Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12503 Likes Search this Thread
01-16-2014, 01:38 AM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Couple of days the clouds had clustered most of the sky.. yet the sun managed to give few of its spells during short -time fine shower, that passed by. The results you can see below - in my first attempt to do a panorama stitch. I had only Sigma 28-105 on me , my go-to walkabout lens. Of course it would be nicer to have one of my 28mm primes on, but like someone said : The best lens is the one you have with you

Click for a bigger image.

Panorama stich of three images shoot with K10D + Sigma 28-105, independently developed in Lightroom 5.

I had a lot of luck to see this beautiful rainbow AND to have my camera with me! It was clearly visible and the colors were prominent - most probably because of dark background of all the clouds. These rainbows are always reminding me of famous Biblical story of global flood and the meaning, that God has associated with rainbows for all the times to come, that there would never be another global flood..
--manntax

Last edited by manntax; 01-16-2014 at 01:49 AM.
01-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #212
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
'Elicar' Ringflash on my K10D + 50mm f4 SMC Macro-Takumar at f16

'Beating the Retreat' Ceremony, LONDON, K10D + 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 SMC Pentax-F at full aperture, manual focus.

K10D + 50mm f1.7 SMC Pentax-M lens. Multiblitz flashes

01-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #213
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice images, manntax & pentaxpete.
One from November with the kit lens (xposted):

01-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #214
Pentaxian

Unfortunately, my K10D died a couple of weeks ago while I was shooting some motorcycle ice racing. It had been working fine for several races. I took a lunch break while the trucks cleaned up the ice and when I came back, I was getting a "memory card error" message on the LCD. Of course, I changed cards and it did the same thing and no longer works with any card. I switched my K300/4 over to the K5 and finished shooting the days races. I'm debating whether to buy a used one. I have used it quite a bit the past 2 years with manual glass as I have Katz Eye screen in it. My youngest daughter is getting married next month and I want a backup camera body. Upgrading to the K3 isn't really exciting me much as I don't see it doing anything my K5 isn't doing for me right now. I'm leaning towards getting a used K10D from KEH.
Anyhow, here is one of my last shots from an old friend that has been with me constantly for the past 7 years. With a K300/4.

01-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #215
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Unfortunately, my K10D died a couple of weeks ago while I was shooting some motorcycle ice racing. It had been working fine for several races. I took a lunch break while the trucks cleaned up the ice and when I came back, I was getting a "memory card error" message on the LCD. Of course, I changed cards and it did the same thing and no longer works with any card. I switched my K300/4 over to the K5 and finished shooting the days races. I'm debating whether to buy a used one. I have used it quite a bit the past 2 years with manual glass as I have Katz Eye screen in it. My youngest daughter is getting married next month and I want a backup camera body. Upgrading to the K3 isn't really exciting me much as I don't see it doing anything my K5 isn't doing for me right now. I'm leaning towards getting a used K10D from KEH.
Anyhow, here is one of my last shots from an old friend that has been with me constantly for the past 7 years. With a K300/4.
Nice shot, it looks like the rider has a passenger rather than a competitor. Too bad about your camera.

I got up at 4am local time this morning and went up on Franklin Mountain near El Paso to catch the sunrise.

This one is on the West side looking towards Mexico. I may be mistaken, but it looks like there is a comet in this shot.

01-20-2014, 03:07 AM   #216
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I don't use mine much now but perhaps I should, when it can produce images like this...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
01-20-2014, 04:29 AM   #217
Veteran Member

that be dam pretty!

Yes. no excuses. even these old clunkers are fine! :P

01-20-2014, 05:53 AM   #218
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I don't use mine much now but perhaps I should, when it can produce images like this...
Yes, it is a beautiful shot. And congratulations for it getting in the exclusive gallery.

If I had made an image that nice it would occupy a prominent place on a wall in my home too!
01-20-2014, 06:25 AM   #219
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
that be dam pretty!
If that was about my image, thanks very much.

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
Yes. no excuses. even these old clunkers are fine!
I guess that's what I was trying to say, but your words are better than mine.
01-20-2014, 06:48 AM   #220
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Yes, it is a beautiful shot.
Thanks very much.

And congratulations for it getting in the exclusive gallery
Please understand that was not my motive for posting it here, it was more about as tromboads put so succinctly "Yes. no excuses. even these old clunkers are fine!"

occupy a prominent place on a wall in my home
I'm just looking into getting a Alumini Print from Loxley Colour in Glasgow, 18" x 12" or what ever 3708 x 2018 ratio converts to and I'm being really thick working that out just.
01-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #221
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks very much.
You're very welcome!

Please understand that was not my motive for posting it here, it was more about as tromboads put so succinctly "Yes. no excuses. even these old clunkers are fine!"
Of course!

I'm just looking into getting a Alumini Print from Loxley Colour in Glasgow, 18" x 12" or what ever 3708 x 2018 ratio converts to and I'm being really thick working that out just.
That should look very nice. The image has a good combination of colors, texture and mood.
01-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #222
Inactive Account

Yes, a BEAUTIFUL image from a great old camera.
01-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #223
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
a BEAUTIFUL image from a great old camera
Thank you for your kind words.
01-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just stunning. I wish I had taken that.
01-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #225
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Just stunning. I wish I had taken that
Thanks very much.

You'll need to come over and I'll show you where to stand.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 01-20-2014 at 02:25 PM.