Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #4936
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
Bet you have great memories!
I do.

We lived all over the US when I was growing up, as dad did 20 years in the Navy. Southwest, Southeast, Northeast, Midwest, and Northwest. Lots of great and lasting experiences, for sure.

10-06-2019, 04:45 PM - 6 Likes   #4937
Pentaxian

A bit of K10D fall fall festival color:

One of the annual scarecrow contest entries, Lewistown, Illinois.

Available from the pumpkin and gourd vendor, Duncan Mills, Illinois.

Both with the Tamron Adaptall2 SP 52bb f2.5 90mm.
10-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #4938
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I gave my K-10 to a friend three years ago, and she returned it to me recently when the screw (as in screw drive) stopped working, so now it is manual focus only. I thought I would try it out, so picked up a random lens from my cabinet, which turned out to be SMC Pentax-A 50mm f 1.7. After fiddling around with the settings and returning the camera to original factory settings, I gave it a spin, and here are the first results. Next step is to install the Pentax M42 adapter and make the K-10 into a dedicated Takumar platform.
These pictures have the typical Pentax 50 1.7 rendering. I like the 3rd one a lot!
10-06-2019, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #4939
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote

One of the annual scarecrow contest entries, Lewistown, Illinois.

Available from the pumpkin and gourd vendor, Duncan Mills, Illinois.

Both with the Tamron Adaptall2 SP 52bb f2.5 90mm.
People talk a lot about the Pentax reds (and rightfully so). But I find the oranges are also quite different and very pleasing with the CCD sensor, and I think you're proving that very well!

10-06-2019, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #4940
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
These pictures have the typical Pentax 50 1.7 rendering. I like the 3rd one a lot!
Thank you. I have just begun watching the rendering of different lenses. I am not quite sure exactly how to do this, but as Yogi Berra once famously said, "You can observe a lot just by watching."
10-07-2019, 12:55 PM - 3 Likes   #4941
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Hey goats - none of your photos are showing up for me the past few days, on mobile or on the pc..? Not sure what's up as I've always been able to see them before. I'll do some checking on my end.

DA18-135
10-07-2019, 01:01 PM - 3 Likes   #4942
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Hey goats - none of your photos are showing up for me the past few days, on mobile or on the pc..? Not sure what's up as I've always been able to see them before. I'll do some checking on my end.

DA18-135
I'm linking images for insertion the same way as always.

Someone said that about one of them yesterday, and when I edited the message, deleting the image and then putting it back in exactly the same way, he said he could see it then. It seemed like a strange one-time glitch. Sometimes other people's images don't show for me, but if I reload the page they show up. I thought that was just because I can have a slow connection sometimes.

The message you're referring to, Paul, at the moment has 3 "likes" so I'm assuming those three people could see the picture. [ They wouldn't click "like" for not having to see another of my pictures, would they? ] I don't know why some people would see an image and others not see it.

I'll try another pic of the same scarecrow, to see if you can see that one. I changed an option at my image hosting site, but I don't know if it will make a difference.

:

Last edited by goatsNdonkey; 10-07-2019 at 01:25 PM.
10-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #4943
Pentaxian

goats, what hosting service do you use? Your last post in this page is showing fine, but the previous one (one I even gave a like to) doesn't show up anymore. Hopefully just a glitch and next time I load the page it will be there...

10-07-2019, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #4944
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
goats, what hosting service do you use? Your last post in this page is showing fine, but the previous one (one I even gave a like to) doesn't show up anymore. Hopefully just a glitch and next time I load the page it will be there...
The past couple or three years I've been using Google Photos. If suddenly linking to those photos the same way I have been doing doesn't make them viewable to everybody here, I wonder if the images in my last few years of posts also suddenly are missing from my forum posts for those people as well?

I got really tired of changing photo hosting sites -- when I hit the limit of free images, or when a free site became expensive, or when a site just disappeared one day -- so I really don't know what I will do if suddenly the site I've been using doesn't want to play nice with this forum anymore for reasons I don't understand. It is very discouraging.

Once again, here is the picture from my Google Photos account some of you saw a few posts back (or saw then and can't see now), put into this message the way I have been doing for a long time:

Here is the same image, newly uploaded to imgbb at which I just made an account. Some of you might be seeing it for the first time, if it posts properly.

The idea of starting to set up albums of photos at imgbb now, instead of at Google Photos, where I have so many images organized by lens, camera, etc. is very discouraging/depressing. Maybe I would just upload a few pictures I HAD TO post. The idea of trying to move over all the stuff at Google Photos, if imgbb actually seemed dependable...(not counting on that)...makes me want to throw up.
10-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #4945
dbs
Pentaxian

Hi Goats

Whatever you did I can see your scarecrow and vegetables photos now

Dave
10-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #4946
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, goats. Yesterday, I was able to see them on my iPad shortly after you posted them, but I couldn't see them on my Mac later in the day. I assumed that it was temporary and that they would return later in the day, which they did.

As for people not giving likes if they haven't seen the images, that's quite an assumption!

For my own postings, I would assume the opposite... that likes are because people are grateful that they haven't seen them!
10-07-2019, 02:34 PM - 4 Likes   #4947
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another one from the archives: a sprinkling of red chimney flues in Paris. Taken from Montmartre in 2009 with my K-10D and FA 100-300mm @ 300mm.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #4948
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
Hey, goats. Yesterday, I was able to see them on my iPad shortly after you posted them, but I couldn't see them on my Mac later in the day. I assumed that it was temporary and that they would return later in the day, which they did.

As for people not giving likes if they haven't seen the images, that's quite an assumption!

For my own postings, I would assume the opposite... that likes are because people are grateful that they haven't seen them!
The seeing and then not seeing, and the not seeing and then seeing, experiences make me think that there could have been some glitch on some server or vaguely out in internet land, that delayed or interrupted the linking long enough that the forum post loaded more or less completely, except for the image.

Another theory that's occurred to me is that, since the Google Photo image addresses are very long, perhaps people having trouble with them have had some sort of automatic software update that gives them trouble with very long image addresses. If that were it, I might try converting the long addresses with tinyurl.com to short ones. But then, with some people being able to see the images later, despite the long image addresses, that would seem not to be the problem.

Dad-burned computers!
10-07-2019, 08:25 PM - 2 Likes   #4949
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Goats, I'm seeing both images in post #4944 - nice!

From Nov. 2013 with the DA18-55 on K10D:
10-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #4950
dbs
Pentaxian

Hi Paul maybe you and goats can compare your attaching protocols for your photos are always here to view.
just a thought

Dave