Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2013, 02:04 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Positive about Pentax and it's future

I'm very positive about the future of Pentax.
Just wanted to express my emotions to the Pentax World and give everyone a

10-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now that's a happy camper!

The more I read about the K-3 the more impressed I become. I've several higher priorities in the budget, but perhaps I can swing this in a few months. I have FF lenses to cover from 24 to 300mm, but APS-C has its advantages that I believe I'd miss more!
10-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Kumbaya, let's hold hands . The K-3 will be great, Pentax doesn't make bad cameras.
10-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I getting sick of these happy Pentax user threads. Why can't you just be a FF complainer like everyone else? You know Pentax is inadequate, but no, you just want to be happy, sheesh! I'll be you went out and took some pictures today! Enough.

10-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
Site Supporter

That is too happy, there is something wrong with it.
10-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

An outrageous failure to be pissed.
01-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #7

in the past great cameras and also in the future great cameras only a full-frame camera is missing? middle format cammera is also great. I have got a pentax 645d to borrow free, to try out. nice picture.
01-29-2014, 05:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

After being a Pentaxian for a few months, i am getting the distinct impression that it is normal for Pentaxians to be slightly grumpy. Like grumpy cat, grumpy but oddly adorable.

Last edited by OldNoob; 02-07-2014 at 09:23 AM.
01-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Yes!

While I agree that this is a great time to be a Pentaxian, there's still a long ways to go. Let's face it, the downward spiral of sales and lack of public awareness over the last 20 years isn't going away tomorrow.
I still get the 'Huh?" look when I show my K-5 to some members of my photo club, and most of them are pretty aware of the modern DSLR offerings. Canon, Nikon and Sony just have massive placement in all advertising, but especially photo mags and online forums.
That's not to say Pentax products aren't competitive-they certainly are- but getting the word out is a different story.
So maybe the best thing to do (individually) is to keep taking and posting great photos, fly the Pentax flag whenever possible and stay informed. There are lots of wannabe's out there, pretenders to the throne and most, if not all the competition has deep pockets in this war.
With a top-featured body in each of the 3 major price ranges, nearly 100 native and 3rd-party (new) lenses available and new releases, makeovers (W/R and/or DC motors, HD coating, etc) on hand, our DSLR lineup is in great shape. Could it be better? Of course, but so could the other brands, also.
Honestly, I've heard more positive comments about Pentax since I've been posting my (best) photos on the club sites. Once people have a chance to judge for themselves, when the photos are side-by-side with ones taken by Canikony, it's pretty clear.
I let a (dedicated, long time) Nikon user try the K-5 with 100mm FA Macro, Sunday, at an indoor macro shoot. He seemed honestly impressed, liked the ergonomics, said a couple of menu features seemed easier to access, took a few photos and (with a quick lesson) was viewing the EXIF, histogram and custom functions easily. He is one of the few who seemed to know about the recent developments and told me that the Nikon forums are all talking about the K-3. According to him, it's the camera they thought the D400 should have been!
Stay enthusiastic, fly the flag and post the good ones!
Ron
01-29-2014, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have to admit I worry a lot more about the state of the planet that I do about the future of Pentax. My grandkids are in store for a bumpy ride . I've got some nice photos of them, though.