Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2018, 07:07 AM - 4 Likes   #3676
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take that bloke off those plains, I want to see poneys

Just kidding. Thanks for sharing. It might be a while before I post a selfie here... besides being in the reflections of some window... like this one.

05-07-2018, 03:35 PM   #3677
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Thanks Ray. Somewhere along the way since I joined this forum it started to feel like "Dartmoor Dave" had taken on a life and personality of his own, which weren't always exactly the same as the boring middle aged bloke who was making the posts. In my mind, Dartmoor Dave is a grizzled old moorsman who eats roadkill for breakfast and knows the true name of that little tor near Barn Hill that nobody knows the name of. And I really enjoy imagining that I am that character, so I'll probably keep on pretending to be him, even though I've now revealed my true dullness.
Dave, you are far too self-deprecating. You are neither grizzled, old or dull. I find you to be very knowledgeable, interesting and a good image maker. Don't sell yourself short and just keep doing what you do and keep sharing it with us.
You might be interested to know that my three old (in years and friendship) photography mates and myself call ourselves OFBLC - Old Farts Business Luncheon Club. We are meeting tomorrrow for laughs and photography.
05-08-2018, 01:21 AM   #3678
Pentaxian

I took what I'm fairly sure was the first selfie of my life yesterday. I just plonked the camera on top of the bag on top of a rock at Langstone stone circle (which is actually the remains of a prehistoric burial kist rather than a true stone circle). That big bit of emptiness behind me is the Dartmoor wilderness, and the pose is down to me starting to wonder if that darn LCD was ever going to stop blinking and fire the shutter.

Blame Ray.
I'm pretty sure it's not a selfie if you aren't holding the camera, or holding a stick with the camera on the end of it.... Is there a technical definition anywhere? I'd say this is more along the lines of a self-portrait. In my mind they're different things, not sure what everyone else thinks.
05-08-2018, 04:24 AM - 2 Likes   #3679
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I'm pretty sure it's not a selfie if you aren't holding the camera, or holding a stick with the camera on the end of it.... Is there a technical definition anywhere?

I did take a couple of snaps with the camera held out at arm's length pointing back at me, but when I got home and saw the true horror on the computer I deleted them immediately. And if anyone here ever finds me using a selfie stick, you have my permission to beat me over the head with it.

05-08-2018, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #3680

I did take a couple of snaps with the camera held out at arm's length pointing back at me, but when I got home and saw the true horror on the computer I deleted them immediately. And if anyone here ever finds me using a selfie stick, you have my permission to beat me over the head with it.
and when they've finished beating you with it, where should it be placed...
05-08-2018, 07:33 AM - 4 Likes   #3681
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I took what I'm fairly sure was the first selfie of my life yesterday. I just plonked the camera on top of the bag on top of a rock at Langstone stone circle (which is actually the remains of a prehistoric burial kist rather than a true stone circle). That big bit of emptiness behind me is the Dartmoor wilderness, and the pose is down to me starting to wonder if that darn LCD was ever going to stop blinking and fire the shutter.

Blame Ray.
Dave, that doesn't look at all like Kings Park!

And for those missing the ponies, here's one of Dave's friends.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SAMSUNG GX10  Photo 
05-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #3682
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
And for those missing the ponies, here's one of Dave's friends.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a moment, I haven't stopped laughing yet. . .

!!!!!!!!!

05-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #3683
Pentaxian

I hadn't realized Dave was that short

(Now I'm waiting for Gollum to show up in that picure anytime...)
05-08-2018, 12:40 PM - 2 Likes   #3684
Pentaxian

It wants a pictureses of us, my precious. . .
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SAMSUNG GX10  Photo 
05-08-2018, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #3685
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It wants a pictureses of us, my precious. . .
For some reason my warped mind conjured up an image of Gandalf, wielding a Spotmatic - but that one will do.

Some artwork seen at Founders' Plaza, an observation area at DFW Airport. F80-200:

Last edited by paulh; 05-09-2018 at 10:19 AM.
05-09-2018, 05:30 AM - 4 Likes   #3686
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I visited Amsterdam last week, so took the K10 (and standard kit zoom) with me. I also went to nearby Keukenhof, a large park where 7 million tulips are planted every year. Here's a few pics, more to follow.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo   
05-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #3687
Pentaxian

I knew Gollum would not disappoint

Russ, that picture of the buildings turned out very good. Thanks for sharing!
05-09-2018, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #3688
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Since it was here that I discovered the K 24 3.5 for sale, I thought it appropriate my first couple of shots with it were done with my K10D and posted back here. I'm one step closer to putting together an SMC K kit of lenses. Sadly, my K10D is looking for a new home. As much as I still love it, it just doesn't see the use that it should. These are jpg images sooc.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
05-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #3689
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
Since it was here that I discovered the K 24 3.5 for sale, I thought it appropriate my first couple of shots with it were done with my K10D and posted back here. I'm one step closer to putting together an SMC K kit of lenses. Sadly, my K10D is looking for a new home. As much as I still love it, it just doesn't see the use that it should. These are jpg images sooc.
That lens seems to be a great doggie picture lens I love the colors and the rendering. I hope it gets a lot of use, that's a fantastic lens.
05-09-2018, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #3690
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple of Keukenhof tulip shots and an Amsterdam canal.
Attached Images