Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2017, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #3241
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
I still have my original version 1 18-55mm that came with the K10D.
Same here, except mine came with the K100D. I won't be selling it! Great shots Ray - always room for some classic car photos here.

Jeannie enjoying a sunset roll in the grass - F35-70:

10-27-2017, 05:03 PM - 6 Likes   #3242
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Those are wonderful, Ray!
Thank you very much, CR.

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Ray, what in-camera jpeg settings were you using for those shots, for example: vivid/natural, contrast, saturation, sharpness?
Jpeg settings are: Image Tone | Natural, Saturation, Contrast and Sharpness are all on 0. No adjustments.

I have just returned from Day 2 of Chromefest and it was much busier and more crowded today. Pretty much as expected and tomorrow will be even worse. Today I managed to prise the Sigma 17-70 off the K10D and decided the give some love to the SMC Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR. Here are a few samples and again unprocessed JPGs apart from resizing.

Click through to Flickr to see the full size images.
10-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #3243
Pentaxian

Thank you very much, CR.

Jpeg settings are: Image Tone | Natural, Saturation, Contrast and Sharpness are all on 0. No adjustments.

I have just returned from Day 2 of Chromefest and it was much busier and more crowded today. Pretty much as expected and tomorrow will be even worse. Today I managed to prise the Sigma 17-70 off the K10D and decided the give some love to the SMC Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR. Here are a few samples and again unprocessed JPGs apart from resizing.

I don't know if the light was just better today, but these look even better than the ones with the Sigma yesterday! See why it's so hard to move away from a Pentax lens? Those wonderful colors...
10-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #3244
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I don't know if the light was just better today, but these look even better than the ones with the Sigma yesterday! See why it's so hard to move away from a Pentax lens? Those wonderful colors...
There was a lot more sun today. Yesterday was slightly overcast.

Yes, the colours are better today. So, now you know why I would not consider selling either of my 18-55mm Pentax lenses. Most of my K10D images were taken with those lenses. I'm not about to part with them.
And to back up what Paul said earlier, I am also stuck on APS-C. With my K10D and a K-3 I have no need for anything else while they keep working.

10-27-2017, 10:22 PM   #3245

Thank you very much, CR.

Lovely colours Ray, vivid but natural, excellent examples of why we still love and shoot the good old K10D.
10-28-2017, 07:36 AM   #3246
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those are the settings I normally use with my K10D, but if you had been using something else, it might have tempted me into trying something new! Those are astounding pictures, Ray!
10-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #3247
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

have just returned from Day 2 of Chromefest
Good ones, Ray - love the orange Chevy pickup conversion

10-28-2017, 02:29 PM   #3248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan James Quote
Lovely colours Ray, vivid but natural, excellent examples of why we still love and shoot the good old K10D.
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Those are the settings I normally use with my K10D, but if you had been using something else, it might have tempted me into trying something new! Those are astounding pictures, Ray!
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Good ones, Ray - love the orange Chevy pickup conversion
Thank you all for your kind words. Once again, the K10D with a kit lens and default JPG settings did not disappoint.

Yes, Paul, that Chevvy ute (that's what we call them!) was very well presented.
10-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #3249
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots (as always) of some lovely rolling stock, Ray!! Lovely K10D colours... reds, oranges and yellows are always a treat, as these photos show

The Bel Air looks mean... that's a '56, right?
10-28-2017, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #3250
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Great shots (as always) of some lovely rolling stock, Ray!! Lovely K10D colours... reds, oranges and yellows are always a treat, as these photos show

The Bel Air looks mean... that's a '56, right?
Thanks for looking, Mike. Yeah, that CCD sensor in the K10D loves nice bright colours.

Yes, that Chevvy Bel Air is a '56 model. Plenty of chrome for Chromefest.
10-28-2017, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #3251
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Big doings at the mobile home park! K10D with DA18-55:
10-28-2017, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #3252
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Big doings at the mobile home park! K10D with DA18-55:
It's all happening there, Paul
10-28-2017, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #3253
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
It's all happening there, Paul
Never a dull moment fer shur
10-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #3254
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Color version of a previously posted b/w image. DA18-55 on K10D:
10-31-2017, 10:48 AM - 3 Likes   #3255
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While visiting family in Calif in early October, my brother & I visited the CAF (Commemorative Air Force) museum in Camarillo. I picked the wrong time to visit, since most of their planes were performing at a show back home in Dallas! Still, it was an interesting visit, as always. Here's a few shots of the C-46F Commando on display. K10D & DA18-55:
More info on the aircraft here: Curtiss C-46F Commando | CAF SoCal