Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2013, 03:34 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldhand Quote
Bought my K-10D from a pawn shop so I could use my M42 lenses.
Best thing I have done in a long time.
Here with a Sears 50mm f2 lens:
Gees those NSW plates. you are making me home sick.

But we cant have this thread tarnished with MG's!

Ahhhhh much better.

11-20-2013, 03:40 AM - 1 Like   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote

Ahhhhh much better.
Hahahaha.
They aren't all MG's.
One is a very rare Packard.
What's the old maxim for the car industry - don't buy anything ending in "O" .............. Ren"O", Volv"O", Puerg"O", Saab"O"..........................
Then there is that other little gem:
What is the most comfortable thing to sit in while you wait for a tow-truck?
.............a Jag"O"

OH
11-20-2013, 03:48 AM   #33
Veteran Member

I confess. I was once broken down in a XJ6 on the easter weekend heading to Newcastle from Old Bar. It was stop and start traffic coming down the last hill into Bulladealah. Watching the temperature gauge climbing skyward I turned it off and let it roll down. I got in line with the servo on the outskirts (the truck stop just before the entrance into the Old Pacific Race... I mean Highway, And well the old XJ6 wouldn't start up again.

The battery had died sometime during the trip and the altenator was keeping me alive naturally. I waited 3hours until someone had some leads to give me a jump (was an auto) The petrol station was closed of course. hahah

Ahhh good times. :P
11-20-2013, 04:09 AM   #34

I confess. I was once broken down in a XJ6 on the easter weekend heading to Newcastle from Old Bar. It was stop and start traffic coming down the last hill into Bulladealah. Watching the temperature gauge climbing skyward I turned it off and let it roll down. I got in line with the servo on the outskirts (the truck stop just before the entrance into the Old Pacific Race... I mean Highway, And well the old XJ6 wouldn't start up again.

The battery had died sometime during the trip and the altenator was keeping me alive naturally. I waited 3hours until someone had some leads to give me a jump (was an auto) The petrol station was closed of course. hahah

Ahhh good times. :P
Good times indeed.
Can't see Buladelah now unless you turn off the highway - it has been bypassed. Goodbye O'Sullivan's Gap.
Same as Karuah - bypassed ... one servo left.
OH

11-20-2013, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've watched the Kx's come out, the k5's the K30's the K50's and now the K3's and nope.
I don't know...I've got a K-01 and it puts out a pretty sweet pic, too. I'd love to try a K3. The K5IIs was tempting, but this is even better. Can't wait to see what else Pentax has coming.
11-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I don't know...I've got a K-01 and it puts out a pretty sweet pic, too. I'd love to try a K3. The K5IIs was tempting, but this is even better. Can't wait to see what else Pentax has coming.
K10D, K-01, (fooling around with Q's) - there are enough peripheral improvements that I'll get a K3.

With all the film cameras I have I probably don't need a Pentax L camera. Bummer.
11-20-2013, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, I'm sure you would not mind a couple more MGs...

and maybe an Austin Healey, as well...

11-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K10D goes on!

I have recently started several threads about K10D and way it keeps delivering, and I also thought of creating sort of club or a dedicated place for this fantastic camera.. so glad this thread started and I found it now
K10D is such a great camera that I enjoy using since 2007 when I bought it. It has been my favoured digital camera to date - despite owning a K-01 for example - still if I can, I always prefer the K10D. The body size, handling, menus ( apart from minor issues - like scrolling through options - K-01 menu layout is much more ergonomic ), quickly accessible the most important controls ( focus mode, metering mode, SR, AE, AF , etc.. ) - overall the handling is fantastic. I had a genuine grip for it for some time but guess what ! I sold it after I realised that I much more prefered using K10D alone than with the grip - it just fits in my hands and balances greatly even with heavy lenses.. it reminds me of fantastic ergonomics of Z1p which I still got and use and consider as a top camera if it comes to ergonomics (well I miss the AF button only to be precise ).
The K10D will serve me for many years and it will live on with my son who grows into photography if I ever decide to upgrade When I look at the photos that people upload, be it K30, K50, K5 or even K3- I don't know if it's only me - or I just don't see much of an improvement - at least for ISO up to 500-640 I honestly think that K10D is great: the detail is there; weak AA filter keeps things crisp and sharp; and noise clears beautifully - for B&W work it even adds a lot of character..
I would pick my K-01 over K10D ONLY for long 400mm+ telephoto lenses ( especially with teleconverter ) or sometime for macro shots (for live view ), and of course theatres or concerts - due to silent shutter + better noise handling at ISO 800+... apart from these situations - the K10D goes

So lets keep this thread alive - and my contribution below :

Found this unusual looking stone today, the weather was cloudy and was raining so I took one snap only - K10D + Carl Zeiss 35mm 2.4

And these two are macro shots from flowering pot - both done with K10D + my unbranded 135mm lens ( see: Help identify 135mm f2-8 lens) with bellows and some off camera flash if I recall.

--manntax
11-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Oh, I'm sure you would not mind a couple more MGs...
*blushes* no, you are right :P
11-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #40

*blushes* no, you are right :P
Yep - lervelly TD!
11-20-2013, 02:25 PM - 2 Likes   #41
Pentaxian

indoor, no flash,Iso cranked up, handheld, awkward lighting and shadows pushed with crappy software isn't the K10's greatest strength (lol), but even so I genuinely like the grain and texture that it can add.

Casual snapshots on the showroom floor of the just released Yamaha MT09

11-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by saladin Quote
indoor, no flash,Iso cranked up, handheld, awkward lighting and shadows pushed with crappy software isn't the K10's greatest strength (lol), but even so I genuinely like the grain and texture that it can add.

Taken with K-10D and Sears 50mm
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
11-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by saladin Quote

God those bikes look like a proper bit of fun!

And grain shmrain! Looks good!
11-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

God those bikes look like a proper bit of fun!

And grain shmrain! Looks good!
+1 for that.
11-20-2013, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is a shot I took handheld in a motor bike museum at 1600 ISO.