Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K10D auto ISO

A silly question, I know. Is there a way to easily reset the ISO to auto on the K10D? I usually use auto up to ISO640, but if I want a little boost, or if I want to force it a little higher, I can hold OK and spin the rear e-dial. (That was enabled with firmware 1.3?) I love that feature, but I'd also love to be able to return to auto just as easily.

I have it set to "forget" the WB and ISO settings, so I can turn it off and on to reset it, but is there an easier way?

03-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I think if you hold down Ok and hit the green button, it'll reset your ISO to auto.
03-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's what I do.
04-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #4

Original Poster
Awesome. Thanks! I knew there had to be an easy way.

04-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joefru Quote
A silly question, I know. Is there a way to easily reset the ISO to auto on the K10D? I usually use auto up to ISO640, but if I want a little boost, or if I want to force it a little higher, I can hold OK and spin the rear e-dial. (That was enabled with firmware 1.3?) I love that feature, but I'd also love to be able to return to auto just as easily.

I have it set to "forget" the WB and ISO settings, so I can turn it off and on to reset it, but is there an easier way?
Yes indeed, you can hold down "okay" and hit the "magic green button." This drove me nuts till I figured it out

Also: in the Custom Settings menu, you can make it so that it uses the "spare dial" for ISO adjustment in Av/Tv mode. Really convenient!!! That way, you don't even need to hold OK to make ISO adjustments.
04-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by moxfyre Quote
Also: in the Custom Settings menu, you can make it so that it uses the "spare dial" for ISO adjustment in Av/Tv mode. Really convenient!!! That way, you don't even need to hold OK to make ISO adjustments.
Yes, I have mine set that way, but you still can't get back to auto without OK+Green, right?
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joefru Quote
Yes, I have mine set that way, but you still can't get back to auto without OK+Green, right?
Hmmm... on mine, Green alone does it, in Av mode at least!
04-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thank you! This bugged me too, but I never knew how to reset the auto iso without going back through the LCD.

04-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want your "normal" settings and you want a boost setting occasionally, why don't you set USER mode to the Higher ISO and set the ISO for the other modes as you indicated you want.

User mode can have totally independant ISO and WB settings from all other modes