PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-15-2016, 02:28 PM   #2162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by geol Quote
1.Horses near Aόos River spings Μetsovo Epirus Greece 2.Aόos River from the top of Konitsa Bridge 3.The Konitsa Bridge:Ηeight 20m span 40m Year of construction about 1870
Great views, geol! I take it the bridge is pedestrian-only? Please post more from your part of the world

Just walking around Main Street with the kit lens:
10-15-2016, 10:24 PM   #2163

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Great to see photos of some parts of Yosemite that I didn't even know existed. I've seen so many assembly line versions of the identical shot of Half Dome that everyone always takes that I'd almost started to think that was all there was. I particularly like the second one with the light playing over the rock crags. And now I know that I really, really have to get to Yosemite some day.

As for a hood for the 16-45mm: I really hate the big clumsy plastic petal hoods that you have to reverse every time you put the camera back in the bag, so on my 16-45mm I use a 67mm wide angle metal hood. It probably doesn't give quite as much flare protection as a petal hood, but I can leave it on the lens permanently with no need to reverse it, and an 82mm lens cap fits the hood perfectly. Suits my own needs much better than a petal hood.

Edit: It's actually an 86mm lens cap for the metal hood on the 16-45mm.
Dave, anytime you are ready just let me know. I do a mid June every year to an incredible set of waterfalls not seen by many park visitors, but it is hike. I have been going over the the "Park" for over 20 years and really have very few pictures of the Valley Floor/Half Dome. 99% of my pictures are of the high country, not seen by many,
If I can get in in November, I will take the hood with me and see what happens.
10-16-2016, 02:52 AM   #2164

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Great views, geol! I take it the bridge is pedestrian-only?
CorrectPaul.Only pedestrians and loaded with goods and supplies animals

10-17-2016, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #2165

Fall foliage in Nasu, Japan

Cold but calm sunny day. I went to shoot fall foliage with my K10D+DFA 100mm
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-17-2016, 06:21 AM   #2166

Superb color, forestskier . Love the patterns formed by the trees , landscape and fall colors.
10-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #2167

Going old school all the way. I picked up and old manual lens ( JC Penney 28mm ) and put the camera in manual mode (green button metering) . Like the color, but not the sharpest lens in the world. This was about f 5.6 .. I was using the depth of field scale to set the focus because I just cant see to focus clearly with a 28mm lens. Anyway it was a pretty day here in New Jersey.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-18-2016, 07:36 AM   #2168
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam Dennis Quote
Going old school all the way. I picked up and old manual lens ( JC Penney 28mm ) and put the camera in manual mode (green button metering) . Like the color, but not the sharpest lens in the world. This was about f 5.6 .. I was using the depth of field scale to set the focus because I just cant see to focus clearly with a 28mm lens. Anyway it was a pretty day here in New Jersey.
It looks a bit out of focus... some of those old lenses might be focusing past infinity or before infinity (at the infinity setting). My Rikenon 28 2.8 is like that - it focuses before infinity even at the infinity setting, so I can't use the DOF scale with it (I had the same issue with a Sears 50 1.7, also). I had a Rokinon 24 2.8 that focused past infinity, so I learned where infinity was and adapted to that when I wanted to use hyperfocal. It seemed to work well. But in both lenses, I had to learn what the DOF scale was doing, before I could get useful results. You might need to do the same with yours.
10-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #2169

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
It looks a bit out of focus... some of those old lenses might be focusing past infinity or before infinity (at the infinity setting). My Rikenon 28 2.8 is like that - it focuses before infinity even at the infinity setting, so I can't use the DOF scale with it (I had the same issue with a Sears 50 1.7, also). I had a Rokinon 24 2.8 that focused past infinity, so I learned where infinity was and adapted to that when I wanted to use hyperfocal. It seemed to work well. But in both lenses, I had to learn what the DOF scale was doing, before I could get useful results. You might need to do the same with yours.
Could be, I just bought the lens from an ebay seller. $15 in minty condition. 10 years old ? Twenty? I don't know. This was my first test of the thing. K Mount- It has an aperture ring, but no "A" setting. They had it listed as auto focus in one part of the listing, and manual in another. For $15 I did not care which.
10-18-2016, 07:55 AM   #2170

Another one from the same lens and location.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #2171
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam Dennis Quote
Another one from the same lens and location.
See how the front part of the image seems more in focus than the distant part? Once focused correctly, I bet it will be reasonably sharp. Most 28mm lenses are.
10-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #2172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

classic car reflections (with bonus selfie )
10-20-2016, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #2173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another from the car show - 1967 Camaro. I loved these cars as a teenager (still do!):
10-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #2174
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Another from the car show - 1967 Camaro. I loved these cars as a teenager (still do!):

The Camaro was my dream car as a teenager in the seventies too, Paul. But what I actually had was a 72 Chevy Impala called Big Bertha, handed down from my mother. I loved that old wreck, even after she dropped a cylinder and was running on seven. (I've probably mentioned here before that I actually grew up in Long Island, New York. Long story.)

QuoteOriginally posted by Grzldvt Quote
Dave, anytime you are ready just let me know.

Thanks, and I might just take you up on that someday. And if anyone from PF ever finds themselves here in beautiful Devon, just let me know and I'll give you the guided tour. Dartmoor ponies guaranteed.
10-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #2175
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
The Camaro was my dream car as a teenager in the seventies too, Paul. But what I actually had was a 72 Chevy Impala called Big Bertha, handed down from my mother. I loved that old wreck, even after she dropped a cylinder and was running on seven. (I've probably mentioned here before that I actually grew up in Long Island, New York. Long story.)
I had my share of "cruising vessels" as well - the nicest one being a '65 Pontiac Bonneville coupe. Also known as the "Beermobile", but I won't get into that right now . I also owned a '68 Firebird, very similar to the early Camaro. It'd had a hard life previously, and needed so much work I ended up selling it pretty quickly.

One more from the car show - I was framing a shot of the building & sign, when this girl employee stepped out the door. She saw my K10D pointed at her, and she quickly ran back inside . DA18-55: