Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2019, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #5041
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Leumas Quote
It's a fun camera that shines in tonality and color richness of CCD. The RAW's usually require little PP for excellent color.
Ah, yes, that is the fun of using the K10D. The RAW files a great to work with but you will often find that the JPGs don't need any PP.

I got my K10D in 2007. It was my first DSLR after many years of Spotmatic shooting. If the K10D ever dies I would definitely get another one. Life would not be quite the same without a K10D.

10-29-2019, 02:29 PM - 6 Likes   #5042
Pentaxian

Welcome to the K10D Club Snapppy!

A couple landscapes with the DA 35 2.4.

Last edited by ChristianRock; 10-29-2019 at 02:36 PM.
10-29-2019, 03:33 PM - 4 Likes   #5043
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
First click the right-pointing arrow (next to the download icon), then select BB code at the top of the dialog box, select your size, then copy and paste the link into the reply box here on PF. That's it [COLOR="Silver"]
Thanks Paul, it was me being stupid and clicking the down arrow not the right-pointing!

One from the Keukenhof Tulip Festival last year

10-30-2019, 09:18 AM   #5044
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Welcome to the K10D Club Snapppy!

A couple landscapes with the DA 35 2.4.
The curved trees over the water is quite dramatic!

10-30-2019, 11:43 AM - 2 Likes   #5045
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RussV Quote
The curved trees over the water is quite dramatic!
Thank you! It's even more so in the vertical/portrait orientation picture I took at the same time, I think:

10-30-2019, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #5046
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Paul, it was me being stupid and clicking the down arrow not the right-pointing!

One from the Keukenhof Tulip Festival last year

Nice image. The exposure on that is just right IMHO.

---------- Post added 31-10-19 at 08:21 AM ----------

Thank you! It's even more so in the vertical/portrait orientation picture I took at the same time, I think:
Yes, the composition on that one works too. I like both of them.
10-30-2019, 04:32 PM - 6 Likes   #5047
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
An oldie from 2011 with my K10d in Northern Ireland

10-30-2019, 05:11 PM - 5 Likes   #5048
Veteran Member

Them colors
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-30-2019, 08:02 PM - 3 Likes   #5049
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
By the time I got home and unpacked my packages it was too dark outside to shoot, and this guy wasn't doing too good at high ISOs indoors so I'll wait until tomorrow

I have the Helios I just acquired from another forum member on it for starters. I'm excited! It's interesting that the body is a wider design than the K-7, 5, 3 bodies I have used. Kind of interesting. And I find the door lock for the SD card slot a little excessive, does anyone like this feature? I do like the button layout, even though it's a bit different than the other Pentax camera's I've used. Those are my first impressions.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 
10-30-2019, 09:49 PM - 9 Likes   #5050
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One from the vault. Taken on Jan 5, 2010 (just 3 years after I got my K10D) on a dawn shoot. I remember that day like it was yesterday.
Rock reflections in a still pond on the rock shelf. Just the sort of colours you expect from a K10D.

10-30-2019, 11:48 PM   #5051
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
By the time I got home and unpacked my packages it was too dark outside to shoot, and this guy wasn't doing too good at high ISOs indoors so I'll wait until tomorrow

I have the Helios I just acquired from another forum member on it for starters. I'm excited! It's interesting that the body is a wider design than the K-7, 5, 3 bodies I have used. Kind of interesting. And I find the door lock for the SD card slot a little excessive, does anyone like this feature? I do like the button layout, even though it's a bit different than the other Pentax camera's I've used. Those are my first impressions.
Nice!! Yes it's not a high ISO beast, I pretty much only shoot 100 with it....though high ISO is actually pretty cool if you shoot B&W, it's kinda filmy
Yeah I don't know what they were thinking about the SD latch lol
10-31-2019, 01:41 AM - 2 Likes   #5052
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
And I find the door lock for the SD card slot a little excessive, does anyone like this feature?

I like the little twisty lock - gives me a feeling of confidence in the weather resistance, and I love the sort of springy click as the door pops open. But then I'm basically a nine-year-old trapped in a middle-aged body.

Enjoy your K10D.
10-31-2019, 03:48 AM - 1 Like   #5053
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never take the SD card out I use the USB cable.
10-31-2019, 04:55 AM   #5054
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Leumas Quote
Nice!! Yes it's not a high ISO beast, I pretty much only shoot 100 with it....though high ISO is actually pretty cool if you shoot B&W, it's kinda filmy
Yeah I don't know what they were thinking about the SD latch lol
I do like the graininess! I was noticing that myself. Maybe I'll purposely play with that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I like the little twisty lock - gives me a feeling of confidence in the weather resistance, and I love the sort of springy click as the door pops open. But then I'm basically a nine-year-old trapped in a middle-aged body.

Enjoy your K10D.
Okay, that is satisfying

I never take the SD card out I use the USB cable.
Now that is old school, I remember those days. I'm not sure why I switched - faster I think for larger files on newer cameras to go straight SD, maybe?
10-31-2019, 06:26 AM   #5055
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Kinda got a little fisheye effect on those trees. :>)