Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Pls vote for the best quality image and the worst one!
Best: The Toppest One 1854.55%
Best: The 2nd Toppest One 618.18%
Best: The 3rd Toppest One 824.24%
Best: The Bottom One 13.03%
Worst: The Toppest One 26.06%
Worst: The 2nd Toppest One 515.15%
Worst: The 3rd Toppest One 13.03%
Worst: The Bottom One 2575.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
In graduate school, we used to refer to statistics as the "bitch/goddess" of history because you could use the same numbers to reach different conclusions. With that said, now that the voting has occured, anyone care to summarize the results, as limited as they are?
Which card were taken by which camera/lens, etc....
You can look all that up in the thread at dpreview, the post after the pictures. Like I said above, it's interesting but I'm not sure what it tells you about the cameras in regular use.

Julie

01-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
You can look all that up in the thread at dpreview, the post after the pictures. Like I said above, it's interesting but I'm not sure what it tells you about the cameras in regular use.

Julie
Different people have different views or preferences, but there is always a "norm" for what is being good or bad, so here is the poll!

Afterall, I do think also that there should be an objective standard for what is being good or bad.

One can still argue that the target is not a "real life" one, but then the playing card is a true object in our daily life, isn't it? And yes, it's just one type of varous objects in this world, but so do others!
01-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
In graduate school, we used to refer to statistics as the "bitch/goddess" of history because you could use the same numbers to reach different conclusions. With that said, now that the voting has occured, anyone care to summarize the results, as limited as they are?
Which card were taken by which camera/lens, etc....
In your mentioned case, although it is not uncommon, is that certain people draw up different conclusions which they intended to present with some kind of maniplulations on the (same) results.

However, for this simple poll, I don't think this can happen, as the voting is so simple and direct and the results so far are clear, distinct and self-explanatory.

Of course, to obtain even more accurate results, more votes (for a larger population for the poll) will be highly desirable.
01-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I thought they all had trouble with the red edges of the heart, as well as the white texture. For me the one with the best compromises was #3 - not a popular choice. #2 was the worst compromise, as the jigglies were evident and the heart and background texture had the inner halos. But then, depending on what I was looking for/at, any one of them could be worst, or best.

01-24-2007, 07:39 AM   #20
Veteran Member

okay its only a game.. but to some perhaps it isnt.. to me they are all acceptable.. trying to define what is the "best" from a bunch of "much of a muchness" small crops is a kinda fruitless exercise..

almost as fruitless as trying to define what is the "best" camera..

in a world where we are spoilt for choice trying to define the "best" anything is nothing but an exercise in frustration..

trog
01-24-2007, 10:30 PM   #21
cmv

All of them have compression artifacts too.