Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #811
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
csa's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montana mountains
Posts: 8,585
Russ & Dave, thank you! The colors from this lens and of course the K10D are quite a pleasant surprise for me! With my bridge camera, I always had to do some adjusting pp; with this combo, cropping is all that is needed!

BTW, I love the last one of the fence, good eye catching this one!

11-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #812
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,333
Those walkaround lenses are pretty good.
11-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #813
Pentaxian
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,883
A shot from a beautiful Fall evening last week, using the DAL 50-200:
11-25-2014, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #814
Loyal Site Supporter
Scorpio71GR's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Michigan
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,707
The K10D was the camera that drug me kicking and screaming out of the film era. i loved my old Super Program and used it for 20 years, but times change. The K10D was also my first auto focus camera. i have enjoyed using it and learned a lot from it. These are some of the very first pictures i took with my K10D with a 30 year old Takumar manual focus lens.



11-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #815
Loyal Site Supporter
rayallen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Forresters Beach, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,690
QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
The K10D was the camera that drug me kicking and screaming out of the film era. i loved my old Super Program and used it for 20 years, but times change. The K10D was also my first auto focus camera. i have enjoyed using it and learned a lot from it. These are some of the very first pictures i took with my K10D with a 30 year old Takumar manual focus lens.
The K10D and old screw mount Takumars make a great combination. I moved from Spotmatics to a K10D. It was my first auto everything camera and my first K-mount.
11-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #816
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,333
With the DA* 50-135 f/2.8, 70mm, 1/60 @ f/8, ISO 1600, SOOC except for saving as a jpeg.
11-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #817
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
csa's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montana mountains
Posts: 8,585
Here's one today, our first heavy snow of the season (still snowing!). Taken with the 18-55WR.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
11-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #818
Site Supporter
beachgardener's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,054
Would it be crazy to purchase a used K10D these days instead of going for the K-3?
I'm not talking money, but rather the ccd sensor as opposed to cmos sensor in relation to B/W conversion images. I will get a K-3 or the mythical FF later on anyway, that is not what I'm asking.
Are there those among us that prefer/like B/W images from the older sensor?
I know that the sensor is not much chop over ISO 400.
I would include here colour and the possible film like images that many suggest the ccd sensor produces with any given or older lenses. The reason I ask is that I have been thinking of collecting some 'K','A' and Vivitar lenses for this purpose along with the K10D, is this a silly idea or am I on to something?
Examples much appreciated.
Thank you.


Last edited by beachgardener; 11-27-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: add words
11-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #819
Senior Member
Oldhand's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mid North Coast NSW Australia
Posts: 176
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Would it be crazy to purchase a used K10D these days instead of going for the K-3?
I'm not talking money, but rather the ccd sensor as opposed to cmos sensor in relation to B/W conversion images. I will get a K-3 or the mythical FF later on anyway, that is not what I'm asking.
Are there those among us that prefer/like B/W images from the older sensor?
I know that the sensor is not much chop over ISO 400.
I would include here colour and the possible film like images that many suggest the ccd sensor produces with any given or older lenses. The reason I ask is that I have been thinking of collecting some 'K','A' and Vivitar lenses for this purpose along with the K10D, is this a silly idea or am I on to something?
Examples much appreciated.
Thank you.
A K-10D should be a very cheap purchase these days, the difficulty may be in finding one with a low shutter count.
The sensor is wonderful below ISO400 as you are aware and no, it is not a silly idea to acquire one.
I have posted many images in this thread taken by K-10D and some Takumars, Soligors and Vivitars - along with other MF lenses.
Go for it
OH
11-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #820
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,333
If you can find a K10D in good condition I would think it a good buy. Even if you have a later model like a K-3 you can still enjoy the image rendering of the K10D's sensor. I do.
11-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #821
Loyal Site Supporter
rayallen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Forresters Beach, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,690
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
If you can find a K10D in good condition I would think it a good buy. Even if you have a later model like a K-3 you can still enjoy the image rendering of the K10D's sensor. I do.
And so do I. The difference being that I have owned both since new.
11-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #822
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,124
The K10D is a wonderful tool. I recently moved up to a K5II and gave (Permanently loaned) my K10D to a nephew who expressed a real interest in photography. The only caveat to the present is that he can't sell it. We took a major family vacation together and his pictures turned out quite nice.
11-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #823
Pentaxian
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,883
With the DAL 50-200 again...taken early evening about 10 days ago (xposted):


12-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #824
Site Supporter
Dartmoor Dave's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dartmoor, UK
Photos: Albums
Posts: 975
S-M-C Takumar 28mm/3.5





The composition doesn't really work, because every time I tried to move to a better angle the pony moved too. Like the old saying goes: never work with children or animals.

Last edited by Dartmoor Dave; 12-05-2014 at 08:28 AM.
12-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #825
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 165
The compo is not so bad, nice golden colours.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
allen, bird, camera, cameras, clicks, comparison, da, dslr, ff, flickr, images, k10d, k5, k5iis, leica, lens, nikon, pentax, photography, pictures, post, price, prix, ray, skin tones, time, version
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I started a K-5 Praise thread, now the Complaint thread imtheguy Pentax K-5 46 11-01-2010 09:20 AM
Suggestion Add Previous/Next Thread links at the top of each thread indytax Site Suggestions and Help 3 03-17-2009 05:40 PM
Iceemn360's K10d Photo Thread Timtast1c Post Your Photos! 50 01-10-2009 02:43 PM
Mandatory thread from new K10D owner :) Edvinas Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 12-08-2006 07:34 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top