Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12503 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2013, 09:57 PM - 1 Like   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Sweet! Now, if it produces pictures as good as it looks...
Here is what it has produced so far. These were converted from the embedded JPEGs from FastStone and resized in CS6. Apart from that no other PP. Definitely no sharpening.

Here is a 100% crop from the previous image. Not too shabby.

12-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Here is what it has produced so far. These were converted from the embedded JPEGs from FastStone and resized in CS6. Apart from that no other PP. Definitely no sharpening.
Superb!
12-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #108

Every bit as good as my Hanimex.
I wonder who the maker was.
Definitely hidden gems.
OH
12-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Superb!
Thanks, Paul. Oldhand made me do it.

12-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldhand Quote
Every bit as good as my Hanimex.
I wonder who the maker was.
Definitely hidden gems.
OH
Thanks, OH. We'll never know who made them. I was told that they put it out to tender so the maker could change frequently.

Yes, definitely hidden gems. That one is worth using again.
12-07-2013, 03:08 AM   #111
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, definitely hidden gems. That one is worth using again.
You can say that again!

I should have known it was a mistake to stumble into this section of the forum... Now I want some of those old 135s (which I don't need) as well as a K10D (which I don't need)

Um, what I meant to say was: Well done! Great tools won't help without someone knowing how to use them!
12-07-2013, 03:31 AM - 2 Likes   #112

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
You can say that again!

I should have known it was a mistake to stumble into this section of the forum... Now I want some of those old 135s (which I don't need) as well as a K10D (which I don't need)

Um, what I meant to say was: Well done! Great tools won't help without someone knowing how to use them!
Don't forget the common as dirt nifty fifties that match up to the K-10D so easily.
We have been awaiting rain here for soooo long. Well we were fortunate to get some.
After this rain the agapanthus are bursting forth from their pods.
I wanted to show them as soft and fragile in this early stage of their bloom, before they become the spikey flowers that we all are familiar with.
Here was an opportunity to resist the ultimate in sharpness, and go for some softness and glow.
An old nifty-fifty and some wide open aperture shooting were used.
This had a little help from lightroom, but the starting image is all M42 Revuenon (Chinon) 55mm f1.7 and K-10D

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
12-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #113
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't forget the common as dirt nifty fifties that match up to the K-10D so easily.
Now you're just being mean But nice work!

I already have some fifties, one of them from my old ME Super. Works wonderfully on the K-5 too, but I do like the look produced by the K10D a lot. Maybe I should just give in

At least we don't have to go for too long without rain in these parts!
12-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #114

Stunning pics Ray and OH! I've been staying away from the screw mount lenses but may need to rethink that
12-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UserK10D Quote
Stunning pics Ray and OH! I've been staying away from the screw mount lenses but may need to rethink that
Thanks, UserK10D. Screw mounts do take a little more effort but when you see the results it is usually worth it. Give one a try...and see if you can stop at one! I was fortunate in that I had all my screw mounts before I got my K10D.
12-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here was an opportunity to resist the ultimate in sharpness, and go for some softness and glow.
An old nifty-fifty and some wide open aperture shooting were used.
This had a little help from lightroom, but the starting image is all M42 Revuenon (Chinon) 55mm f1.7 and K-10D
That one has a nice dreamy feel to it, OH. Easy on the eye.
12-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #117
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K01D Panorama

K10Ds can do panoramas too.

Nine images stitched with Microsoft ICE. Pentax DA 35mm f2.4 AL, Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod, Fotomate panoramic head, Manfrotto 338 levelling base.
Click on image for larger size.

12-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #118

K10Ds can do panoramas too.

Nine images stitched with Microsoft ICE. Pentax DA 35mm f2.4 AL, Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod, Fotomate panoramic head, Manfrotto 338 levelling base.
Click on image for larger size.

That is a very fine result Ray.
One of the reasons that any camera shines, is simply that its owner/operator knows its strengths and weaknesses and always plays to its strengths.
The K-10D in the hands of someone who uses it often, and thinks about the image he/she wants will be like any well used and well understood tool and produce accordingly.
As someone said elsewhere ........ it isn't the instrument but the music that matters.
OH
12-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is a very fine result Ray.
One of the reasons that any camera shines, is simply that its owner/operator knows its strengths and weaknesses and always plays to its strengths.
The K-10D in the hands of someone who uses it often, and thinks about the image he/she wants will be like any well used and well understood tool and produce accordingly.
As someone said elsewhere ........ it isn't the instrument but the music that matters.
OH
Thank you so much for your kind words, OH. You sure know how to make someone feel good.
Thirty plus years of learning the craft using Spotmatics was a good lead in for when I stepped up to digital. I think your story is very similar.
12-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #120

Thank you so much for your kind words, OH. You sure know how to make someone feel good.
Thirty plus years of learning the craft using Spotmatics was a good lead in for when I stepped up to digital. I think your story is very similar.
Yes - similar - but I am very late to Pentax.
My first SLR back in 1971, was a toss up between a Spotmatic and a Canon FTb. I chose the FTb and still have it. Sadly the lens mount turned out to be a dead end and I rue the day I did not choose the Pentax.
My K-10D is my first Pentax and matches nicely with M42 lenses that I have acquired, found, been given etc etc
There is a whole new world of image rendering out there with old glass,and I am loving the journey.
Here is another K-10D product - again with the Revuenon (Chinon) 55mm f1.7
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo