Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2018, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #3421
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Need to learn K10D again.

My K10D has been collecting dust for a while. Decided to check the battery; OK, still full.

Let's take a picture; turning the front dial while in Av and nothing happens. Change to Tv and front dial works. Back to Av and it does not work. What the heck? Close to resetting to factory defaults and then I realised that it has a rear dial as well

So that happens when you mostly shoot with a K100D and ignore the K10D

01-18-2018, 10:31 AM - 5 Likes   #3422
Pentaxian

K10D/Super Tak colors...

K10D, iso 400; Super Takumar f3.5 35mm, wide open
Out-of-camera jpeg, settings flat

Leaving the holiday decorations up a bit longer this year.
01-18-2018, 10:48 AM - 3 Likes   #3423
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
K10D/Super Tak colors...
Very nice, goats!

winding road to the lake on a gloomy December day - F35-80, which I find to be a nice "walk in the woods" lens:
01-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #3424
Pentaxian

Very nice shots, everyone. Nice to see you guys have kept up the good work while I was away

I spent almost a month in Brazil, but alas, the K10D stayed home. It's just too sick to travel anymore, I guess... the K-S1 being young and full of strength, took on the photo duties... but it was a vacation to visit with family most of the time, so not a lot of pictures were taken anyway.

I'm sure that soon, I'll be taking the K10D out on a lunch walk, when it's not 20 degrees outside

01-18-2018, 07:05 PM - 3 Likes   #3425
Pentaxian

O, deer....

Super-Takumar f4 150mm, wide open
K10D, at iso 100
out-of-camera jpeg, settings flat
01-18-2018, 11:30 PM - 5 Likes   #3426

Hello K10D Club!
The Shot:
Used my K10D with a SMC Pentax-M macro 1:4 50mm and I believe it was set a 200 ISO. It was extremely overcast that day. I bel8evbel8ev

I just signed up and decided to make my first post after hearing so much has about the community from my father.

---------- Post added 01-19-18 at 12:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BokehBaka Quote
Hello K10D Club!
The Shot:
Used my K10D with a SMC Pentax-M macro 1:4 50mm and I believe it was set a 200 ISO. It was extremely overcast that day. I bel8evbel8ev

I just signed up and decided to make my first post after hearing so much has about the community from my father.
I can't figure out how to delete or edit my post at all but I posted it early by mistake, my apologies.
**I believe I was using ISO 200. Personal preference I guess but I don't find the white background on this page to be very flattering for this shot XD

All of my gear has been purchased by my father on the forum market place so whoever just sold him this macro lens... I'm trying to put it to good use
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
01-19-2018, 07:49 AM - 3 Likes   #3427
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
O, deer....

Oh, wow! That's a stunner. I really don't think you can get that sort of look with anything less than a Tak.

Hello K10D Club!

Welcome to the club. That's a nice photo to start with.

Personal preference I guess but I don't find the white background on this page to be very flattering for this shot XD

I think photos always look better against a black or even mid-grey background. I wonder if there's a setting somewhere to change your forum preferences? Somehow after all this time I've never thought to check.

Here's a three shot stitch with the 18-55mm WR:

01-19-2018, 08:07 AM   #3428
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I think photos always look better against a black or even mid-grey background. I wonder if there's a setting somewhere to change your forum preferences? Somehow after all this time I've never thought to check.
Indeed you can! Under My Account -> Profile -> Edit Options (clickable link that should take you right there)
Down on that page under "Miscellaneous Options" there's a dropdown menu where you can choose the "Forum Skin" - and there are three options labeled "Dark". Choose one of those, don't forget to click on "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page and you can have a look at those.

01-19-2018, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #3429
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Indeed you can! Under My Account -> Profile -> Edit Options (clickable link that should take you right there)
Down on that page under "Miscellaneous Options" there's a dropdown menu where you can choose the "Forum Skin" - and there are three options labeled "Dark". Choose one of those, don't forget to click on "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page and you can have a look at those.
In addition to those settings, you can also click on "style selector" at the bottom left of any page. You can choose from different color backgrounds and fonts.
01-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #3430
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote

Thank you, ehrwien! It's amazing how much punchier all the photos on the forum look against the darker background. I'm not so sure if I like typing comments in white-on-black, but then you can't have everything.

---------- Post added 01-19-18 at 03:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
In addition to those settings, you can also click on "style selector" at the bottom left of any page. You can choose from different color backgrounds and fonts.

Thanks Paul, the style selector is even better. Now I can easily switch between a light background for typing and a dark one to see photos better. How on earth have I never spotted that in five years?
01-19-2018, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #3431
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Eiffel Tower from a boat on the Seine during Blue Hour.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
01-19-2018, 09:39 AM - 2 Likes   #3432
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taken on the same day using the F35-80 again:

Something was here, once upon a time...
01-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #3433

Welcome to the club. That's a nice photo to start with.

Thank you! I found a dark theme at the bottom of the page but I'm using the mobile site hence the confusion on my first post. I'm not sure how it differs from the full site.
01-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #3434
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Paul, the style selector is even better. Now I can easily switch between a light background for typing and a dark one to see photos better. How on earth have I never spotted that in five years?
Don't feel bad, Dave. I have been here for ten years and it took me ages before I found the Style Selector. And thanks to your prompting I have now changed to a dark background and the images do look better. So, thank you!
01-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #3435
Pentaxian

I also only found the style selector now. But on some threads the text seems to be black over dark grey so I've changed back to a white background now... :/