Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2017, 06:08 PM   #2701
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Great shots everyone, and welcome to all the newcomers here! Good to see all these K10Ds getting some use.

Taken the other evening, while walking along a residential area - Tokina AF 28-70:
I like the luminescence through the leaves.

05-13-2017, 07:00 PM   #2702

Just checked 7356 shots on my k10d, don't know if that's a lot or not.

05-13-2017, 10:09 PM - 5 Likes   #2703
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clking61 Quote
Just checked 7356 shots on my k10d, don't know if that's a lot or not.
It's barely run in. That's not many at all. It has to be around 10 years old.

---------- Post added 14-05-17 at 03:15 PM ----------

Under threatening skies I went to a monthly hot rod car show today. The lighting was perfect. Here are a few examples:

More here on Flickr: Cafe Pennoz 14 May 2017 Pentax K10D | Flickr
05-14-2017, 01:01 AM   #2704
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Under threatening skies I went to a monthly hot rod car show today. The lighting was perfect.
Great shots, Ray, and some lovely rolling stock... the lead-sled and MkII Jag in particular

05-14-2017, 01:57 AM   #2705
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Great shots, Ray, and some lovely rolling stock... the lead-sled and MkII Jag in particular
Thank you, Mike. It was a very satisfying day. Too many good images - couldn't post all of them.
Yes, that Jag was very impressive.
05-14-2017, 02:50 AM - 1 Like   #2706
Veteran Member

05-14-2017, 02:53 AM   #2707

Yes I was thinking of about 9 or 10 yrs old 7300 shots.....

05-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #2708
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
I like the luminescence through the leaves.
Thanks - it was a lovely evening, and I'm pretty happy with that old/cheap Tokina

Great shots again, Ray - the K10D and car shows are a super combo. Love the sled!

@clkling61 - Not to worry, 8k shots is barely broken in. I have an *ist D from 2003 I picked up a couple years ago. It's a 14 yr old camera that had less than 100 clicks on it! My other *ist D, and first DSLR I purchased in 2010, is still going strong with about 60K shots. I use it exclusively with my m42/Takumars.
05-15-2017, 09:25 AM - 2 Likes   #2709
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old tractor-mount corn picker, detail:

Spiratone Mirror-Ultratel f/8 500mm + K10D
05-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #2710

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Green is pretty much the only colour I've got to work with where I live, so I'm glad I've got a camera that captures it well. Your shot shows how wonderfully good the K10D is at rendering different shades with subtlety and naturalness.

At ISO100, I think the 10MP CCD is still capable of holding its own against any CMOS sensor around.

Here's one from the weekend (also posted in the Takumar Club).

Very nice Shot there Dartmoor .Where did you catch that shot?
05-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #2711
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
King? I want to assert here and now that I am of purely mongrel peasant stock.

If it was a statement about a technical problem, the photo not displaying for someone, I don't know how to correct it, since it displays for me and I don't know what the problem would be preventing that for somebody else.

It it was a statement that the picture wasn't appreciated by somebody else, that is what I would expect. I have no quarrel with PFers having different tastes. If fact, there are a few things I could call out as problems with the picture myself. It was just another picture I took. A picture I had some trouble taking, with a lens that doesn't behave as nicely as some others, and in that context I thought it didn't turn out that bad. So I thought I would share it, as one more example of my photography experience. Besides, it was last night's moon here where I live, and maybe someone else might want to see it for that, if not as great art.

I'm always a bit surprised to get likes or, particularly, posted compliments. That some of my posts would not meet some PFer's expectations, consequently, is neither a surprise nor a problem for me. It doesn't take the reading and examination of hundreds of pages of forum discussion pages, as I have done, to realize that participants here are working at a wide range of levels and with as varied objectives as photographers. That is all fine with me. My participation amounts to nothing more than a few drops in a very big bucket. Drip, drip, drip....and, unexpectedly, now and then a slightly bigger splash.
For what it is worth, the first time the photo was posted I saw it. Then I came by later and it was gone. I have no clue why.

And now I stumble in and see it has been posted 3 times, each time the previous post deleted. When I use my m0d p0wers to view the deleted posts the photo does not display.

I dunno.

Maybe it is bashful.
05-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #2712
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Old tractor-mount corn picker, detail:

Spiratone Mirror-Ultratel f/8 500mm + K10D
And I see this one.

So who knows? I suspect it may have something to do with Firefox. If I have too many tabs open it gets weird. Videos don't run right, pages load funny. And I'm anal about system maintenance, so the cache is cleared, all the nuts and bolts are tight and the tank is full of gas.

Maybe the filter is clogged.

The world needs a better browser.
05-15-2017, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #2713
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And I see this one.

So who knows? I suspect it may have something to do with Firefox. If I have too many tabs open it gets weird. Videos don't run right, pages load funny. And I'm anal about system maintenance, so the cache is cleared, all the nuts and bolts are tight and the tank is full of gas.

Maybe the filter is clogged.

The world needs a better browser.
I have to clear the browser cache, too, when my browser gets flaky.
05-16-2017, 04:23 AM - 3 Likes   #2714
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSteele Quote
Very nice Shot there Dartmoor .Where did you catch that shot?

Thank you. That one was shot at Heckwood Tor, which is a small tor (rocky outcrop) quite near me on Dartmoor. Truth is, most of my Dartmoor photos are shot on short walks of under an hour that I try to fit in whenever I can, which is why the same landmarks tend to appear in the background.

Edit:
Nun's Cross Farm in rain and fog this afternoon with the 18-55mm WR.

Last edited by Dartmoor Dave; 05-16-2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added photo
05-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #2715
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Nun's Cross Farm in rain and fog this afternoon with the 18-55mm WR.

I like the soft feeling of shots taken in rain and mist. You needed the WR lens for that shot, Dave.