Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA18-55 on K10D:

06-18-2020, 10:55 PM   #5927
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
DA18-55 on K10D:
Great wooden bench. Until this thread I never realized how many different ways there are to build a bench.

Oops, thought I was in the bench thread because of your subject matter, but my comment still stands!

Last edited by ivanvernon; 06-18-2020 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Added comment.
06-19-2020, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #5928
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Great wooden bench. Until this thread I never realized how many different ways there are to build a bench.

Oops, thought I was in the bench thread because of your subject matter, but my comment still stands!
Simple and sturdy. And yes, this photo *is* in the bench thread as well
06-19-2020, 11:24 AM - 5 Likes   #5929
Pentaxian

Yes benches are usually an interesting subject. Not sure if I've ever posted these here (taken with K10D of course):

SMC-A 70-210 f4 Macro

SMC-M 50 1.7

Tokina 24 2.8. Kind of hard to see the bench in this one

06-19-2020, 01:15 PM - 6 Likes   #5930
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another bench!

Here's a bench I took recently.

06-19-2020, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #5931
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Yes benches are usually an interesting subject. Not sure if I've ever posted these here (taken with K10D of course):

SMC-A 70-210 f4 Macro

SMC-M 50 1.7

Tokina 24 2.8. Kind of hard to see the bench in this one
I particularly like that last image, CR. Lovely autumn tones.

QuoteOriginally posted by RussV Quote
Here's a bench I took recently.
That one is very nice, Russ. The greens (my favourite colour) are rendered beautifully.
06-19-2020, 10:19 PM - 7 Likes   #5932
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flowers on a clear winter's day. K10D and Tamron 70-300mm (images 1 & 2), DA 18-55mm WR (image 3).

06-21-2020, 12:06 PM - 2 Likes   #5933
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Flowers on a clear winter's day.
Awesome colors, Ray!

Jeannie & Tino on the path to the lake. Sigma 17-70 DC Macro on K10D:
06-21-2020, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #5934
Closed Account

Shake reduction focal length setting

I’ve had my kd-10 for a week now, and I’m loving it. I do have what probably is a dumb question: I am using manual k mount lenses, so I need to set the focal length in the shake reduction screen that comes on when the camera powers up. Am I setting it for the focal length on the lens, or the interpolated focal length with the 1.5 factor due to the APS-C sensor? Also, how do I set It for a zoom lens?

Thanks and sorry for the dumb question...

Kevin
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #5935
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kdgparnell Quote
I’ve had my kd-10 for a week now, and I’m loving it. I do have what probably is a dumb question: I am using manual k mount lenses, so I need to set the focal length in the shake reduction screen that comes on when the camera powers up. Am I setting it for the focal length on the lens, or the interpolated focal length with the 1.5 factor due to the APS-C sensor? Also, how do I set It for a zoom lens?

Thanks and sorry for the dumb question...

Kevin
I always set mine to the actual focal length of the lens and on zooms I use the longest end as a guide.
06-21-2020, 03:09 PM - 3 Likes   #5936
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crystal Palace

I spent sometime at the park in Crystal Palace today. The area is named after the huge 'Crystal Palace' that was built of sheet glass and steel for the Great Exhibition of 1851 in London's Hyde Park. It still remains the structure with the greatest ever amount of sheet glass. It contained 990,000 square feet of floor space. The whole thing was then dismantled and moved to South London where it remained until 1936 when a fire totally destroyed it. Crystal Palace is now famous for its football club (soccer that is) and also, in the London area, for it's giant TV\radio transmitter mast. All that remains of the glass building are a few statues, sweeping staircases and balustrades that hint at its lost grandeur. The site is so large I could barely capture 50% of it at 18mm.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-21-2020, 05:58 PM   #5937
Closed Account

I always set mine to the actual focal length of the lens and on zooms I use the longest end as a guide.
Makes sense, thanks!
06-21-2020, 08:00 PM   #5938
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I spent sometime at the park in Crystal Palace today. The area is named after the huge 'Crystal Palace' that was built of sheet glass and steel for the Great Exhibition of 1851 in London's Hyde Park. It still remains the structure with the greatest ever amount of sheet glass. It contained 990,000 square feet of floor space. The whole thing was then dismantled and moved to South London where it remained until 1936 when a fire totally destroyed it. Crystal Palace is now famous for its football club (soccer that is) and also, in the London area, for it's giant TV\radio transmitter mast. All that remains of the glass building are a few statues, sweeping staircases and balustrades that hint at its lost grandeur. The site is so large I could barely capture 50% of it at 18mm.
A wonderful set to give us an idea of what it must have been like, Russ. TFS.
06-22-2020, 01:19 AM   #5939
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kdgparnell Quote

Anyone who says that they didn't have that same question themselves once upon a time is fibbing.

As Russ has said, you just set the lens's actual focal length. Focal length doesn't change when you use the same lens on different camera formats -- the only thing that changes is how big an area of the lens's image circle is captured by the sensor. My own experience with zooms is that setting the focal length for the long end works best, but probably a bit of trial-and-error testing with your own lens is the way to go.

I spent sometime at the park in Crystal Palace today.

Those are fascinating, I didn't realise so much of it was still there on the ground. Looks well worth a visit.
06-22-2020, 02:51 AM   #5940
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Those are fascinating, I didn't realise so much of it was still there on the ground. Looks well worth a visit.
Thanks Ray and Dave.

There's also a lake with full sized Victorian era dinosaurs, a bit unrealistic but paleontology was a new science then, and the grandest Victorian suburban railway station I've ever seen with staircases about 30 foot wide to cope with hundreds of visitors. Completely unnecessary these days of course.

I didn't manage to get to them, another day maybe.

More info
The Crystal Palace - Wikipedia