Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2016, 07:00 PM   #1966
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,532
I really like the histogram on the instant review but not when I am pressing play Another reason why the K10d is a great camera.

Edit: Today I finally updated the firmware on my K10D... it still had version 1.00


Last edited by ChristianRock; 07-07-2016 at 08:07 AM.
07-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #1967
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,656
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Today I finally updated the firmware on my K10D... it still had version 1.00
How do you check that on the K10?

I'm still getting used to this no LV and having to look at the top LCD. All my other newer cameras have LV and no top LCD. I keep wanting to look at the back and see what my settings are only to remember I can't on the K10.
07-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #1968
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,532
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
How do you check that on the K10?

I'm still getting used to this no LV and having to look at the top LCD. All my other newer cameras have LV and no top LCD. I keep wanting to look at the back and see what my settings are only to remember I can't on the K10.
Turn it on pressing the Menu button, it will tell the firmware version, even without an SD card.

And yeah going back and forth from the K20D (which I had) and K10D to the K-r and K-S1, it gets a bit confusing. But I find myself looking at settings less and less, so I don't even mind it anymore
07-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #1969
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,656
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Turn it on pressing the Menu button, it will tell the firmware version, even without an SD card.
It has ver. 1.30. That's the latest, right?

07-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #1970
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,656
Went to PentaxForums and there's another updated firmware. 1.31. got it, will install it later tonight.
07-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #1971
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,532
From the Ricoh page, 1.31 is just a bug fix for some people who were having issues with the image being recorded on their SD card. While a nice to have, it's probably not going to make much of a difference if your SD card is working fine with the K10D.
07-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #1972
Pentaxian
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,866
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
From the Ricoh page, 1.31 is just a bug fix for some people who were having issues with the image being recorded on their SD card. While a nice to have, it's probably not going to make much of a difference if your SD card is working fine with the K10D.
Right - I'm still on 1.30 with no issues, so I'll just stick with it.
07-07-2016, 02:49 PM   #1973
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,656
Thanks guys. Camera is working okay with sdhc card in. So far no problems and as said in the computer world, if it ain't broke, why fix it.

07-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #1974
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,656
Question. How long does it take the charger to charge a battery? I don't believe the K-30 or K-50 chargers took this long. It's been charging since early afternoon and the light is still red.
07-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #1975
Pentaxian
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,866
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Question. How long does it take the charger to charge a battery? I don't believe the K-30 or K-50 chargers took this long. It's been charging since early afternoon and the light is still red.
Mine takes between 2-3 hrs. I have a couple of aftermarket batteries as well as the OEM ones. When charging the aftermarket batts, the light never turns green, it just stays red. I pull them out after 2 or 3 hours and they seem to work fine. YMMV.
07-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #1976
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,656
Well, just as I asked that question the light went out. So, perhaps 2 to 3 hours is right. Luckily, I got two OEM batteries with this camera and evidently seller had them both charged before he sent me the camera.
07-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #1977
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 217
Thanks to work I don't take as many photos as I used to and I have a K-3 with less than 200 clicks on it I got last year. I also have a K-5 I liked and used more but I used my K10D most of all. I still like it for low ISO stills.

When was the last firmware released?
07-07-2016, 08:12 PM   #1978
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,656
Ricoh's site doesn't say when the latest firmware was released.

I use my K-50 more than any other camera. I have a K-30 but the mainboard went out after 33000 + shots. It had 15000 on it when I bought it used from a member. The K-50 is brand new as of March this year. Since both the K-30 and the K-50 have aperture block failure on some models, I thought buying the K10 would give me an extra camera just in case. I also have a K-x that works okay, but needs cleaning because the focus screen has spider webs on it (don't ask, I something stupid and regret that now) but the camera still works, because of the spider webs, I just don't like using it much. One day I'll get around to cleaning it. And probably sell it after that. I have plans to get the K-30 fixed as well.
07-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #1979
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,532
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Ricoh's site doesn't say when the latest firmware was released.

I use my K-50 more than any other camera. I have a K-30 but the mainboard went out after 33000 + shots. It had 15000 on it when I bought it used from a member. The K-50 is brand new as of March this year. Since both the K-30 and the K-50 have aperture block failure on some models, I thought buying the K10 would give me an extra camera just in case. I also have a K-x that works okay, but needs cleaning because the focus screen has spider webs on it (don't ask, I something stupid and regret that now) but the camera still works, because of the spider webs, I just don't like using it much. One day I'll get around to cleaning it. And probably sell it after that. I have plans to get the K-30 fixed as well.
Once you start using that K10D in good lighting conditions (or with a flash) with ISOs from 100-400, you might find yourself using it more and more often
07-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #1980
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,656
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Once you start using that K10D in good lighting conditions (or with a flash) with ISOs from 100-400, you might find yourself using it more and more often
Maybe. I like the fact it's WR and has two wheels.

When this weather cools down some (108) today, I'll take it out on an excursion.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
allen, bird, camera, cameras, clicks, comparison, da, dslr, ff, flickr, images, k10d, k5, k5iis, leica, lens, nikon, pentax, photography, pictures, post, price, prix, ray, skin tones, time, version
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I started a K-5 Praise thread, now the Complaint thread imtheguy Pentax K-5 46 11-01-2010 09:20 AM
Suggestion Add Previous/Next Thread links at the top of each thread indytax Site Suggestions and Help 3 03-17-2009 05:40 PM
Iceemn360's K10d Photo Thread Timtast1c Post Your Photos! 50 01-10-2009 02:43 PM
Mandatory thread from new K10D owner :) Edvinas Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 12-08-2006 07:34 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top