Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Put the diminutive Ricoh GR in the bag and you have both 28 mm and 35 mm (via crop) covered. Wouldn't need to carry that 2nd DSLR.
Stickler, I do something like what you are saying. I will take a dSLR with a macro lens on it, for example, but I always carry a Canon G1X. If I tire of using my DA35mm macro, or suddenly see a landscape shot that I want, I can pull out the G1X and shoot it. With its 24-105 mm zoom, The G1X is like having a high quality dSLR lens of that range in my bag, at lower cost and weight. And because it has an APSC size sensor (almost), it delivers really high quality images.

If these high-quality compacts with fixed zooms keep dropping in price, it's going to become really worthwhile to think about carrying a couple of them around all the time. But, of course, unlike lenses, they tend to become outdated very soon.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bag, bodies, camera, concept, dslr, ilc, instance, k10d, lens, lenses, photography, time