Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2014, 05:17 AM   #466
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
Wow! Thats a practically NEW K10D! Congratulations on the find.
Yeah !! And iot looks like one too ! It had nevefr been updated to the firmware was 1.0 on it - and I felt so sorry for the guy who sold it because the camera had so severe front focus that from all the shots he left on 1GB card included there was not a single one in sharp focus. -- seriously bad case ! I think this terrible thing with front / back focusing of these cameras in some cases has had particularly bad influence on the brand perception - sadly Pentax hasn't learnt that lesson until K3 came ( or at least this is what K3 fellows are saying ) as we all know how people were struggling with back / front focusing on most of the digital bodies.

FUNNY thing is that my son's istD* DL 2 is having perfect focusing with the kit lens! - I wasn't so lucky with my original body that had slight backfocus which I managed to correct only last year !!

On the other hand my Z1p from 1990 ! is perfectly focusing with anything I put on it - even fairly modern lenses like 28-75mm f2.8 are perfectly accurate .. so something didn't click at Pentax for many years after those superb AF film bodies like Z1p or MZ-S.

I am happy to got such a great bargain on this second body ( don't even ask for the price :P ) -- but on the other hand It makes one fully aware of all the shortcomings that these cameras had out of the box.
--manntax

05-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #467

QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Well done everyone - the K10D is so outstanding that I got myself a second body recently - with only 800 clicks on it
Nice find! I got mine w/ 12,XXX clicks and thought that was pretty "low mileage." Congrats on your purchase.
05-04-2014, 10:57 AM - 4 Likes   #468

К10D + K135/2.5

05-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #469
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bondezire Quote
К10D + K135/2.5
Stunning ! Simple no more words needed but let me tell you this - the colors the skin tones are just fantastic ! How much better you could go !!
What a fantastic testimony to what K10D can do ! Well done !
--manntax

---------- Post added 05-04-14 at 07:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by freerider Quote
Nice find! I got mine w/ 12,XXX clicks and thought that was pretty "low mileage." Congrats on your purchase.
Thanks ! yeah I agree I was super lucky with this buy! Hell, even at 12k clicks it would be a steal at £60 with two new batteries, charger, cables, box and all bits and pieces XD
--manntax

05-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #470
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
К10D + K135/2.5
Fantastic shot.
05-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #471

К10D + K135/2.5
The 135 F2.5 is one of my favorite K series lenses. Wonderful shot!

Last edited by freerider; 05-04-2014 at 03:36 PM.
05-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #472

manntax, paulh, thanks.
QuoteOriginally posted by freerider Quote
The 135 F2.5 is one of my favorite K series lenses. Wonder shot!
Thanks. Yes, K135/2.5 - is great. Lately, I have this lens tends to work on my secondary camera ILCE-7r. This body is worse than the K10D, but the optics in such a tandem gorgeous. ))

05-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #473
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

К10D + K135/2.5
That is a first class shot. Everything about it is perfect IMHO.
05-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #474

Wow, lots of great photos everyone - keep the good stuff coming!
05-11-2014, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #475

K10D and Fujinon T 3.5/135

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
05-12-2014, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #476
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldhand Quote
very nice!

K10D with the DA18-55 kit lens:
05-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #477
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It had nevefr been updated to the firmware was 1.0 on it - and I felt so sorry for the guy who sold it because the camera had so severe front focus that from all the shots he left on 1GB card included there was not a single one in sharp focus.
That may be the secret to the K10?

With in-camera focus adjustment there may have been an ill-advised slackening in QA for consumer camera marketing assuming the users would be astute enough to pick up the slack.

I have a K10 I picked up at a bargain price from a seller that was . . . umm, reluctant to express his dissatisfaction with IQ (read focus) . . . and sold a nice kit with less than 500 clicks.

A half hour with the software focus adjustment solution quickly solved THAT issue. Unfortunately, my appreciation for the CCD sensor had been previously satisfied with the 'bullet-proof' K200 which had other characteristics I liked better so the K10 hasn't risen to the potential it might have.

For folks considering acquiring the K10 CCD (which is a good thing to do!) -- the K200 should be included in the search -- don't see many offered for sale because those of us that have 'em haven't yet found a good excuse to sell 'em.

Either way, havin' a CCD sensor body in the bag's like havin' an old 3/4 ton pickup in the back yard -- as long as it runs there ain't nuthin' can beat it an' it'll never be worth less than you paid for it.
05-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #478
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
That may be the secret to the K10? With in-camera focus adjustment there may have been an ill-advised slackening in QA for consumer camera marketing assuming the users would be astute enough to pick up the slack. I have a K10 I picked up at a bargain price from a seller that was . . . umm, reluctant to express his dissatisfaction with IQ (read focus) . . . and sold a nice kit with less than 500 clicks. A half hour with the software focus adjustment solution quickly solved THAT issue. Unfortunately, my appreciation for the CCD sensor had been previously satisfied with the 'bullet-proof' K200 which had other characteristics I liked better so the K10 hasn't risen to the potential it might have. For folks considering acquiring the K10 CCD (which is a good thing to do!) -- the K200 should be included in the search -- don't see many offered for sale because those of us that have 'em haven't yet found a good excuse to sell 'em. Either way, havin' a CCD sensor body in the bag's like havin' an old 3/4 ton pickup in the back yard -- as long as it runs there ain't nuthin' can beat it an' it'll never be worth less than you paid for it.
It certainly was in my case - there were ( are? ) deals to be had on this and K20D as well - both cameras usually suffered from severe front-or-back focusing issues and in some cases have disappointed their original users who are often willing to get rid of them for peanuts !

Good point about K200 !! It is indeed a terrific camera with (reportedly ) the same sensor as K10D was - so for someone on the look for a CCD sensor camera this is definitely another good option!

>>-manntax-->
05-13-2014, 02:30 AM   #479
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Don't all yee with k10's just use 30yr old pentax M's. What's all this auto focus witchcraft?

But actually, if it means cheap bodies..

The inner Islamist in me thinks it's sad that I should profit of someone's misfortune.
05-13-2014, 04:40 AM   #480
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
Don't all yee with k10's just use 30yr old pentax M's. What's all this auto focus witchcraft? But actually, if it means cheap bodies.. The inner Islamist in me thinks it's sad that I should profit of someone's misfortune.
Of course manual focus is the most reliable one with older Pentax bodies - that's the sad truth . I am excited about the direction of AF in current bodies - but it is a manual focus that I trust the most for now. AF is only for situations where I cannot take my time and stopped down lens - wide open fast glass I can focus more reliably myself than trust the outdated electronics and hope for the good.

And about 'profiting' - well firstly I already said what's quoted below - besides - I paid my share of lost images having used the K10D without adjusted focusing for nearly 4+ years ! Since the AF was so bad I used manual Helios and some other lenses that I had from my film past. I do feel sorry for all the folks who got let down by Pentax but on the other hand I know that I could have done some research myself. Not to mention the guy I bought it from simple hated it already and no amount of persuasion would change his mind as he already jumped ship to Oly.

>>-manntax-->

and I felt so sorry for the guy who sold it because the camera had so severe front focus that from all the shots he left on 1GB card included there was not a single one in sharp focus.