Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2017, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #3346
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Ours was a beaten up old 72 model, and here she is on our driveway on Long Island: Big Bertha herself. (Apologies for the non-K10D photo. Hope I haven't already posted this one before.)
Dave, I love photos like this... authentic, unpretentious, of-their-time, documentary film shots. The pleasing-yet-inaccurate colours, grain and lack of critical sharpness only improve the captured scene, in my view. And what a car (or "land yacht", as I believe they're sometimes called )...

12-13-2017, 02:03 AM - 1 Like   #3347
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
"land yacht"

The average yacht has more responsive steering.
12-13-2017, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #3348
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

The average yacht has more responsive steering.
My "cruising vessel" was a '65 Pontiac Bonneville coupe. "Whooosh" is the word that comes to mind . Exactly like this one: http://www.pontiacserver.com/65pont.html

Not very Christmasy around here, warm and dry (too dry!). From the marina yesterday - F35-80 on K10D:
Vulture sunning itself:

Last edited by paulh; 12-13-2017 at 11:56 AM.
12-15-2017, 12:46 PM - 2 Likes   #3349
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pictures of birds are difficult?

I don't know, I keep hearing how difficult it is to get good bird shots with Pentax cameras. Doesn't seem to be that difficult to me. Just need something delicious to attract them! Here's my old lovebird trying to camouflage himself while sneaking a good meal.

Great colors from the K-10D!

P.S. I'd post a photo of my first car (a gold 1967 Chevy Impala land yacht). But it's too painful! The only shot I've got is from after it was hit in the dorm parking lot at school by a girl driving a stick shift who didn't have a driver's license and didn't know how to drive a stick shift! Never had enough money to get it fixed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
12-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #3350
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
I don't know, I keep hearing how difficult it is to get good bird shots with Pentax cameras. Doesn't seem to be that difficult to me. Just need something delicious to attract them! Here's my old lovebird trying to camouflage himself while sneaking a good meal.

Great colors from the K-10D!
Definitely great K10D colours. And a good bird shot!
12-18-2017, 04:04 PM - 4 Likes   #3351
Pentaxian

It's that time of the year to go back and look at the ones that didn't quite come out right, and think: Nope, that one didn't quite come out right. Here's one that I messed up back in July with the Super Takumar 20mm:

12-18-2017, 04:11 PM   #3352
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

It's that time of the year to go back and look at the ones that didn't quite come out right, and think: Nope, that one didn't quite come out right. Here's one that I messed up back in July with the Super Takumar 20mm
Hmmm. If that's your kind of "messed up" photo, Dave, a lot of mine I thought were OK must be pretty messed up too I like it... Not near the top of your achievements, perhaps, but a good photo for sure! Methinks you're too hard on yourself

12-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #3353
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Definitely great K10D colours. And a good bird shot!
Yes!

It's that time of the year to go back and look at the ones that didn't quite come out right, and think: Nope, that one didn't quite come out right. Here's one that I messed up back in July with the Super Takumar 20mm:
I'm looking over your photo with my woefully untrained eyes trying to find what's "wrong" with it. Possibly, maybe it's the pony partially obscured by the grass? I guess if these were inflatable ponies you could have simply posed that one in front of the grass. I dunno Dave, looks good to me, but what do I know?
12-19-2017, 02:35 AM   #3354
Pentaxian

Thanks, Mike and Paul. What I really don't like about that photo is that I know what it could have been, rather than what it is. The framing was restricted by cows just out of shot to the right, and I try to keep those malevolent creatures out of my photos if I can. At least once a year a cow will try to kill me, no matter what precautions I take, and as far as I'm concerned we should all eat as much steak and burgers as possible to try to rid the world of the bovine menace. We just need to eat 'em faster than they can reproduce.

This has suggested a new photographic project for me, though: to try to find a photogenic cow and take a decent picture of it. I think that when the snow comes I'll head out stalking the longhorns up on the high moor.
12-23-2017, 12:05 PM - 1 Like   #3355
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple more from Scotts Landing Marina with the F35-80. Merry Christmas everyone

12-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #3356
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
A couple more from Scotts Landing Marina with the F35-80. Merry Christmas everyone
Lovely shots, Paul

Merry Christmas to you and everyone in this important club thread! May you have peace and happiness throughout the festive season, and a wonderful 2018
12-27-2017, 10:00 AM - 4 Likes   #3357
Pentaxian

One from back in September that I didn't bother to process at the time. There was another angle from the same afternoon that I preferred, but this one is growing on me.

12-27-2017, 02:05 PM   #3358
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

but this one is growing on me.

And no wonder. I love it.
12-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #3359
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

One from back in September that I didn't bother to process at the time. There was another angle from the same afternoon that I preferred, but this one is growing on me.
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
And no wonder. I love it.
Me too. What's not to like?! Nice work, Dave...
12-27-2017, 11:57 PM   #3360
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Lovely shots, Paul Merry Christmas to you and everyone in this important club thread! May you have peace and happiness throughout the festive season, and a wonderful 2018
Thanks Mike and the same to you and yours!

One from back in September that I didn't bother to process at the time.
fantastic, Dave.