Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12504 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2020, 10:44 AM   #5986
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agree with comments above ^^^. Dave, I hope you'll change your mind and at least hang around the friendly parts of the forum such as the K10D Club. That's what I do. I rarely participate in discussions and debates and stick to the photos sections. I'm hoping you'll reconsider!

As an additional note, my participation here will be limited in the coming days and weeks. Myself and immediate family members are experiencing medical issues that require my attention. I'll be around, lurking and posting occasionally though!

06-30-2020, 01:50 PM   #5987
Veteran Member

I am very sorry to see David go. What he described happened to me in the same manner. It prevented me from becoming a supporter of this forum that is an excellent source of information. If not for this forum I probably would not know about the qualities of the K10d camera.
That is also the explanation why I did not upload any images yet. The free upload capacity was used well before I joined the K10d club.

I sincerely hope support from the K10d fraternity will convince David to reconsider. Here you are among friends who enjoy one of the best cameras Pentax has ever made.
I am a strong supporter of the British understatement. That will suffer a serious blow with the departure of Dave Dartmoor.

I like the K10d section as it is. To me it is a tribute to a legendary camera that I would like to keep as it is.
No objections to a change of name as long as the K10d will have a prominent place in that section.
06-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #5988
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dartmoor Dave's Departure.

As Dave is a man of his word I doubt that he has been reading the previous messages. When he said he was going I am sure he did just that. He is a hard man to contact. On Pentaxforum he does not list an email contact nor does he accept PMs.

However, I have found a way to contact him. From his Flickr page where he is called David Holland (or Dartmoor David) I have sent him a FlickrMail asking (well, pleading with) him to reconsider and to return to the forum and just be a member of our friendly group.

Anyone who is a Flickr member should maybe also send him a FlickrMail telling him how sad we are that he has decided to depart and that we would love to see him back. The more messages he gets might make a difference. As I have said, it won't be quite the same without him.
06-30-2020, 07:23 PM   #5989
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Has the recent wanting to change the name of this fine thread to a ccd thread caused this losing of participants ?
We have the 6 mega club the K 10 club and if so desired have a seperate ccd club, everyone wins

Come back Dave we miss the ponies .... already

Dave

07-01-2020, 07:47 AM - 3 Likes   #5990
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few shots with my old K-10

Here are a few shots with my manual focus only K-10. I have a bargain K-10, bargain price, on the way, which will do AF.

NOTE ABOUT NAME CHANGE: I am the one who inquired about including other CCD cameras in this club. In the interest of full understanding, I am not at all particular about the club name, but would just like the opportunity to toss in a very occasional image from the 645D. I would not like anything to be done that would very much alter the club as it stands at present. I think it should remain, irrespective of name, primarily oriented to the K-10, and I think the wishes of the primary past contributors should be respected.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
07-01-2020, 07:57 AM - 4 Likes   #5991
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

More blossom images.

Here are a few more flower images with my AF- crippled K-10, and I should mention that the lens for this series is the Tokina AT-X 90mm f 2.5 macro, appropriately a MF lens. The K-10 handles this classic macro lens very well I think.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
07-01-2020, 08:08 AM - 5 Likes   #5992
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K10D
FA 28-105 f3.2-4.5 AL

07-01-2020, 02:38 PM - 2 Likes   #5993
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have now conversed with Dave. He has understandable and valid reasons for leaving pentaxforums. He has made his decision and, sadly, he won't be coming back. Nothing will change his mind.
We will all miss his valuable and erudite contributions..........and the ponies. Thank you, Dave, for the enjoyment you provided. Keep shooting and enjoying life.
07-01-2020, 02:52 PM   #5994
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote

I have now conversed with Dave. He has understandable and valid reasons for leaving pentaxforums. He has made his decision and, sadly, he won't be coming back. Nothing will change his mind.
We will all miss his valuable and erudite contributions..........and the ponies. Thank you, Dave, for the enjoyment you provided. Keep shooting and enjoying life.
That's a great shame. All internet forums can become difficult at times. The thing is not to take them too seriously.
07-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #5995
Veteran Member

I second that.
Moderation is not an easy task. sometimes it is better to let things go instead of interfering.

I was a moderator at the only international Hasselblad dedicated forum that existed.
Amateurs and professionals joining there interest in an excellent MF camera system.
In twelve years I only had to act once after a forum user insulted a well known American scientist in the camera industry.
That was the only time I had to use the power given to me.
From the start I made it clear I had no intention to act as a policeman.
It is just my opninion. I would not dare advising PF to act according to my ideas.
07-01-2020, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #5996
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I haven't been keeping up with the thread for a while, but just checked in this evening and I'm gutted to read this. David is a gentleman, and one of my favourite forum members - I've enjoyed, valued and benefited from his contribution and our interactions here immensely.

Dave, if you should happen to read this, I wish you all the very best and hope we can cross paths somehow in future...

EDIT: I've rejoined Flickr to contact you there

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-01-2020 at 04:44 PM.
07-01-2020, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #5997
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave,

Couldn't you subscribe only to this thread, and stop reading or responding to any other part of these forums.

It would make us all feel rather special to have you stay here with us. Too bad for the rest if they don't know what they are missing without your participation in other discussions.

Please rethink the choice to totally leave. Please stay with your K10D friends.

Steve (goatsNdonkey)

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Folks, there's something I need to say, and I'm saying it here because the K10D Club has always been my spiritual home on this forum.

Lately the general tone on large parts of this site has been becoming increasingly toxic. I've been seeing outright bullying by some members that hasn't been dealt with, while genuine attempts by other members to have a balanced discussion have resulted in deleted posts and thread bans. I'm not going to say any more than that, because I don't want this post of mine to be edited or deleted as I've seen happening to others in front of my own eyes.

Events over the past few days have brought me to the point where I no longer feel that I want to be a member here anymore. So I'm sad to say that this will be my last post and I'll no longer be contributing after today.

I'm sure you'll all understand that this decision has got nothing at all to do with the K10D Club. This thread has always been a beacon of friendly, civilised, open-minded discussion. But I'm no longer willing to stand by and watch talented photographers being forced into silence out on the forum in general.

I've enjoyed being Dartmoor Dave, but now it's time for him to wander off into the sunset. All the best to my friends here in the K10D Club.

David
07-01-2020, 04:34 PM - 4 Likes   #5998
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let's hope Dave changes his mind and at least continues to join his friends here in the K10D Club!

1960 Ford Starliner - DA18-55 on K10D:
07-01-2020, 05:51 PM   #5999
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Let's hope Dave changes his mind and at least continues to join his friends here in the K10D Club!

1960 Ford Starliner - DA18-55 on K10D:
I don't expect that Dave will change his mind. He would be most welcome back here if he does. He could be watching and reading all these comments so....who knows?

Thanks for that image, Paul. I have never seen an example of that model.
07-01-2020, 06:11 PM - 3 Likes   #6000
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for that image, Paul. I have never seen an example of that model.
Glad you liked it Ray. I posted these a few years ago - but here's a couple more of the same car. I've never seen a Starliner except at a car show - The Galaxie 500 was more commonly seen on the roads back in the day.