Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2014, 04:57 AM   #691
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Here's one from today with the K10D and Sigma 17-70. Processed this one from the embedded JPG, not the RAW. Sometimes I just can't improve on the JPEGs that the K10D produces
I love the effect of the sky reflected on the water in the foreground. The K10D sensor seems to capture water especially well, whether it's the ocean or a river or a raindrop on a leaf. There's always a very real feeling of light and liquid interacting naturally. Your shot shows this perfectly: it captures the feeling that you're looking down through the water at the sky reflected slightly below the surface, which is how it actually looks in real life.

09-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #692
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I love the effect of the sky reflected on the water in the foreground. The K10D sensor seems to capture water especially well, whether it's the ocean or a river or a raindrop on a leaf. There's always a very real feeling of light and liquid interacting naturally. Your shot shows this perfectly: it captures the feeling that you're looking down through the water at the sky reflected slightly below the surface, which is how it actually looks in real life.
Thank you for your insightful comments, Dave. I hope my K10D keeps on keeping on.
09-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #693
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Thank you for your insightful comments, Dave. I hope my K10D keeps on keeping on.
I know it's a completely different day and age with completely different technology, but I was talking with bsomeone using a "Honeywell Spotmatic" the other day which is what i had in the late 1960's.
Brian T
09-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #694
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
I know it's a completely different day and age with completely different technology, but I was talking with someone using a "Honeywell Spotmatic" the other day which is what i had in the late 1960's.
Brian T
I still have my Asahi SP1000 which I bought new in 1975 and it still works perfectly. It will be 40 years old next year and there are still plenty of old Spotmatics which are still going strong. If the K10D lasts that long that will be great. Problem is that I probably won't last another 30 years.

09-01-2014, 07:07 PM - 2 Likes   #695
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro. Xposted.

09-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #696
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Nice selective focus. And sharp - just as I would expect from a macro lens.
09-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #697
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Ray!

09-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #698
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I know it's a completely different day and age with completely different technology, but I was talking with someone using a "Honeywell Spotmatic" the other day which is what i had in the late 1960's.
Brian T
If only we could count on the same longevity today.

I'm still providin' room an' board for my H1a, two Spotties and a K1000. They're gettin' a little stiff in the joints but they still work.

OTOH, I liked the K200D well enough I eventually acquired four of 'em when the price fell thinkin' I'd have to replace 'em like modern appliances. So far, the three I've kept are goin' strong, work fine with Eneloops and I'd note there hasn't been an "Oops" firmware needed. The last of the WR CCD bodies is rock solid so far. May be the K1000 of the digital age.
09-02-2014, 12:07 PM - 2 Likes   #699
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
That's a beauty of a shot.

I know it's a completely different day and age with completely different technology, but I was talking with bsomeone using a "Honeywell Spotmatic" the other day which is what i had in the late 1960's. Brian T
I still use the K1000 that I got for Christmas in 1980 when I was 16. It's aged a lot better than I have.

I was driving along minding my own business today when I saw this and just had to stop. Taken with the Takumar 35mm/3.5

(Xposted in the Takumar Club)
09-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #700
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a beauty of a shot.

I still use the K1000 that I got for Christmas in 1980 when I was 16. It's aged a lot better than I have.

I was driving along minding my own business today when I saw this and just had to stop. Taken with the Takumar 35mm/3.5

Another awesome image from the Tak 35/3.5. Well seen & captured.
09-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #701
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Dave and that's a fine shot with the Tak.
09-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #702
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot. England is burning?

The Takumar 35mm f3.5 is a classic. The optical formula in that lens remained unchanged for decades. There was no need to change it. I was told that the DA 35mm f2.4 plastic fantastic is closely related. Fortunately, I have one of each.

Last edited by rayallen; 09-04-2014 at 03:59 PM.
09-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #703
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am just discovering the delights of Flickriver (an app that displays Flickr images). If you would like to see some great images produced by the K10D go to here: Flickriver: Most interesting photos tagged with pentax k10d
09-03-2014, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #704
Inactive Account

K10D, my first and only camera! I think it took me a few years to appreciate it, maybe because as my other friends became interested in photography they bought newer and more technologically "fresh" Canons and Nikons and they'd never even heard of mine. Also because I didn't fully understand how to use it (still don't but know a lot more) and insisted on using it beyond its limits and so naturally I was disappointed with the results. Now, I love it. I think looking at the photos in this thread have contributed to that! In particular I think it really works great in natural lighting. Maybe I'll buy a K-3 or whatever they come out with after awhile but I think it's more likely that I'll save my money for lenses.

Now, the pictures.

first two images taken this morning, the last was taken on Tuesday morning. Hope I'll have a chance to go somewhere other than my house/backyard soon~
09-05-2014, 04:48 AM   #705
Pentaxian

Fabulous shot!