Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2020, 10:13 AM - 5 Likes   #5641
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fluegel Quote
I should have known, a Pentax body simply can not fail

Thanks Swift1, dantonvb and Ray for correcting me.
The K10d is absolutely fine. Changed the setting in the menu and digital test is just fine.

Which brings me to state the K10d is by far the most underrated camera at the moment.
You can pick one up well under 100$.
Glad this forum put me on the trail of a clean K10d.
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
It isn't underrated here! But we'll just keep that a secret.

I hadn't really used my K10D since I bought my K-01 in 2012. For one reason or another, I have spent most of the past few weeks going through my old digital photos and playing around with the RAW files in Adobe Camera Raw. I have looked at RAW files from nearly 10 different cameras, and keep coming back to the files from the K10D. Sure the K-01 and its 16mp sensor is phenomenal, especially if you need higher ISO, but the CCD sensor in K10D is IMO something special.
Because I spent all that time looking through my K10D images, I decided to dig it out, I finally managed to get into the debug mode and adjust the AF, and I have been trying to get out and shoot with it more. It's a superb camera, and I think very underrated.

This one from yesterday,

Pentax K10D
SMC Pentax-F 28/2.8

03-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #5642
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This one from yesterday,
We appreciate you rediscovering your K10D, Colton!

Ominous skies over the mobilepark - DA18-135 on K10D:
03-29-2020, 01:44 AM - 8 Likes   #5643
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's been a bit of an internal ethical struggle trying to work out how getting out for a walk in my particular location can be reconciled with both the letter and the spirit of the UK lockdown rules. Dartmoor National Park has understandably asked people to stay away, and of course I respect that request and I won't be going up onto the high moor for the duration. But I live only a ten minute walk away from the national park boundary, so with the help of some wise advice from @BigMackCam I've eventually concluded that I can go out walking while still safely maintaining social distancing. So I might still be posting a Dartmoor photo here now and then, and there might even be ponies involved, but I intend to give a clear statement of the circumstances of each shot, to show that it was taken while obeying the lockdown rules that I follow very seriously.

Here's one of Pixie's Cross, which is actually in the middle of Tavistock Golf Course and outside the national park:

03-29-2020, 10:28 AM - 6 Likes   #5644
Veteran Member

From September 2011

Pentax K10D
SMC Pentax-DA 14/2.8

03-29-2020, 10:31 AM - 3 Likes   #5645
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Here's one of Pixie's Cross, which is actually in the middle of Tavistock Golf Course and outside the national park:
Nice work, Dave. But I think a well placed golf ball in the foreground would have really made the shot!

Ventura Harbor, Calif. DA18-135 on K10D:
03-29-2020, 11:18 AM - 3 Likes   #5646

Amigo 31.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
03-29-2020, 11:59 AM - 1 Like   #5647
Pentaxian

From September 2011
Epic. Composition, light, everything: just epic.

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice work, Dave. But I think a well placed golf ball in the foreground would have really made the shot!
Ah, but the art of golfistry is a mystery to me. I'm walking around the deserted golf course now because I haven't got much choice, but I can't make any sense of it. The greens are usually only about thirty feet away from each tee, so I don't see how it can possibly be as hard a game as all those blokes in pastel leisurewear make it out to be.

You're right about the golf ball, Paul. If I find one lying around on the fairy way or whatever they call it, I'll redo the shot. (And yes, I do know why the greens are right next to the tees.)

Last edited by Dartmoor Dave; 03-29-2020 at 12:05 PM.
03-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #5648
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, but the art of golfistry is a mystery to me. I'm walking around the deserted golf course now because I haven't got much choice, but I can't make any sense of it. The greens are usually only about thirty feet away from each tee, so I don't see how it can possibly be as hard a game as all those blokes in pastel leisurewear make it out to be.You're right about the golf ball, Paul. If I find one lying around on the fairy way or whatever they call it, I'll redo the shot. (And yes, I do know why the greens are right next to the tees.)
Dave, your wordcraft is always a joy to read!
03-29-2020, 01:03 PM   #5649
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

It's been a bit of an internal ethical struggle trying to work out how getting out for a walk in my particular location can be reconciled with both the letter and the spirit of the UK lockdown rules. Dartmoor National Park has understandably asked people to stay away, and of course I respect that request and I won't be going up onto the high moor for the duration. But I live only a ten minute walk away from the national park boundary, so with the help of some wise advice from @BigMackCam I've eventually concluded that I can go out walking while still safely maintaining social distancing. So I might still be posting a Dartmoor photo here now and then, and there might even be ponies involved, but I intend to give a clear statement of the circumstances of each shot, to show that it was taken while obeying the lockdown rules that I follow very seriously.

Delighted to see that you're getting out for a stroll, David. Nothing wrong with taking a few photos along the way, so long as we comply with social distancing requirements. Good man!

Lovely shot, too
03-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #5650
Veteran Member

Epic. Composition, light, everything: just epic.
Thank you Dave.
03-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #5651
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From September 2011

Pentax K10D
SMC Pentax-DA 14/2.8
That is a lovely eye-catching image, Colton. Very easy to look at.

---------- Post added 30-03-20 at 07:58 AM ----------

(And yes, I do know why the greens are right next to the tees.)
Please tell me. I'd love to hear your explanation.
03-29-2020, 02:56 PM   #5652
Veteran Member

That is a lovely eye-catching image, Colton. Very easy to look at.
Thank you Ray.
03-29-2020, 09:30 PM - 8 Likes   #5653
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sunrise this morning from my back door. K10D and DA 18-55mm WR.
I am glad that I took it while I could because 10 minutes later it was raining.

03-30-2020, 01:22 AM - 1 Like   #5654
Pentaxian

Sunrise this morning from my back door. K10D and DA 18-55mm WR.I am glad that I took it while I could because 10 minutes later it was raining.

Now THAT'S a sunrise!

Please tell me. I'd love to hear your explanation.

The greens are right next to the tees to provide emotional succour; to soothe the wretched golfist's anguished soul as he contemplates the existential horror of triple-bogusing the hole. He sees that the next tee is right there standing ready beside the green, offering the hope and solace that he'll wield his golfing bats more skilfully at the next trial. Giving him the courage to stand tall again, to give his balls a wipe dry and club that birdie right down the next fairy way towards victory.

Since they've left some of the holes open while the club itself is officially closed, I'm thinking I might grab a couple of second hand cudgels off ebay and give it a try. Do you think a mashie and a niblick will be enough, or will I need a spoon as well?
03-30-2020, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #5655
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The greens are right next to the tees to provide emotional succour; to soothe the wretched golfist's anguished soul as he contemplates the existential horror of triple-bogusing the hole. He sees that the next tee is right there standing ready beside the green, offering the hope and solace that he'll wield his golfing bats more skilfully at the next trial. Giving him the courage to stand tall again, to give his balls a wipe dry and club that birdie right down the next fairy way towards victory.

Since they've left some of the holes open while the club itself is officially closed, I'm thinking I might grab a couple of second hand cudgels off ebay and give it a try. Do you think a mashie and a niblick will be enough, or will I need a spoon as well?
Dave,

I would suggest that, if you are truly interested in triple-bogusing the hole, you might want to add a fork to your suggested mix of cudgels. If you'd rather triple bogey the hole, on the other hand, your selection of cudgels should certainly be adequate!