Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #4471
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mobusaki Quote
Thank you everyone! Dave, I hope to take lots more! I have a bunch of undeveloped RAWs from when I first got the K10D. I was looking through them last night and found a bunch of my dog, Wiley, who has since passed away. Photography can be like time travel sometimes, where an old photo can take you right back to that memory like it just happened. I had forgotten this day but now I remember it clearly, thanks to these photos. I was never good at action shots (few ever end up in focus) and exposure was always a challenge with a black dog against snow. This one isn't perfect but it's one of the few that isn't completely out of focus. It makes me happy to see my boy playing in the snow, one of his favorite things. The pictures don't lie: he had so much fun that day!

Taken on January 21, 2012; rediscovered and developed on January 23, 2019.

That's a great shot of your dog. Sorry to hear you lost him, but yeah, I will occasionally go back to old also and re-live some of the days I captured.

01-26-2019, 11:10 AM - 4 Likes   #4472
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

4 from Ruthin Castle in Wales in 2013. K-10D and FA28-80mm.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
01-26-2019, 12:29 PM - 7 Likes   #4473
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, well. This is a thread I'd missed all these years. The K10D was my 2nd Pentax, and my 4th camera overall after an Olympus micro point and shoot, a Chinon K-mount film camera in 2004 (which pointed me towards Pentax), a K100D in 2005 and then the K10D in 2007. The workmanship of that camera was the beginning of my appreciation of the brand, and I haven't felt the urge to look elsewhere since.

Photos taken on this stellar camera include:
Tamron 28-75:

FA 50 f/1.4:

DA 16-45:

FA 100 f/2.8 macro:

DA 10-17:
01-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #4474
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Well, well. This is a thread I'd missed all these years. The K10D was my 2nd Pentax, and my 4th camera overall after an Olympus micro point and shoot, a Chinon K-mount film camera in 2004 (which pointed me towards Pentax), a K100D in 2005 and then the K10D in 2007. The workmanship of that camera was the beginning of my appreciation of the brand, and I haven't felt the urge to look elsewhere since.

Wonderful photographs, and I hope we'll get to see more from your K10D days. Remember that there's a 6MP club where you can post your K100D shots too.

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
4 from Ruthin Castle in Wales in 2013. K-10D and FA28-80mm.

How have I managed never to visit that place during my trips to Wales over the years? It looks amazing. Definitely one to put on the must-visit list.

01-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #4475
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote

How have I managed never to visit that place during my trips to Wales over the years? It looks amazing. Definitely one to put on the must-visit list.
As you can see, it's got some beautiful gardens for photographs, including at least two resident Peacocks, one of which you can see if you search carefully in the last image. However, you should know that it's been converted to a hotel, which is why we were there. So don't go expecting to frame your visit in history!
01-26-2019, 05:27 PM - 6 Likes   #4476
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From today's walk around the Longshaw Estate. K10D with SMC Takumar 35/3.5

01-27-2019, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #4477
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Walking the streets of Fillmore, Calif. last July. DA18-55 on K10D:

01-27-2019, 12:42 PM   #4478
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
4 from ruthin castle in wales in 2013. K-10d and fa28-80mm.
i love it
01-28-2019, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #4479
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

F35-80:
01-28-2019, 10:57 AM - 1 Like   #4480

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
From today's walk around the Longshaw Estate. K10D with SMC Takumar 35/3.5
Very nice! I love the stone wall/fence.

Here's one I took the other day for the "Flickr Friday" group (monochrome theme). The statues are about 100 feet apart, and the lion is small, but perspective changes all that.

01-30-2019, 06:59 AM - 6 Likes   #4481
Pentaxian

Here's one I took the other day for the "Flickr Friday" group (monochrome theme). The statues are about 100 feet apart, and the lion is small, but perspective changes all that.

That's beautifully done, and even better seen large on Flickr. It was only then that I realised it was shot in the rain.

We've had some snow here today (Takumar 17mm):

01-30-2019, 09:05 AM - 2 Likes   #4482

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
That's beautifully done, and even better seen large on Flickr. It was only then that I realised it was shot in the rain.

We've had some snow here today (Takumar 17mm):
Wonderful! I really love the wide shots with that lens. There is so much clarity in your photos. If it weren't in this group I would think it was a new model Pentax. Were the stones part of a structure at some time? I like that it's a landscape, action shot, and close up of the rocks all in one. I almost didn't see the person on the rocks until I realized the person standing was taking a photo of something and I wanted to see what it was. It's like a story.

Here are some I took the last few days. My fiance's vehicle is in the shop and I've been taking some shots on my way home from dropping her off the last few days.

This one I took today in a snow storm. The snow was almost a white out at times, and it looks like camera noise in the photo!

Not sure if this is worth sharing, but I really liked the contrast of the hydrant against the snow.

I saw this woodpecker the first day I took my fiance to work, but I didn't have my camera on me. I couldn't believe I found him again on my way home another day. I drove by, saw him, turned around, parked the Jeep and when I got out...nothing. Then I heard him! I followed the sound and this is the only (in-focus) shot I got before he flew off. I did get some of him in flight but only one wing was in focus. He did not like having his photograph taken!

A little fire-wood shack I always liked. Unlike most of them the wood here actually does look like it stays dry. Ha!

I've driven by this tree many times and every time I think to myself "what a beautiful tree, I would love to take a photo of it." Well now I rarely leave the house without my K10D and so the time finally came.
01-31-2019, 01:47 AM   #4483
Pentaxian

This one I took today in a snow storm. The snow was almost a white out at times, and it looks like camera noise in the photo!

Epic shot, I love it. That's exactly the sort of look that I like best in a photo.
02-01-2019, 09:58 AM - 4 Likes   #4484
Pentaxian

I had to be in Launceston for an appointment this morning, so I stopped by the castle to grab a snap. The castle is closed at this time of year, so this angle was the best I could manage without climbing over the fence -- which I couldn't do because there was a security camera pointing right at me. With the Takumar 17mm again. And for some reason, uploading to Flickr seems to have added a sort of faint crosshatching effect, at least on my monitor.

02-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #4485
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taken around New Years on some local trails. F35-80 on K10D: