Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice, CR!

Primrose along the pond's edge - DA18-55 on K10D:

06-04-2018, 06:44 AM   #3767
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Primrose along the pond's edge - DA18-55 on K10D:
Beautiful light! And very nice composition.
06-04-2018, 08:27 AM - 9 Likes   #3768
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some from my last trip to Spain. All were taken with my FA 28-80mm lens. On this trip, the average temperature was 107F. The net result was that almost no clouds were seen over the entire trip, as can't be seen in the pictures.

The first is of a fountain on the grounds of the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art in Jerez de la Frontera. The second is of the iconic bridge into Ronda. The third is of a dust devil somewhere outside Madrid. The fourth is overlooking the Tagus River surrounding Toledo and the last is a detail of a windmill in Consuegra.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-04-2018, 08:51 AM - 4 Likes   #3769
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
Some from my last trip to Spain. All were taken with my FA 28-80mm lens. On this trip, the average temperature was 107F. The net result was that almost no clouds were seen over the entire trip, as can't be seen in the pictures.

The first is of a fountain on the grounds of the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art in Jerez de la Frontera. The second is of the iconic bridge into Ronda. The third is of a dust devil somewhere outside Madrid. The fourth is overlooking the Tagus River surrounding Toledo and the last is a detail of a windmill in Consuegra.
I love the FA series rendering, especially the blues and browns, and your pictures show it well, even if I'm sure there was quite a bit of PP put into them.

---------- Post added 06-04-18 at 12:08 PM ----------

Also taken last week...
I am finding good use for the "split toning" module in Darktable - it is good to give pictures a more "vintage look", which works well especially in full sun. And if used sparingly, it can bring out a lot more texture and subdue colors, like in these two examples. I can't wait to see what it does on portraits of people.

That geranium picture in the last page also made use of this module, but a lot more stuff went into that one. Reds are difficult...

I hope this post processing talk isn't boring people to death

06-04-2018, 09:17 AM   #3770
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Beautiful light! And very nice composition.
Thanks! And no, not at all. Nice work - split-toning is not something I've dabbled in much yet, but your photos are inspiring!

@Subsea, lovely set of images.
06-04-2018, 09:30 AM - 9 Likes   #3771

CFB Borden Air Show 2018

Attended an airshow at Canadian Forces Base Borden this past Saturday. Hadn't been there since I was a kid and this was my first attempt at photographing airplanes and the like. The weather was perfect--clear blue skies and bright sunshine but that sun did make it tricky at times. I can honestly say this is the first time I have lamented having only 10 megapixels to work with. Even with the DAL 55-300 at the long end, it was a struggle for resolution on many of the pictures. Still, all told, it was a fun day and I'm relatively pleased with most of the pictures taken.

Canadian Armed Forces Parachute Team, the SkyHawks

Harvard

Lockheed CP-140A Arcturus

Pitts S2

Goodyear FG-1D Corsair

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2018 at 12:36 ----------

Since the Forums are looking for 40,000 posts this month, allow me to post a few more from the airshow.

Canadian Forces Snowbirds

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2018 at 12:41 ----------

Canadian Harvard Aerobatic Team

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2018 at 12:52 ----------

CF-18 Hornet

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2018 at 12:55 ----------

Spitfire Mk IX

Last edited by Orbus; 06-04-2018 at 11:37 AM.
06-04-2018, 03:16 PM   #3772
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful shots and very enjoyable viewing. That lens and the K10D are a formidable combo. TFS.

---------- Post added 05-06-18 at 08:20 AM ----------

No. it isn't. Keep it up.

But, like Paul, I have not done much split toning. I've watched a few videos but I don't seem to get the same results. Obviously, more practice is needed.

---------- Post added 05-06-18 at 08:26 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Orbus Quote
Attended an airshow at Canadian Forces Base Borden this past Saturday. Hadn't been there since I was a kid and this was my first attempt at photographing airplanes and the like. The weather was perfect--clear blue skies and bright sunshine but that sun did make it tricky at times. I can honestly say this is the first time I have lamented having only 10 megapixels to work with. Even with the DAL 55-300 at the long end, it was a struggle for resolution on many of the pictures. Still, all told, it was a fun day and I'm relatively pleased with most of the pictures taken.
Wow! What a superb collection of shots and every one of them is a cracker. Excellent work even if you only had 10MP to work with but you were working with a K10D and there is the difference. Well done, sir.

06-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #3773
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CFB Borden Air Show 2018
Excellent images - love the Spit!
06-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #3774

Thanks, gents, for your kind comments. Makes me wonder why I waited so long to visit the air show again. I really should get out more!
06-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #3775
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful shots and very enjoyable viewing. That lens and the K10D are a formidable combo. TFS.

---------- Post added 05-06-18 at 08:20 AM ----------

Thanks, Ray. I completely agree about the combination of the lens and the K10D. I haven’t been able to get the same magic when the lens is on my K-3ii.
06-05-2018, 05:46 AM   #3776
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Fantastic photos. Looks like you had plenty of resolution to work with as far as I can tell, and that 55-300mm seems like a great match with the K10D.

You've definitely made me realise that I made the wrong choice in deciding to take my K-S1 to the Torbay Airshow last weekend instead of the GX-10.

---------- Post added 06-05-18 at 01:50 PM ----------

It's a joy to look at those shots, Mark. I used to visit Spain often when my parents lived there, and you've captured the intensity of the colours and the light perfectly, just the way I remember them.
06-05-2018, 09:43 AM - 2 Likes   #3777
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Club seems to be picking up the pace these days with all kinds of gorgeous K10 images

Under the pecan trees at nearby Parr Park a couple weeks ago. DA16-45 on K10D:

Big Bear Creek, just a 10 minute hike from the park:
06-05-2018, 02:11 PM   #3778
Pentaxian

The Club seems to be picking up the pace these days with all kinds of gorgeous K10 images

Is the DA 16-45 a recent acquisition? I love mine (despite my preference for zooms, I'm glad I have it )
06-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #3779
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice images, Paul. I especially like the light in the second one. Good work.
06-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #3780

I love the FA series rendering, especially the blues and browns, and your pictures show it well, even if I'm sure there was quite a bit of PP put into them.

---------- Post added 06-04-18 at 12:08 PM ----------

Also taken last week...
I am finding good use for the "split toning" module in Darktable - it is good to give pictures a more "vintage look", which works well especially in full sun. And if used sparingly, it can bring out a lot more texture and subdue colors, like in these two examples. I can't wait to see what it does on portraits of people.

That geranium picture in the last page also made use of this module, but a lot more stuff went into that one. Reds are difficult...

Not Boring at All Beautiful Work

---------- Post added 06-05-18 at 07:15 PM ----------

I agree Lots of Very Nice Submissions