06-21-2018, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #3826
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Look, but don't touch...F35-80

06-21-2018, 12:10 PM - 5 Likes   #3827
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd forgotten ever taking this one until the subject of lighthouses came up in another thread. So now I'm giving you the opportunity to forget about it too . At Berry Head with the Super Takumar 20mm.

06-21-2018, 04:05 PM - 5 Likes   #3828
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Azalea

A wonderful example of how spring looks here in Georgia.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-21-2018, 06:16 PM - 5 Likes   #3829
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
K10D and DA 35 Ltd.
Lots of detail there, Steve. Well recorded.

---------- Post added 22-06-18 at 11:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ttedders Quote
A wonderful example of how spring looks here in Georgia.
Very nice colours. Typical of the K10D. Very pleasant.

---------- Post added 22-06-18 at 11:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I'd forgotten ever taking this one until the subject of lighthouses came up in another thread. So now I'm giving you the opportunity to forget about it too . At Berry Head with the Super Takumar 20mm.

Oh, it's not that bad, Dave. But it is a stark comparison to the lighthouses that I am used to here. All of the ones I have seen are perched on the top of high structures. This is the lowest lighthouse I have ever seen so for that reason it was worth posting. Here is an example of one near me (Sorry about the K-3 image):

Last edited by rayallen; 06-21-2018 at 06:26 PM.
06-22-2018, 12:32 AM   #3830
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Oh, it's not that bad, Dave. But it is a stark comparison to the lighthouses that I am used to here. All of the ones I have seen are perched on the top of high structures. This is the lowest lighthouse I have ever seen so for that reason it was worth posting. Here is an example of one near me (Sorry about the K-3 image):

Nice one, Ray (would have been even nicer with K10D colours ). That's a much more lighthouse-y looking lighthouse. Most of the lighthouses here are clifftop towers as well, but ironically that stumpy little Berry Head thing is one of the highest lights in the country, as a result of being at the top of a very tall cliff.
06-22-2018, 01:26 AM   #3831
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice one, Ray (would have been even nicer with K10D colours ). That's a much more lighthouse-y looking lighthouse. Most of the lighthouses here are clifftop towers as well, but ironically that stumpy little Berry Head thing is one of the highest lights in the country, as a result of being at the top of a very tall cliff.
Thanks for the explanation, Dave. It all makes sense now. Your image cunningly hid that important feature i.e. the very tall cliff.
06-22-2018, 04:11 PM - 5 Likes   #3832
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You exposed my laziness in not searching out a K10D image. So, I decided that I should. Same lighthouse with "even nicer K10D colours":

06-22-2018, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #3833
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You exposed my laziness in not searching out a K10D image. So, I decided that I should. Same lighthouse with "even nicer K10D colours":

Hi Ray
The colours definately Pop
Light houses I guess try to be at a hight range then built accordingly to the topography

Dave
06-23-2018, 02:04 AM - 3 Likes   #3834
Pentaxian

Like a glass of cool, clear CCD spring water to wash away that sickly sweetened CMOS taste.

(Because of where I live, fresh Dartmoor spring water is what I've got coming out of my taps. Makes me want to retch when I have to visit the real world and drink the processed stuff.)
06-23-2018, 02:54 AM - 8 Likes   #3835
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't have my K-10D any more - I gave it to my son a couple of years ago - but this shot with it and the kit lens won me a helicopter ride plus GBP300 cash (about 5 years ago), which is more than I've got out of my more expensive digital kit - so I thought it deserved a slot here

06-23-2018, 09:47 AM - 4 Likes   #3836
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K10D and DA 35 Ltd.
06-23-2018, 10:13 AM - 5 Likes   #3837
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots guys This is one of my favorites, taken a few yrs ago with a Sigma 28-90. This boy was hoping to feed a few ducks...

earlier this month - F35-80:
bridge at Acorn Woods:

Last edited by paulh; 06-23-2018 at 01:45 PM.
06-24-2018, 09:54 AM - 1 Like   #3838
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like a glass of cool, clear CCD spring water to wash away that sickly sweetened CMOS taste.
I wonder if that phrase has ever been uttered in the history of the interwebz...

It's a jungle out there...F35-80
06-26-2018, 06:51 AM - 3 Likes   #3839

Just got me a K10D, in mint condition, with battery grip .. for a steal. (thanks Mike)

I cant describe what an incredibly awesome piece of kit this old CCD powered beast is. I got this to stamp out my cravings for a Leica M8, and something like 1/20th of the price .. and it takes my film lenses with no issue.

No idea what Im doing with it yet, so slapped on the 50mm 1.7 from my Super-A, and sort of figured out how the manual lens setup works. Sort of.

Bad light, indoors at night, ISO 400, guessing my way through before I read the manual.

Not a sharp image .. but still .. what lovely 3D pop, looks to me like a film shot. Nice.

06-26-2018, 07:41 AM   #3840
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steveoc64 Quote
Just got me a K10D, in mint condition, with battery grip .. for a steal. (thanks Mike)

I cant describe what an incredibly awesome piece of kit this old CCD powered beast is. I got this to stamp out my cravings for a Leica M8, and something like 1/20th of the price .. and it takes my film lenses with no issue.

No idea what Im doing with it yet, so slapped on the 50mm 1.7 from my Super-A, and sort of figured out how the manual lens setup works. Sort of.

Bad light, indoors at night, ISO 400, guessing my way through before I read the manual.

Not a sharp image .. but still .. what lovely 3D pop, looks to me like a film shot. Nice.
Another one is hooked

The CCD image is captured in analog, and then there is a digital read of it (a "scan" if you will), so it is actually closer to film than CMOS sensors, in a way. I think that the way it captures luminance is distinctively different, and I also think this makes the images less "flat" than what I get with my K-50 and K-S1 (both great cameras by the way, not knocking them).
I wish Pentax had made a CCD full frame camera, it would be the classic of classics now, I think.