Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2015, 09:53 AM   #1201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joe_M Quote
The K10D was my first DSLR. I have so many fond memories of this camera.

Here are just a few pictures. My two Grandchildren, the Memphis Belle, Anchor Chain on the USS Battleship North Carolina, and a Pano at a local lake.

Thanks for taking a look.
Beautiful photos - I esp like the first one Do you no longer own your K10D?

05-17-2015, 02:11 AM - 1 Like   #1202
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Joe_M Quote
The K10D was my first DSLR. I have so many fond memories of this camera.

Wonderful work with the K10D -- I particularly like the last two.

Here's one from yesterday of a spring lamb that didn't make it through the spring. Shot with the Zenitar 16mm at extreme close up -- the skull is actually no bigger than a tennis ball.

05-17-2015, 07:29 AM - 3 Likes   #1203

The K10D is my first and so far only DSLR; just waiting and putting money aside for the upcoming FF....
What I really do love about the combination of the K10D and lenses from the F-series is the great color rendition. Here are some of my all time favourites:

F 70-210

F 135

F 100

F 50

F 28

Last edited by thequo; 05-18-2015 at 08:50 AM.
05-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #1204
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thequo Quote
The K10D is my first and so far only DSLR; just waiting and putting money aside for the upcoming FF....
What I really do love about the combination of the K10D and lenses from the F-series is the great color rendition. Here are some of my all time favourites:
There really is no need to post images as large as these. Please consider resizing in future so that the image fits on the screen....because I don't scroll sideways to look at your (or anyone else's) images. Thanks.

Last edited by rayallen; 05-17-2015 at 06:45 PM.
05-17-2015, 05:39 PM   #1205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Wonderful work with the K10D -- I particularly like the last two.

Here's one from yesterday of a spring lamb that didn't make it through the spring. Shot with the Zenitar 16mm at extreme close up -- the skull is actually no bigger than a tennis ball.

I'm enjoying the juxtaposition of a dead animal with what appears to be a lovely day you were having over there :P
05-18-2015, 05:47 AM   #1206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
I'm enjoying the juxtaposition of a dead animal with what appears to be a lovely day you were having over there :P

Thanks. I originally saw it in b&w, but then when I got home I decided that colour made it seem even sadder that the poor little lamby-wamby was missing one of our rare Dartmoor sunny days. But now I'm leaning back towards b&w again because of my deep-rooted sense of morbid gloominess.

All of which means that basically I didn't take the time to pre-visualise the photo properly when I took it.

05-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #1207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn't take the time to pre-visualise the photo properly when I took it.
Regardless, it's a nice shot. The front element of your Zenitar had to be practically touching that skull!

This is just a walkaround shot taken at high noon, while walking the dogs near our "returning" lake. This area of the lake has been completely dry the past few years due to drought conditions, but has returned with the heavy Spring rains we've had. Sigma 17-70 at 17mm:

05-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #1208

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
There really is no need to post images as large as these. Please consider resizing in future so that the image fits on the screen....because I don't scroll sideways to look at your (or anyone else's) images. Thanks.
Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused, you're absolutely right. I just had the impression the forum's software would scale them down to approbiate sizes automatically and present clickable links to the higher resolutions ....

Just fiddled a bit with Flickr's sharing options, hope it looks better now.

Cheers Axel

Last edited by thequo; 05-18-2015 at 09:35 AM.
05-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #1209
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
so that the image fits on the screen....
Fits fine on my 27" iMac, no scrolling required... or maybe I'm seeing the reworked down sized images now.
05-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #1210
Veteran Member

DA35 Macro bike ride

Didn't use my K10D much the last few years (mainly my K-x), but toke it with me on a bike ride a few weeks ago with the DA35 Macro mounted.

Fishing...
by tomtor, on Flickr

Bike Bridge
by tomtor, on Flickr

The Factory
by tomtor, on Flickr

Last edited by tomtor; 05-18-2015 at 12:23 PM. Reason: layout
05-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #1211
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots Tom.
05-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #1212
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused, you're absolutely right. I just had the impression the forum's software would scale them down to appropriate sizes automatically and present clickable links to the higher resolutions ....

Just fiddled a bit with Flickr's sharing options, hope it looks better now.

Cheers Axel
Ah, yes, that is much better now. At the larger size I could not appreciate how good those images are. And they are very good. Thanks for sharing. In fact, they would look good even just a little bit larger.

---------- Post added 05-19-2015 at 08:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Fits fine on my 27" iMac, no scrolling required... or maybe I'm seeing the reworked down sized images now.
I think you are seeing the resized images. I have a 23" Dell screen and I would have had to scroll a long way to see the all of images. I doubt that they would have fitted on a 27".

---------- Post added 05-19-2015 at 08:13 AM ----------

That 16mm is an excellent lens. Than you for the extra info re the size of the skull. I would never have guessed that it was so small. A great shot. I like both the colour and mono versions.
05-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #1213
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Regardless, it's a nice shot. The front element of your Zenitar had to be practically touching that skull!

This is just a walkaround shot taken at high noon, while walking the dogs near our "returning" lake. This area of the lake has been completely dry the past few years due to drought conditions, but has returned with the heavy Spring rains we've had. Sigma 17-70 at 17mm:

You have reminded me I must take my little one out for a walk before it rains again
05-18-2015, 09:25 PM   #1214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Nice shots Tom.
Thanks Steve!

What I did notice is some raw artifacts (eg moire like colours on the water) which I don't see on the k-x. Probably caused by the sharp da35macro combined with the weak aa filter on the k10d.

I guess this will not be an issue on the k3-ii because it has more pixels.
05-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #1215
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Beautiful photos - I esp like the first one Do you no longer own your K10D?
I sold it when I bought the K-5 iis. I wish now I had kept it. Thank you for the nice comments.

---------- Post added 05-19-15 at 09:17 AM ----------

I think I messed up the quote.

Really nice pictures.