Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2014, 01:06 AM   #526
Senior Member
Oldhand's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mid North Coast NSW Australia
Posts: 176
QuoteOriginally posted by instantes Quote
Bought recently (1874 shutter actuations) and loving! Specially the skin tones.
My daughter focused on doing a bracelet. Just straight out from the camera, zero pp
Just beautiful.
Gotta love the K-10D.
OH

06-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #527
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
hollywoodfred's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hollywood, Maryland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 347
I took my K10D for a ride today. Tall ships were nearby, so I thought I'd try to capture a few shots from my boat. Given my general unsteadiness combined with the amount of bobbing my boat was doing, I didn't think any of the shots would be in focus. However, the camera surprised me today. For both shots below, I adjusted the white balance - it was an overcast day, and I removed some spots -I still have some dust on either the lens or the sensor. Finally, I cropped to eliminate unwanted small boats and reduced the size to meet PF requirements.


The Kalmar Nyckel, a reproduction of a 1638 Dutch sailing Pinnace.



The Pride of Baltimore II, reproduction of a 19th-century Baltimore clipper schooner



cheers,
Fred
06-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #528
Senior Member
Oldhand's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mid North Coast NSW Australia
Posts: 176
QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodfred Quote
I took my K10D for a ride today. Tall ships were nearby, so I thought I'd try to capture a few shots from my boat. Given my general unsteadiness combined with the amount of bobbing my boat was doing, I didn't think any of the shots would be in focus. However, the camera surprised me today. For both shots below, I adjusted the white balance - it was an overcast day, and I removed some spots -I still have some dust on either the lens or the sensor. Finally, I cropped to eliminate unwanted small boats and reduced the size to meet PF requirements.


The Kalmar Nyckel, a reproduction of a 1638 Dutch sailing Pinnace.



The Pride of Baltimore II, reproduction of a 19th-century Baltimore clipper schooner



cheers,
Fred
Good one Fred.
Gotta love tall ships.
I have just picked up a spare K-10D body with just over 1000 shutter actuations on it. I am working my current K-10D pretty hard and want to have another for backup, but not only that - to replace it when it finally dies.
Love that CCD sensor
OH
06-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #529
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
rayallen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Forresters Beach, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,714
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldhand Quote
Good one Fred.
Gotta love tall ships.
I have just picked up a spare K-10D body with just over 1000 shutter actuations on it. I am working my current K-10D pretty hard and want to have another for backup, but not only that - to replace it when it finally dies.
Love that CCD sensor
OH
Just over 1000 shutter actuations? Wow, that's like brand new!! That's a smart buy, Tom. You must be well pleased with yourself.

Regards,
Ray.

06-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #530
Senior Member
Oldhand's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mid North Coast NSW Australia
Posts: 176
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Just over 1000 shutter actuations? Wow, that's like brand new!! That's a smart buy, Tom. You must be well pleased with yourself.

Regards,
Ray.
Pretty chuffed Ray - it came with a Pentax battery pack and spare battery for under $200 - I am a happy camper.
It's this one:
Thanks for the kind words
Tom
Attached Images
 
06-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #531
Pentaxian
tromboads's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbs
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,148
yep technology is cheap
06-23-2014, 01:17 AM   #532
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
hollywoodfred's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hollywood, Maryland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 347
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldhand Quote
Good one Fred.
Gotta love tall ships.
I have just picked up a spare K-10D body with just over 1000 shutter actuations on it. I am working my current K-10D pretty hard and want to have another for backup, but not only that - to replace it when it finally dies.
Love that CCD sensor
OH
Thanks, OldHand. These ships are certainly impressive, especially when away from the dock and underway. There were two other tall ships on the river, but I didn't even try to capture them. There were too, too many pleasure craft (mine included) along as unofficial escorts, and that made maneuvering less that ideal. I wanted to keep my distance.

Nice find on your new backup. Congratulations!
06-23-2014, 01:26 AM - 1 Like   #533
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
rayallen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Forresters Beach, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,714
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldhand Quote
Pretty chuffed Ray - it came with a Pentax battery pack and spare battery for under $200 - I am a happy camper.
It's this one:
Thanks for the kind words
Tom
Oh, that does look nice. Well, if anyone thinks they could get my K10D body and battery pack for under $200, they can think again. It is worth much more than that to me. More than anyone would be prepared to pay!

06-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #534
Pentaxian
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 14,123
Love the tall ships & congrats Hollywood on your new acquisition!

After the storm -
K10D + Sigma 17-70 DC Macro
06-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #535
Senior Member
Oldhand's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mid North Coast NSW Australia
Posts: 176
K-10D and Mamiya Sekor 2.8/60mm

Beautiful crepe myrtle Paul.
The storm knocked it around.
Co-incidentally here is a picture of our little crepe myrtle in winter.
The EXIF data for this image shows it as taken by a 65mm lens - this is because there is no 60mm choice in the K-10D selection defaults and 65mm was the closest
OH
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #536
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
rayallen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Forresters Beach, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,714
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
After the storm -
K10D + Sigma 17-70 DC Macro
Another nice image with that Sigma 17-70. I hope to get one this week, Paul.
06-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #537
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,124
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Another nice image with that Sigma 17-70. I hope to get one this week, Paul.
It's a wonderful, all purpose, lens. You'll enjoy it when you get it.
06-27-2014, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #538
Senior Member
Oldhand's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mid North Coast NSW Australia
Posts: 176
K-10D and Revuenon 55mm f1.2

Finally snagged one of these beauties and love its rendering wide open.
Hope I haven't posted this image earlier as I took it a little while ago.
OH
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #539
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
rayallen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Forresters Beach, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,714
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldhand Quote
Finally snagged one of these beauties and love its rendering wide open.
Hope I haven't posted this image earlier as I took it a little while ago.
OH
First time I have seen it, Tom. Gee, the bokeh on that one is unusual...but not unpleasant. Good purchase.
06-27-2014, 01:17 AM   #540
Senior Member
Oldhand's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mid North Coast NSW Australia
Posts: 176
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
First time I have seen it, Tom. Gee, the bokeh on that one is unusual...but not unpleasant. Good purchase.
Thanks Ray.
Here is the lens.
OH
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7000  Photo 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
allen, bird, camera, cameras, clicks, comparison, da, dslr, ff, flickr, images, k10d, k5, k5iis, leica, lens, nikon, pentax, photography, pictures, post, price, prix, ray, skin tones, time, version
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I started a K-5 Praise thread, now the Complaint thread imtheguy Pentax K-5 46 11-01-2010 09:20 AM
Suggestion Add Previous/Next Thread links at the top of each thread indytax Site Suggestions and Help 3 03-17-2009 05:40 PM
Iceemn360's K10d Photo Thread Timtast1c Post Your Photos! 50 01-10-2009 02:43 PM
Mandatory thread from new K10D owner :) Edvinas Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 12-08-2006 07:34 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top