Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Senior Member
joefru's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 210
K10D auto ISO

A silly question, I know. Is there a way to easily reset the ISO to auto on the K10D? I usually use auto up to ISO640, but if I want a little boost, or if I want to force it a little higher, I can hold OK and spin the rear e-dial. (That was enabled with firmware 1.3?) I love that feature, but I'd also love to be able to return to auto just as easily.

I have it set to "forget" the WB and ISO settings, so I can turn it off and on to reset it, but is there an easier way?

03-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 429
I think if you hold down Ok and hit the green button, it'll reset your ISO to auto.
03-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,648
That's what I do.
04-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Senior Member
joefru's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 210
Original Poster
Awesome. Thanks! I knew there had to be an easy way.

04-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
Forum Member
moxfyre's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: College Park, MD
Posts: 86
QuoteOriginally posted by joefru Quote
A silly question, I know. Is there a way to easily reset the ISO to auto on the K10D? I usually use auto up to ISO640, but if I want a little boost, or if I want to force it a little higher, I can hold OK and spin the rear e-dial. (That was enabled with firmware 1.3?) I love that feature, but I'd also love to be able to return to auto just as easily.

I have it set to "forget" the WB and ISO settings, so I can turn it off and on to reset it, but is there an easier way?
Yes indeed, you can hold down "okay" and hit the "magic green button." This drove me nuts till I figured it out

Also: in the Custom Settings menu, you can make it so that it uses the "spare dial" for ISO adjustment in Av/Tv mode. Really convenient!!! That way, you don't even need to hold OK to make ISO adjustments.
04-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
joefru's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 210
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by moxfyre Quote
Also: in the Custom Settings menu, you can make it so that it uses the "spare dial" for ISO adjustment in Av/Tv mode. Really convenient!!! That way, you don't even need to hold OK to make ISO adjustments.
Yes, I have mine set that way, but you still can't get back to auto without OK+Green, right?
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Forum Member
moxfyre's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: College Park, MD
Posts: 86
QuoteOriginally posted by joefru Quote
Yes, I have mine set that way, but you still can't get back to auto without OK+Green, right?
Hmmm... on mine, Green alone does it, in Av mode at least!
04-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member
PentaxPoke's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,411
Thank you! This bugged me too, but I never knew how to reset the auto iso without going back through the LCD.

04-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #9
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,312
If you want your "normal" settings and you want a boost setting occasionally, why don't you set USER mode to the Higher ISO and set the ISO for the other modes as you indicated you want.

User mode can have totally independant ISO and WB settings from all other modes
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
auto, camera, dslr, iso, k10d, love, photography, reset
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Auto iso - k10d stevewig Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 03-25-2010 05:32 PM
K10D and AUTO ISO with manual lenses kevbirder Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 11-15-2008 10:03 PM
Another K10D auto-iso bug? twinda1 Pentax DSLR Discussion 0 03-12-2008 10:19 PM
K10D. Bug with Auto ISO in P mode? Edvinas Pentax DSLR Discussion 21 12-30-2006 05:47 PM
K10D Auto ISO now works with Exposure Compensation? RiceHigh Pentax DSLR Discussion 15 12-02-2006 06:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top