Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12503 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2019, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #5221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
You are more than welcome to come join the fun one of these days.
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Yes, you should, Ken. Because that is exactly what you will get - something different. K10D works well with the DA 15mm Limited, as well.
Thanks to both of you, yes I might just do that. I'm away for a week, get on to it after that.

12-06-2019, 06:46 PM - 8 Likes   #5222
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax K10D - Sigma 180mm f/3.5 APO EX @ f/5.6 ISO100 1/250th

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
But your caption says K5IIs - are you sure this is the K10D picture you intended to post?
I wish CMOS cameras had SOOC raw colours like that. Caption corrected, thanks for pointing that typographical blooper out.

Last edited by Digitalis; 12-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.
12-06-2019, 10:25 PM   #5223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These images are not showing the normal colours that you and I expect from a K10D. This is Soldiers Beach where I have taken many beautiful photos with bright blue skies but not today. The sky is not overcast but is full of bushfire smoke. Our state is burning. Last night (Friday Dec 6) there were 108 fires burning in NSW and 74 of those are "out of control" according to our Rural Fire Service. The smoke that you see is affecting the health of many people especially those with any sort of breathing difficulties. The smoke has also reached New Zealand and is affecting them as well.

Taken with Pentax K10D and Super-Takumar 50mm f1.4 7-element version.

12-06-2019, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #5224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our state is burning.
We feel your pain, Ray here in California. Good looking shots anyway! Stay safe and hoping rain finds its way to your area soon!

12-07-2019, 12:28 AM   #5225
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
We feel your pain, Ray here in California. Good looking shots anyway! Stay safe and hoping rain finds its way to your area soon!
Thank you, Paul. I know that you have recently experienced similar conditions in your state so you know what it feels like. Yes, we are desparate for rain but there is none on the horizon just yet.
12-07-2019, 01:33 AM - 1 Like   #5226
Pentaxian

Our state is burning.

I've been seeing some really quite shocking photos in the media here showing the effects of the fires. I hope you get the rain you need soon, and I hope (if it's not too political to say so) that the world will start paying attention to the wake-up call.
12-07-2019, 02:17 AM - 1 Like   #5227
Veteran Member

End of line

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
12-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #5228

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote

Pentax K10D - Sigma 180mm f/3.5 APO EX @ f/5.6 ISO100 1/250th

I wish CMOS cameras had SOOC raw colours like that. Caption corrected, thanks for pointing that typographical blooper out.
Very Nice Shot
12-07-2019, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #5229
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I've been seeing some really quite shocking photos in the media here showing the effects of the fires. I hope you get the rain you need soon, and I hope (if it's not too political to say so) that the world will start paying attention to the wake-up call.
Unfortunately, I don't see the politicians waking up to the danger on anything other than a purely local scale. Even then, they seem to be completely capable of denying the fundamental cause of the problem. NSW is burning... The Amazon is burning... California is burning... and the politicians sit there with their thumbs up their collective butts!

I hope you get some rain moving in very soon, Ray. Good luck!
12-07-2019, 01:25 PM - 1 Like   #5230
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
I hope you get some rain moving in very soon, Ray. Good luck!
Thanks, Mark. This morning most of the smoke haze has gone and there actually are some clouds in the sky but I doubt that we will get any rain. The situation here has not been helped by an extended drought which means that the bush is very dry and once a fire starts it grows very fast and becomes almost impossible to put out and to add to all that there has been very few controlled hazard reduction burnoffs during the winter months because the greenies won't allow it. End of rant.
12-07-2019, 02:55 PM - 2 Likes   #5231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crowds at the beach, Carpinteria, Calif. DA18-135 on K10D:
12-07-2019, 05:52 PM   #5232
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks, Mark. This morning most of the smoke haze has gone and there actually are some clouds in the sky but I doubt that we will get any rain. The situation here has not been helped by an extended drought which means that the bush is very dry and once a fire starts it grows very fast and becomes almost impossible to put out and to add to all that there has been very few controlled hazard reduction burnoffs during the winter months because the greenies won't allow it. End of rant.
Nice shots earlier Ray
We refuse to learn from the earlier inhabitants of this vast land.
And no I am not one.

Dave
12-07-2019, 06:22 PM   #5233
Pentaxian

Thoughts are with you Ray,keep safe.
12-08-2019, 12:02 AM - 1 Like   #5234
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Nice shots earlier Ray
We refuse to learn from the earlier inhabitants of this vast land.
And no I am not one.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. Yes, there are those who know but nobody seems to listen to them. It makes no sense.

---------- Post added 08-12-19 at 06:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Thoughts are with you Ray,keep safe.
Thanks, Tim. We are safe but I really feel for those who have lost their homes. The count exceeds 600.

---------- Post added 08-12-19 at 06:30 PM ----------

Cups grow on trees. Just playing on the kitchen bench and it turned out better than I expected.
Pentax K10D, Super-Takumar 135mm f3.5 Model II. (Cross posted Takumar club)

12-08-2019, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #5235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Letting sleeping seals lie . Ventura Harbor, Calif. DA18-135: