Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Potential upgrades in K-50 successor?

Which new features in the K-3 do you expect to trickle down to the K-50 successor, whenever that may be?

1) Prime III processor
2) 27-point AF system
3) 85k RGB metering system
4) 24 MP sensor
5) multi-AWB
7) Flu-Card compatibility
8) others?

I'll leave off dual-SD card slots and adjustable AA filter... no expectation of those being on a lesser camera than the K-3.

11-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Which new features in the K-3 do you expect to trickle down to the K-50 successor, whenever that may be?

1) Prime III processor
2) 27-point AF system
3) 85k RGB metering system
4) 24 MP sensor
5) multi-AWB
7) Flu-Card compatibility
8) others?

I'll leave off dual-SD card slots and adjustable AA filter... no expectation of those being on a lesser camera than the K-3.
I think they'll put SAFOX X (the K-5 II's AF system) in the next body. Not sure about any of the other features, as they're rather high-end. Better consumer-oriented features (i.e a tilting screen, wifi, gps, 18-55 /w silent focusing) should be a priority IMO, as the K-50 already takes good enough pictures.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I hope the multi-AWB, selectable AA, and flu card compatibility make it. To keep up and differentiate with the rival brand cameras.
11-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I hope the multi-AWB, selectable AA, and flu card compatibility make it. To keep up and differentiate with the rival brand cameras.
The D5300 already has wi-fi

But I will say that after playing with the K-3, the new SR system feels great. It resets really quickly and doesn't make as much noise as the K-5.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd put my bet on built-in Wi-Fi for the K-50 successor, but that may not (likely won't) include full tethering, just photo transfer with apps for tablets and phones.
11-03-2013, 07:10 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The D5300 already has wi-fi
Yeah, thats why I wrote "to keep up with."
And I think a flu card is better than built in. That way it wont cost as much, it is completely optional (some people dont want wireless in their camera), and you at least get dual card slots. And you can probably use wireless cards from other brands, too, so you can get a better one or one with different functionality once that market develops more.
11-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I think the metering system is the feature most likely to be ported from the K-3 to whatever ends up below it. The reason being, if you believe what you read, is this the essential element to the apparent fix to all the flash head-scratching idiosyncracies. I imagine Ricoh would like to get all that behind them throughout their DSLR camera lineup.
11-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Forum Member

An FLU card with tethering support ends some articulated screen clamor.