Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
07-03-2015, 01:24 AM   #1336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote

EDIT: Here are some snaps from a walk this evening with my 1947 vintage Kodak Anastigmat 50mm/3.5.

Here's a 68 year old uncoated lens shooting into the light:

There's a quiet calm bliss in shooting with this 1930s designed 4 element tessar that makes it strangely addictive.
There is nothing wrong with that old Tessar, Dave. Those images have a special feel about them. A very nice rendering that makes modern lenses look a bit clinical.

07-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #1337
Pentaxian

My Boy on his School 'Prom' with some of his girls from his school ONE of which was his 'date' -- can you GUESS WHICH ONE ?

K10D + 'kit' lens, + Mecablitz 45CL3 fill-in flash

PS : The Americans have a lot to answer for -- this 'PROM' is a US Import and costs a lot of ££££ for Parents !!
07-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #1338
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxpete Quote
My Boy on his School 'Prom' with some of his girls from his school ONE of which was his 'date' -- can you GUESS WHICH ONE ?
No idea, but the grin on his face speaks volumes . Yes, those proms have become a huge expen$$e in recent years (didn't used to be that way).
07-05-2015, 03:38 PM   #1339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxpete Quote
Another great example of how well the kit lens can perform. Great exposure and very sharp.

No, I could not guess which one is his date but I don't think he could go far wrong with any one of that fine looking group.

07-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #1340
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
lol Tell him he wants the one in Lilac on the left :P

He looks very pleased with himself
07-06-2015, 12:45 AM   #1341
Pentaxian

OK -- I'll give the answer -- it is the one one the END on the LEFT with the FLOWER on her wrist as his present.
07-08-2015, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #1342

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
I would like to know if everyone is aware of a K10D feature that is not very well documented IMHO.

Do you know how to easily change the ISO while shooting? There is an easier way than going to the Fn menu. Just press the OK button and the current ISO is displayed in the top LCD and then turn the rear e-dial while still holding the OK button.

On page 19 of the manual it says in point 18 that the OK button displays the current ISO and point 23 says that the rear e-dial sets sensitivity values but it does not directly link the two together.
This is a great feature that I think is poorly documented. I can find no other reference to it in the manual. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I assume that this feature is also available on other Pentax models but the K10D is the only one I have owned and the only one I know intimately.

Does anyone else use this feature?
I know this is an old post, But thanks. this is great!

07-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #1343
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dti88 Quote
I know this is an old post, But thanks. this is great!
My pleasure. You are most welcome.
07-09-2015, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #1344
Pentaxian

A sunny summer afternoon's walk near Vixen Tor, untroubled by intimations of mortality.
Unless you count the skull, obviously. Because a guy can't go for a nice walk on Dartmoor without some bloke with a ragged robe and a scythe turning up somewhere along the way and crying, "Doom! Doom!"
The local tourist board should put some signs up: "Welcome to Dartmoor. Et in Arcadia ego."

Zenitar 16mm, natch.
07-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #1345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Zenitar 16mm, natch.
Nice one Dave. I love the way the Zen renders skies and clouds - one of the first things I noticed when I acquired mine.

Taken in April with a Sigma 17-70, wide-open. At the moment, the lake is flooded and all of this is underwater...
07-12-2015, 12:08 AM   #1346
Veteran Member

Well I ended up in NZ over the weekend, parts of Christchurch (in the south) is still broken. I was there last about a year ago.

Half Life 2
Broken bridge
Temporary?
Ghetto

12m later it's still pretty shitty in the CBD. It's frustrating that it's still in pieces. I suppose I've been spoiled in AU not having witness any major disaster / conflict / anything. The local Taxi drivers hit it on the head though when they noted, it only took LA and Japan 24m to get shit sorted, but their market is 1000x larger the Christchurch :P So Christchurch is just a large regional town, then it makes sense.

Compared to Auckland however..
CBD looking north west

It's still stupidly beautiful in parts (Christchurch) Stand on a hill and it's all apparent.

Pretty place for a port
Volcano ridge

If you turned around one would see Christchurch in the valley below, and snow covered mountains peaking above the clouds. Being able to stand in one spot, smell the ocean and have the chill of the mountains hit you in the face is awesome. Oh, that road around the ridge continues up the top and right down back to the ocean. Jesus that would be beautiful in any vehicle.

Having said that. Go to NZ! :P

Oh, and sorry K10.. I'm ready for a cleaner high ISO camera now. The only K10 shots above are of the bridge, the melting penguins, and the skyline at night time. The rest was with the Q. only because I had the Q with me, hence the power of the Q. :P

Last edited by tromboads; 07-12-2015 at 12:35 AM.
07-12-2015, 07:41 AM   #1347
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K10D + Kit 18-55
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
07-13-2015, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #1348

Went to a local autocross event yesterday.
If you don't what that is, to be blunt, it's dudes racing cars in a parking lot, around cones, really fast

07-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #1349
YQG
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RussV Quote
The 18-55mm is also the cheapest AF wide angle in the Pentax range!
And this is why I regret moving mine along.

Joining the K10D club in two days. Can't wait.
07-13-2015, 03:30 PM   #1350
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Group Quote
Went to a local autocross event yesterday.
If you don't what that is, to be blunt, it's dudes racing cars in a parking lot, around cones, really fast
Hmmm Autocross! More fun then one dares poke a stick at. Love the shot of the early Golf.