Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2018, 07:38 PM - 1 Like   #3556
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
tree after sundown...F35-70 at iso800:

03-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #3557

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Lakes Beach. This was the first time I have been there.
Wow. Absolutely love this one, Ray. That blue parabola in the sky is just pulling eye in with is deep, saturated color. Amazing.
03-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #3558
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woodenbits Quote
Wow. Absolutely love this one, Ray. That blue parabola in the sky is just pulling eye in with is deep, saturated color. Amazing.
Thank you so much for your kind words.
03-16-2018, 01:44 PM - 2 Likes   #3559
Pentaxian

A couple from my lunch walk today. There will be more of course Both taken with the SMC-M 50mm f/4 Macro, proving it's a wonderful landscape lens. The 2nd picture is an image composite of 9 pictures, to create a 46.5 Megapixel K10D file But even the first one is incredibly detailed... and it's just a 10MP image...

03-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #3560
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
A couple from my lunch walk today. There will be more of course Both taken with the SMC-M 50mm f/4 Macro, proving it's a wonderful landscape lens. The 2nd picture is an image composite of 9 pictures, to create a 46.5 Megapixel K10D file But even the first one is incredibly detailed... and it's just a 10MP image...

The detail in that second image is fantastic. I have done similar images with my K10D and I am always impressed with the amount of detail recorded. The owner of that house might be interested in buying a print (assuming it is not your house).
03-16-2018, 02:12 PM - 2 Likes   #3561
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
The detail in that second image is fantastic. I have done similar images with my K10D and I am always impressed with the amount of detail recorded. The owner of that house might be interested in buying a print (assuming it is not your house).
No, it's not my house! And yes, the amount of detail is stunning. I should be doing more panoramas!

Ok, as promised (or threatened? lol) more pics from my lunch walk with the K10D and M 50 f4. I had 4 other lenses with me on my bag, but as usual, if a lens is working, I tend to just keep using it... so there were no lens changes the entire lunch break.

By the way... on that well picture... is that a bit of a 3D effect that I'm seeing? In the wall pic too, but to a lesser extent. Neither picture really looks "flat". But I thought Macro lenses were supposed to look flat and could only be used for macros!

Last edited by ChristianRock; 03-16-2018 at 02:24 PM.
03-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #3562
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Both taken with the SMC-M 50mm f/4 Macro
Nice work, CR - great colors, too!

03-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #3563
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice work, CR - great colors, too!
+1 to what Paul said. A good way to spend your lunch break.
03-18-2018, 02:28 AM - 3 Likes   #3564

Here are a few night shots of the White Night Festival in Ballarat, Australia. Taken using the K10D hand held at 1/15th sec/ F 2.8 ISO 400 using a Tokina 28mm lens. Images have been processed using Luminar to sharpen and correct distortions. Really pleased with the results given the technique used.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
03-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #3565
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tonksj Quote
Here are a few night shots of the White Night Festival in Ballarat, Australia
Nice shooting! I had to look up this event to find out more - White Night Ballarat, Victoria - Tourism Australia

boathouses and buttonbush - Cosmicar A35-70/4
03-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #3566
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tonksj Quote
Here are a few night shots of the White Night Festival in Ballarat, Australia. Taken using the K10D hand held at 1/15th sec/ F 2.8 ISO 400 using a Tokina 28mm lens. Images have been processed using Luminar to sharpen and correct distortions. Really pleased with the results given the technique used.
Great shots, good subject matter and good PP. Very enjoyable viewing.
03-18-2018, 02:04 PM - 6 Likes   #3567
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ok, as promised (or threatened? lol) more pics from my lunch walk with the K10D and M 50 f4.

I absolutely love that last one of the bench under the trees. So many possible stories there.

It was quite snowy here today. My plan was to hike up just to the level where I'd normally drive to for a casual afternoon walk, but I turned back a few minutes after this shot because it became an almost total whiteout. (18-55mm WR)

03-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #3568
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I absolutely love that last one of the bench under the trees. So many possible stories there.

It was quite snowy here today. My plan was to hike up just to the level where I'd normally drive to for a casual afternoon walk, but I turned back a few minutes after this shot because it became an almost total whiteout. (18-55mm WR)

Stunningly gorgeous is all I can say!
03-18-2018, 05:31 PM   #3569
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That image has a very different feel and mood to it compared to what you normally provide. It looks like the ponies were too interested in having a bit of a feed to worry about you. I do feel for them out there all day and night under those conditions.
03-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #3570
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was quite snowy here today.
Frameable/wall-hangable !