Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #4546
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Ray, I just uploaded a photo to Google Photos, and it's showing up for me on PF. I posted it in the pet thread just now (dogwalk photo).
Your Pet A Day.... (post up!) - Page 639 - PentaxForums.com

If anyone would like to take a look and confirm, please do. I used the "easy" method discussed earlier: Go to Google Photos, select and display the image. Right-click on the photo and select "copy image address". Then post it to PF by clicking the "mountain/sun in the square" icon and pasting the link there. Note that I resized the image to about 925 x 700 before uploading, so it's ready to post. Hope this helps!
Paul, when I go to the linked post the picture doesn't show. There is a circle with a horizontal in it instead.

03-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #4547
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Paul, when I go to the linked post the picture doesn't show. There is a circle with a horizontal in it instead.
Thanks, goats. It's still showing up for me, but looks like I need to do some investigating.

I just checked the post on my Samsung phone, using the default Samsung browser, and it shows up fine. ?

Last edited by paulh; 03-12-2019 at 01:06 PM.
03-12-2019, 03:04 PM   #4548
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ray, I just uploaded a photo to Google Photos, and it's showing up for me on PF. I posted it in the pet thread just now (dogwalk photo).
Your Pet A Day.... (post up!) - Page 639 - PentaxForums.com

If anyone would like to take a look and confirm, please do. I used the "easy" method discussed earlier: Go to Google Photos, select and display the image. Right-click on the photo and select "copy image address". Then post it to PF by clicking the "mountain/sun in the square" icon and pasting the link there. Note that I resized the image to about 925 x 700 before uploading, so it's ready to post. Hope this helps!
No, the image does not show, Paul. And that was confirmed by another member of that thread. That is what I was expecting.
Try editing that post and use my more complex method.

Last edited by rayallen; 03-12-2019 at 05:01 PM.
03-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #4549
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, goats. It's still showing up for me, but looks like I need to do some investigating.

I just checked the post on my Samsung phone, using the default Samsung browser, and it shows up fine. ?
It will always show for you because you are the owner. I really wish that they had not changed how this worked in Picasa.

03-12-2019, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #4550
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
No, the image does not show, Paul. And that was confirmed by another member of that thread. That is what I was expecting.
Try editing that post and use my more complex method.
Thanks Ray. I removed the photo from the post, and will try posting again from Flickr as usual. I'll give your method a try one of these days - thanks!
03-13-2019, 09:16 AM - 4 Likes   #4551
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1969 Camaro RS seen at a car show last Fall. DA16-45/4:
03-14-2019, 02:16 AM - 4 Likes   #4552
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bird photos aren't really my thing, but these crows were feeding on the ground as I approached so I zone focused my Tak 20 to try to catch them as they took flight. I wasn't expecting them to come out completely silhouetted, but I actually quite like the effect, and I suppose it was inevitable since I had to underexpose the sky to avoid blowing out the brightest area of clouds (Posted using the patented Ray Allen Google Photos technique.)

03-14-2019, 09:07 AM   #4553
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Bird photos aren't really my thing
Nicely done, Dave.
03-17-2019, 09:03 AM - 3 Likes   #4554
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The light rays were really bouncing around that evening. DA18-55 on both photos:

Driving around Fillmore, Calif, at sunset last summer: (thru-the windshield)
03-20-2019, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #4555
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At the lake last April (the lake is directly behind me). DA18-55 on K10D:
03-21-2019, 08:52 AM - 2 Likes   #4556
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More from the quaint little town of Fillmore, Calif. The winery is near the old historic rail depot. We weren't sure the place was still in business, but it is! They are only open in afternoons/early evenings. DA18-55:

03-24-2019, 10:22 AM - 1 Like   #4557
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems oddly quiet around here lately...? Anyway, here's a couple from early March with the Super Tak 35/3.5 (xposted to Takumar Club):

03-24-2019, 12:13 PM - 5 Likes   #4558
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It was a lovely sunny spring morning when I went down into Tavistock to get my Sunday paper today, so I grabbed a snap. Six shots handheld with the Takumar 17mm, defished and stitched in Photoshop. The end result is only actually about two shots wide, but I wanted to give the stitching software plenty of data to work with. (Looks like the forum has done some auto-resizing that makes it look unsharp on my monitor. So it goes.)

03-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #4559
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was a lovely sunny spring morning when I went down into Tavistock to get my Sunday paper today, so I grabbed a snap. Six shots handheld with the Takumar 17mm, defished and stitched in Photoshop. The end result is only actually about two shots wide, but I wanted to give the stitching software plenty of data to work with. (Looks like the forum has done some auto-resizing that makes it look unsharp on my monitor. So it goes.)
Wow, that is excellent, Dave. It looks sharp enough to me on my 23" Dell monitor but, unfortunately, I can't enlarge it because of the patented posting technique you are using! As it is, it sure has impact.
03-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #4560
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(Looks like the forum has done some auto-resizing that makes it look unsharp on my monitor. So it goes.)
Beautiful scene Dave - looks plenty sharp on my bargain Acer 23" monitor, fwiw