Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
11-29-2017, 03:01 PM - 3 Likes   #3331
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Xposted to the primes thread. Tokina 24 2.8 (this one is actually made by Cosina - and I have the Cosina-made Vivitar as well, identical lens).

---------- Post added 11-29-17 at 05:41 PM ----------

And a little bit of the M 50 f4 Macro. I'm not sure about it for landsapes, a bit too flat I think. But good colors at least... of course these had a bit of PP.

11-30-2017, 08:35 PM - 5 Likes   #3332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent set of images, CR.

I stumbled onto this photo and realized it was taken exactly 5 yrs ago today! K10D with DAL 50-200:
12-01-2017, 12:45 AM - 5 Likes   #3333
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Excellent set of images, CR.

I stumbled onto this photo and realized it was taken exactly 5 yrs ago today! K10D with DAL 50-200:
The lighting on those horses really enhances that image. NIce composition.

---------- Post added 01-12-17 at 06:49 PM ----------

One of my favourite local locations - The Skillion at Terrigal. K10D and SMC Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR. Yes, I decided to give the kit lens a run and it did not disappoint. Some slight adjustments but NO sharpening.

12-01-2017, 01:24 AM - 2 Likes   #3334
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Well obviously I love that one!

12-03-2017, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #3335
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
The lighting on those horses really enhances that image. NIce composition.

---------- Post added 01-12-17 at 06:49 PM ----------

One of my favourite local locations - The Skillion at Terrigal. K10D and SMC Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR. Yes, I decided to give the kit lens a run and it did not disappoint. Some slight adjustments but NO sharpening.

Thanks Ray, and nice work with the kit lens. I can see why that's one of your favorite locations!

A couple from an evening walk in September. F35-70:

12-05-2017, 10:01 AM - 4 Likes   #3336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few more from the CAF Museum at the Camarillo CA airport. K10D with DA18-55:
PT-19A Cornell trainer. That's an RAF Spitfire in the background.

This P-38 engine was buried for years following a crash in 1944. Here's the story behind it: Ventura County Star, March 27, 2006

Museum display:
12-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #3337
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few more from the CAF Museum at the Camarillo CA airport. K10D with DA18-55:
PT-19A Cornell trainer. That's an RAF Spitfire in the background.

This P-38 engine was buried for years following a crash in 1944. Here's the story behind it: Ventura County Star, March 27, 2006

Museum display:
Lovely images, Paul. I love the colours in the first one and the guy in the last one is very life-like.

Last edited by rayallen; 12-06-2017 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Typo.
12-10-2017, 01:16 AM - 5 Likes   #3338
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Central Coast American Classics held their monthly outing today at Cafe Pennoz in Tuggerah. There was a great turnout of nicely presented vehicles. K10D + SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL[IF] DC WR.

Here are a few examples:

More images here: Cafe Pennoz 10 December 2017 Pentax K10D. | Flickr
12-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #3339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Central Coast American Classics held their monthly outing today at Cafe Pennoz in Tuggerah.
Good stuff, Ray - always enjoy your car show photos. Those big Chevy Impalas were very popular back in the day.
12-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #3340
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good stuff, Ray - always enjoy your car show photos. Those big Chevy Impalas were very popular back in the day.
Thank you, Paul. It's always nice to know that somebody enjoys them. Re the Impala: did you notice the "For Sale" sign on the windscreen? I could have bought it but it is not really my style. I am now a dedicated Subaru owner.
12-11-2017, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #3341
Veteran Member

Late/Early Bloomer

So I went to take the trash out earlier this afternoon and was shocked to see this beautiful yellow rose blooming beside my house. The light was hitting absolutely perfectly so I grabbed my K10D and shot a few frames. Autofocus was a little wonky; it didn't know what to focus on, so I focused manually. I'm not sure whether this a late blooming leftover from the summer or an early gift with the promise of spring. The amazing thing was it snowed here Friday and the temperatures have been barely above freezing until today.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
12-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #3342
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you, Paul. It's always nice to know that somebody enjoys them. Re the Impala: did you notice the "For Sale" sign on the windscreen? I could have bought it but it is not really my style. I am now a dedicated Subaru owner.
I enjoy them too All of your photos are a treat, Ray, but I especially love to see nice old rolling stock.

Although I'm in the UK, I've been a fan of American cars since I was a kid. I owned a 1976 Mercury Monarch in the late 80s, and in 2005 I bought a new 2004-shape Mustang that I kept for ten years. I always wanted a "1965½" Mustang soft-top but sadly never got around to owning one. I would love to have something like that Impala, but the fuel prices here in the UK put the running costs way beyond my comfort zone
12-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #3343
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I enjoy them too All of your photos are a treat, Ray, but I especially love to see nice old rolling stock.

Although I'm in the UK, I've been a fan of American cars since I was a kid. I owned a 1976 Mercury Monarch in the late 80s, and in 2005 I bought a new 2004-shape Mustang that I kept for ten years. I always wanted a "1965½" Mustang soft-top but sadly never got around to owning one. I would love to have something like that Impala, but the fuel prices here in the UK put the running costs way beyond my comfort zone
Thank you, Mike. I am glad that you enjoy them too. I have never been interested in owning an American car but I do like photographing them (well, almost all cars really). I will be keeping up with this group at their monthly meets.
Yes, feeding car like that Impala would keep you poor down here too.

My first real job after leaving school was working for BMC (British Motor Corporation) for 5 years and my first 4 cars were, of course, British - MG TC, Morris Minor 1000, Austin 1800 and a Mini S (which eventually had a Cooper S engine). The British car industry has changed a lot since those days.
12-12-2017, 01:23 AM - 2 Likes   #3344
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Central Coast American Classics held their monthly outing today at Cafe Pennoz in Tuggerah. There was a great turnout of nicely presented vehicles. K10D + SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL[IF] DC WR.

Great photos of some awesome cars, Ray. I love the almost wet paint look. Did you use a polariser, or is that just the CCD doing its thing?

Those big Chevy Impalas were very popular back in the day.

Yep, I learnt to drive in one back around 1980, although it was nowhere near the class of the one in Ray's photos. Ours was a beaten up old 72 model, and here she is on our driveway on Long Island: Big Bertha herself. (Apologies for the non-K10D photo. Hope I haven't already posted this one before.)
Attached Images

12-12-2017, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #3345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Great photos of some awesome cars, Ray. I love the almost wet paint look. Did you use a polariser, or is that just the CCD doing its thing?

Yep, I learnt to drive in one back around 1980, although it was nowhere near the class of the one in Ray's photos. Ours was a beaten up old 72 model, and here she is on our driveway on Long Island: Big Bertha herself. (Apologies for the non-K10D photo. Hope I haven't already posted this one before.)
Thank you for your kind words, Dave. No ploariser, just the CCD and a bit of PP in Lightroom Classic CC.

As for Big Bertha, if you learnt to drive on that then I reckon you could drive anything!