Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12504 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2018, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #4291
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, Dave,

I kind of had a similar experience to what Ray described. I started my photography escapades with a Spotmatic F in the mid 70's, shooting with Kodacolor. Then I discovered Kodachrome 25 and the nice saturated colors you got with a slight underexposure. I kept up with film (Kodachrome) and various Pentax cameras until I finally went to digital, also with a K10D, a little over a decade ago. The saturated colors I got with Kodachrome were pretty much matched with what I was getting out of the K10D, so there wasn't much angst generated over the switch to digital. I continued using the K10D as my primary digital camera until about a year ago when I went to a K-3II as my primary, and I'm pretty comfortable with my ability to get similar images from it.

10-23-2018, 09:20 PM - 6 Likes   #4292
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know that most of you guys are in the Northern Hemisphere and are preparing for winter but those of us down here in the Southern Hemisphere are waiting for summer. And my frangipani (plumeria) trees are getting their new leaves.
K10D and Tamron AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 Tele-Macro 1:2 LD Di.

10-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #4293
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
And my frangipani (plumeria) trees are getting their new leaves.
Nice, Ray - enjoy your Spring!

A couple more from the Coppell TX carshow. DA16-45 on K10D:

10-24-2018, 09:57 PM - 5 Likes   #4294
gjm

LOVED my K10D ..... What is next

New to the Forum.

I have been shooting Pentax since the late '90s. I recently had my camera stolen on a trip to Africa and I am looking to replace the camera and lens. So far I am interested in the KP, K 3 ii, K 5 ii.

Thought I would throw up a few images from my trip to Alaska last fall.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-24-2018, 10:53 PM   #4295
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gjm Quote
New to the Forum.

I have been shooting Pentax since the late '90s. I recently had my camera stolen on a trip to Africa and I am looking to replace the camera and lens. So far I am interested in the KP, K 3 ii, K 5 ii.

Thought I would throw up a few images from my trip to Alaska last fall.
Hi GJM

Welcome
Is/was the camera covered by your holiday insurance,if so what does the insurance company want to replace them with ?
Nice shots by the way

Dave
10-24-2018, 11:03 PM   #4296
gjm

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi GJM

Welcome
Is/was the camera covered by your holiday insurance,if so what does the insurance company want to replace them with ?
Nice shots by the way

Dave
I currently have an open claim with the travel insurance.

I am hoping they will cover the purchase price of the camera. That will give me a good start to replacing the body and lenes that were taken.
10-24-2018, 11:28 PM   #4297
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi GJM

Hope it worls out ok
In OZ new for old is common so no K10D but a new current model.

Dave

10-25-2018, 02:52 AM - 6 Likes   #4298
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
One of these days I'm going to manage to take a photo that's completely black *. Until then, ones like this will have to do. Sunrise this morning with the Tak 20.

(* Yes, I know I could just leave the lens cap on, wise guy. But then it wouldn't be a completely black photo that's actually of anything.)
10-25-2018, 06:48 AM   #4299
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice, Dave. But I'm not sure that pony isn't just a black piece of paper 3 feet from your camera!
10-25-2018, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #4300
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
But I'm not sure that pony isn't just a black piece of paper 3 feet from your camera!

Yep, you got me. I had to put up a huge piece of paper with a pony and some sky painted on it to hide what was actually standing there:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SAMSUNG GX10  Photo 
10-25-2018, 08:21 AM   #4301
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Love it! Great job!
10-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #4302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Yes, I know I could just leave the lens cap on, wise guy. But then it wouldn't be a completely black photo that's actually of anything.
You could always try focusing on the lettering imprinted on the back of the lens cap
10-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #4303
Veteran Member

I don't have any K10d pictures to post at the moment, but I have question.

Is the original genuine Pentax D-Li50 battery still available anywhere?

I looked on the Ricoh site under products. They list batteries for their newer cameras, of course, but not for the K10d.

I checked B & H and Adorama, but they don't list it either.

So, I sent an email to Ricoh via their "Contact Us" webpage. I got a prompt, but completely unresponsive reply the next day.

I had asked them a simple (I thought) question: Does Ricoh/Pentax still manufacture and sell the D-Li50 battery?

Their reply was to point me to B & H and Adorama, which I already knew did not list it on their websites. Ricoh also directed me to Precision Camera, but said that they will not sell repair parts, except to repair a camera sent to them.

There is nothing wrong with my K10d, so I can't send it to Precision.

Am I stuck with aftermarket batteries from eBay?
10-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #4304
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
Am I stuck with aftermarket batteries from eBay?

One of my batteries is a factory original and the other is from ebay, and I've never noticed any difference between them in real world use. As long as you take the usual precautions of buying from a seller with a good rating, an aftermarket battery should work fine.
10-25-2018, 04:51 PM   #4305

I also Have Some After Market Batteries For The K10D
No Issues With Mine