Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2020, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #6466
Veteran Member

Heavy HDR, I apologise in advance if it isn't your thing.

11-18-2020, 11:52 AM - 3 Likes   #6467
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nearly deserted Mugu Beach in October. DA18-135 on K10D:
11-18-2020, 04:30 PM - 7 Likes   #6468
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rqy99g Quote
Heavy HDR
Pretty interesting effect! - thanks for posting. Another flower from the same rose bush, different day, different lens - Pentax K10d & SMC D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro;

11-18-2020, 05:02 PM   #6469
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rjbrett Quote
Pretty interesting effect! - thanks for posting. Another flower from the same rose bush, different day, different lens - Pentax K10d & SMC D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro;

Beautiful colors RJ!

11-18-2020, 05:23 PM   #6470
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soft lighting makes a big difference. Just lovely, Richard.
11-18-2020, 06:09 PM - 4 Likes   #6471
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Beautiful colors
This was one of half a dozen roses Mum & I ordered over 15 years ago, and while several of the others became regular stars and favourites, this one was planted in a corner under a Melaleuca that overgrew it, and never did that well. Two years ago I cut the tree back, and then got one near perfect flower off it, which I cut and placed on my desk. The scent was amazing, and perfumed the house for weeks. When I moved l potted it up and bought it with me, and have put it out the back where it gets a good dose of sun through the summer. And hasn't it thanked me! - there were about half a dozen clusters of these through spring. I'm hoping I see more through the summer.

Can't remember the name - reading the tv guide seems there's a bit of that around (another remake of Umberto Ecco's "Name of the Rose", I think)

---------- Post added 11-18-20 at 06:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Soft lighting makes a big difference
Doesn't it ever Ray! - that photo was taken with only a smidge of the last light showing. I wasn't even sure it hadn't all gone. This one was taken only a couple of minutes before, and I thought the result too contrasty for colour. I did come back to it after processing the first however, and tried processing it in Silver Effex using one of the split toning options. I hadn't done this before, and was so unsure I had to ask my sister what she thought, but she liked it, and I think it's growing (so to speak) on me;

Pentax K10d & SMC D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro
11-20-2020, 05:45 AM - 4 Likes   #6472
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I've had my K10D since about 2008. Unfortunately it died the other week. Seemed to indicate lack of battery power but has not recovered after charging or a new battery. Looked through the forum for clues but nothing yet. So bit the bullet and bought a new KP which is great but only had it for a few days so just getting used to it, and have joined the forum... Hi! .....

---------- Post added 11-20-20 at 06:44 AM ----------

This was taken of the Lawrie Lee memorial window in Slad church (near Stroud, UK)

K10d 18-55 SMC DA (mk1)

Last edited by stevejo; 11-20-2020 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Learning to to attach image
11-20-2020, 07:46 AM   #6473
Veteran Member

Very different, I like it:-)
11-20-2020, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #6474
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A blast from the past (2014) - DAL 50-200 on K10D:
11-20-2020, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #6475
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
lack of battery power
You did try cleaning the battery contacts in the camera? - I did the other night, following advice from others on this forum, and lost the no battery charge message. I'm also hoping it will help with the intermittent and at times serious underexposure I've been getting. Maybe it's just my imagination but I could have sworn the back screen suddenly looked brighter and crisper.

Nice photo of that stained glass window! - I looked Laurie Lee up and he was who I thought he was, but never read any of his books.... ..... I do know they are well recommended.
11-20-2020, 05:40 PM - 6 Likes   #6476
Forum Member

This is the same building, shot on consecutive days. The lighting in the first photo looks fake, but I promise that spotlight on the building actually happened! Hence my decision to return the next day to capture some more magic, but alas, it didn't repeat.

The first image is with the recent nifty fifty 50/1.8, the second with the 18-135, both on a K10D

Last edited by Eye.n.Eye; 06-27-2021 at 07:44 PM.
11-20-2020, 05:47 PM   #6477
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Eye.n.Eye Quote
both on a K10D obviously!
wonderful light!
11-20-2020, 08:33 PM   #6478
Veteran Member

This is the same building, shot on consecutive days. The lighting in the first photo looks fake, but I promise that spotlight on the building actually happened! Hence my decision to return the next day to capture some more magic, but alas, it didn't repeat.

The first image is with a nifty fifty 50/1.8, the second with the 18-135, both on a K10D obviously!

Like both those shots, the armadillo roof ( or Amarillo , If in Texas , Paul ? ) is cool , all by itself .
11-21-2020, 02:13 AM   #6479
Veteran Member

The first image is with a nifty fifty 50/1.8, the second with the 18-135, both on a K10D obviously!

I like both shots but particularly the spotlight shot.

I'm pretty sure you would have to wait a long time to get the same shot again!

---------- Post added 11-21-2020 at 02:28 AM ----------

Can someone help me?

I'm wanting to take photos of sunrise/sunset without a GND filter. My thinking is I need the tripod, aperture priority, expose and take photo for the brighter area, expose and take photo for the darker area then blend the image in PaintShop Pro.

Can link the metering to SEL (select) Focus Position with a manual lens?

Or is there a much more obvious way of doing this? I.E. Bracketing?

I hope I'm clear enough!

I was trying to post this as a separate message but it keeps reinserting in this one!

Last edited by SimonC; 11-21-2020 at 02:34 AM.
11-21-2020, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #6480
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You did try cleaning the battery contacts in the camera? - I did the other night, following advice from others on this forum, and lost the no battery charge message. I'm also hoping it will help with the intermittent and at times serious underexposure I've been getting. Maybe it's just my imagination but I could have sworn the back screen suddenly looked brighter and crisper.

Nice photo of that stained glass window! - I looked Laurie Lee up and he was who I thought he was, but never read any of his books.... ..... I do know they are well recommended.
Yes have given the battery contacts a good scrub. Even had the top cover off and cleaned round the power switch to no avail. I will try connecting a mains adapter when I get one (apparently the same as the KP one) and see if that does anything.

The window looks down on Lawrie Lees' grave. You would think as a writer he wouldn't have much about him, but have a read of "As I walked out one midsummer morning". It's amazing what he got up to (Spanish civil war). On Kindle you can get Cider with Rosie, As I walked out.... and Red Sky at Sunrise as a triple book.

Just need now to work out why my links to Flickr don't work. Have to upload small copies to my album instead.

---------- Post added 11-21-20 at 10:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rqy99g Quote
Can someone help me?

I'm wanting to take photos of sunrise/sunset without a GND filter. My thinking is I need the tripod, aperture priority, expose and take photo for the brighter area, expose and take photo for the darker area then blend the image in PaintShop Pro.

Can link the metering to SEL (select) Focus Position with a manual lens?

Or is there a much more obvious way of doing this? I.E. Bracketing?

I hope I'm clear enough!

I was trying to post this as a separate message but it keeps reinserting in this one!
I would think the easiest would be to point the camera to the sky and note down the meter settings, point at the horizon and note the exposure for that, then compose and take your two exposures with the settings noted. It may just be easier to take a few throughout your range of available shutter speeds and pick the two to blend .

---------- Post added 11-21-20 at 10:56 AM ----------

Both are very lovely scenes