Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #766

A few from my K10D. Unfortunately, it's starting to get the dreaded "memory card error" message.

With my Pentax-M 50mm 1.7

10-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #767
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"dreaded "memory card error" message"

May I ask what this is, and what is done about it?
10-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #768
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by quattro Quote
A few from my K10D. Unfortunately, it's starting to get the dreaded "memory card error" message.
But that's a memory card problem, not a problem with the camera.
10-15-2014, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #769
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With an S-M-C Takumar 28mm f/3.5.

10-16-2014, 12:32 AM   #770
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
With an S-M-C Takumar 28mm f/3.5.
An ideal shot to show off the K10's colour ability.
10-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #771

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zedisdead Quote
Hi K10D fans,
some really cool stuff here, thank you all for posting them. anyway Im not a K10D owner yet but maybe I will I would like to dive into photography for some time and now just having an opportunity to take my hands on a K10D with 5k expo and 18-55 DA for like 200 bucks. Overall good condition. Do you think is it worth it? Will be my first DSLR.
Thanks for your help!
It's a no-brainer You will be spoiled rotten with the k10d, and I'd hold onto it if you ever get another body as you will miss it if you sell...
10-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #772

I was taking some close-up pictures yesterday with the K-10D and a manual lens plus extension tube all M42.
Tripod and long exposure - c 8secs
For a while, every alternate shot was fine and every other shot the camera developed a humming vibration.
Selector was on MF. Of course the images were blurry
I am wondering what it was.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
OH

10-18-2014, 01:17 AM   #773
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Oldhand, did you turn off the shake reduction? I'd guess that making an 8sec exposure on a tripod with SR turned on might cause something like the effect you describe.
10-18-2014, 01:50 AM   #774
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What drive mode were you using, Tom?
10-18-2014, 01:50 AM   #775

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Oldhand, did you turn off the shake reduction? I'd guess that making an 8sec exposure on a tripod with SR turned on might cause something like the effect you describe.
Nooo, but this happened during the exposure ......... maybe you are right though
I'll try it again with the shake control turned off
Thank you
OH
10-18-2014, 01:55 AM   #776
Pentaxian

Buzz Lightyear taken for a 'Record Photo' of 'Toys' for my Club -- the judge commented that I should have done a much more 'Imaginative treatment' but members argued that the Rules for a 'Record Photo' state that it should be a straightforward ,sharp, well-lit photo showing all the details suitable for a catalogue photo , not with any ' Pictorial ' treatment -- well- it didn't get anywhere in the list of awards !!
K10D + 50mm f4 SMC Macro-Takumar at f16, lit by two flash heads from my old Bruan Hobby unit and a Pentax 'Xtraflash' with slave cell from behind

10-18-2014, 01:57 AM - 1 Like   #777

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxpete Quote
Buzz Lightyear taken for a 'Record Photo' of 'Toys' for my Club -- the judge commented that I should have done a much more 'Imaginative treatment' but members argued that the Rules for a 'Record Photo' state that it should be a straightforward ,sharp, well-lit photo showing all the details suitable for a catalogue photo , not with any ' Pictorial ' treatment -- well- it didn't get anywhere in the list of awards !!
K10D + 50mm f4 SMC Macro-Takumar at f16, lit by two flash heads from my old Bruan Hobby unit and a Pentax 'Xtraflash' with slave cell from behind

Soooo .. did you focus ...... to infinity and beyond .................
OH

---------- Post added 10-18-14 at 08:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
What drive mode were you using, Tom?
Manual Ray
OH
10-18-2014, 02:45 AM   #778
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldhand Quote
Manual Ray
OH
No, DRIVE mode, not EXPOSURE mode. I.E. Single shot, continuous, self timer, remote?

---------- Post added 10-18-2014 at 08:48 PM ----------

I think you met the criteria. Not sure what more you could have done to be "more imaginative". It is easy for judges to make comments like that.
10-18-2014, 03:05 AM   #779

Ahhhh.......
OK single shot
OH
10-18-2014, 03:08 AM   #780
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

I've never really understood this "record shot" distinction that people use so dismissively. Every photo I ever take is a record shot. For me, the point of photography is to get out there and see the world, see human beings in all their nutso splendour, and take photographs that record what I find. Sometimes the light happens to be boring or the subject itself turns out to be a bit dull, so the photo is only interesting as a way of stimulating my own memory. Sometimes the light is great and the subject is beautiful, and then I might feel that the photo is worth sharing with others. But they are both "record shots", and they are both taken with the same amount of care using whatever modest skills I possess.