As for the rest, everyone already answered everything that you said here, and you didnt seem to be interested to read them so I guess this is where we part ways

Last edited by Andi Lo; 10-18-2013 at 11:42 AM.
10-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #40
Veteran Member

What I think is irrelevant. When I look for evidence, I see absolutely no evidence supporting the notion that "serious photographers" are ditching their OVF, Canon, Nikon , Pentax and other cameras. And I wonder why some photographer states in his blog that they are doing so. Using the first hundred photos on this site. I'd say about 3% of "serious" users are interested in all Sony cameras and one of those used a Sony DSLR. If someone cares to present other evidence... I mean, not some shill promoting a single brand or style of camera, I'll be happy to change my mind.
I'm just an amatuer and don't know much about the photo world, but I do tend to agree.

I don't like these smaller cameras, even my K-5 and K-5 IIs are always used with the grip attached, otherwise I find the body too small for handling.
10-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Well, it translated like this for me . . .

QuoteQuote:
Full frame important. setups but rounded plate and Panasonic users to take their pictures do you like better. Pentax biggest problem for Pentax users do not instill a score of expectations of other users of a-Phone's sense that not at all tempted. This means, if not a full-frame "Our king will end plate from Pentax crop," he professed, and just pull the lenses give a roadmap for crop and future vision to open, I think. lenses 24mm 35mm equivalent corresponding to the single just pull the lenses to give even more to add professional grade star lens and flash, if improved, too bad crop else. Pentax now, just look at all the users not to expect him to give munjep is planted. , we may develop a full frame. The possibilities are open and in the development of these nuances, but spitting .. .. Then DA lens for crop what do you want to collect a lot of confusion and user expectations eopeuni they are old Pentax User Lost .... Plus k-5 or k-3 Oh, great, but the third-party or user-Phone with getting a Pentax ... the temptation to feel like there is little creative. Nikon or Canon as strong as sports figures or good (in fact, but it can not agree) like Sony stop new challenges a7 but eventually produces a mirror-less like a full-frame or ... the best advantage, but almost certainly not gonna tell'm sad .... this frivolous chancel of the mirrorless market has entered the red ocean at this point, not even the advantage of Pentax So we're coming down to the lower third-party users of the Pentax excuses. eventually leaving existing users continue to share .... a vicious cycle of declining revenues robbed repeatedly. cameras and unlike other industrial future of the brand yimijigwa really important roadmap sold everywhere owe attending the launch of the lens and the lens road map and then only a few months to update this jinaya current Pentax believe there are not up to the line, as a result users phenomenon's. finally a full-frame Pentax today but not any of its expectations for users and third-party user is never on merit-Phone is the biggest problem. Pentax Sony a7 love to see, but Nani today and find that I'm starting to like ... the first mirrorless K mount basing it first full-frame mirrorless up with some priceless zest which robbed the title ... When I heard the news this time limit lens renewal intuition was true to some extent ... mm ㅠ Bo Ung
10-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You guys don't know the problem... They faced many problems. I know that they innovate good camera body but not lens. They showed only few of them. You know what? If K-5 and K-7 were innovative camera, then why people does not buy pentax rather nickon and cannon? This shows the real problem. I heard that they have problems about money and other things.

Even Pentax have difference from Canon and Nikon, they don't know what customers wanted. Releasing lenses is the best example.
Getting it all wrong. People who might buy a Pentax, have a look here and run away screaming after reading a typical Pentax is doomed thread, Pentax needs FF because I've heard I need the shorter DOF on the kit lens I get with the FF camera that I obviously need to take a good picture type thread or Pentax needs more telephoto zooms because it is reassuring to see a list of available lenses that I could buy if I ever get off my ass and go to a zoo to take a shot of a lion or bird type thread or maybe the lack of faster type primes thread (since nothing beats a portrait at f/1.2 :P) or the latest types of thread where since Ricoh have their name on the K-3, we will all have to sell all the lenses and bodies we own in the Pentax system because someone might see it and laugh at us....
Personally I blame the K-5 for all this, it was too good a camera, and brought in too many f+*&ing idiots from the other brands and we are paying the price now with infantile, immature and in some cases threads that are started by and fuelled by those whose mental capabilities are if I'm feeling generous just deficient.
10-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Personally I blame the K-5 for all this, it was too good a camera, and brought in too many f+*&ing idiots from the other brands and we are paying the price now with infantile, immature and in some cases threads that are started by and fuelled by those whose mental capabilities are if I'm feeling generous just deficient.
In another forum I used to frequent we call that newbpocalypse
10-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Indeed, the DSLR market remains about 5 times as large as the MILC one. The MILC propaganda tries to change that by spreading FUD - hoping that people would become wary of DSLRs.
Best to double check using e.g. the CIPA data.

By the way, I really want to kick users starting FUD threads, over standard TCP/IP.
10-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #45

I have to admit, before I purchased by K-30, I came to these forums and after reading several gloom and doom threads, nearly ran to another brand. I am glad I didn't. My Pentax camera is great, and I am really enjoying shooting pictures and learning photography.
Closed Thread