Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2020, 06:19 PM - 2 Likes   #6001
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Let's hope Dave changes his mind and at least continues to join his friends here in the K10D Club!

1960 Ford Starliner - DA18-55 on K10D:
Paul, I remember when that color of aqua or turquoise was very popular. Recall an old refrigerator with that color interior and copper-color shelves. If was from long before the Avacado Green/Harvest Gold color scheme crazes.

I like the interior, too! Nice metal dashboard where you can attach magnetic accessories: compass, hula girl, a saint, a member of the Holy Family, or for very bad drivers the entire Holy Family.

07-01-2020, 11:07 PM   #6002
Veteran Member

That is what I love with American cars from that era: monochrome green and blue.

More serious now.
Departure of David is a signal to posters and should be a reason for forum management and moderators to notice that change is needed.
David is certainly not the only forum user finding the tone and language used unpleasant. BTW this a poor effort from me to use the world famous British understatement.

PaulF
07-02-2020, 12:05 AM - 6 Likes   #6003
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We won't be discussing moderating actions or issues in this thread. However, the moderating team would like to know if there are any particular issues that need addressing and have reached out to Dartmoor Dave.
Obviously, if any other members would like to discuss forum management and / or moderation, then we invite you to write to the moderation team and express your concerns.

The moderation team has been dealing with a lot of brand negativity of late and also with several members posting unkind remarks toward each other. We try to ensure the forum rules are followed by all members. Copy of the rules here: Welcome & Forum Rules - PentaxForums.com
07-02-2020, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #6004
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fluegel Quote
That is what I love with American cars from that era: monochrome green and blue.

PaulF
Lovely colour and captured so well. Fender sprayed their electric guitars with automobile paint in the 50's and early 60's. I think that would have been called Laurel Green at the time. The original guitars tend to fade\change colour over the years. Now it's mostly polyester.

Fender Custom Colors in the 1960s | Vintage Guitar® magazine

---------- Post added 07-02-20 at 10:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Here are a few more flower images with my AF- crippled K-10, and I should mention that the lens for this series is the Tokina AT-X 90mm f 2.5 macro, appropriately a MF lens. The K-10 handles this classic macro lens very well I think.
You are right, very nice shots.
[

Last edited by RussV; 07-02-2020 at 02:30 AM.
07-02-2020, 03:09 AM   #6005
Forum Member

Looking at a lot of the work here made me fancy a K10d, but I managed to get a K200 as it was at a good price, just got to wait for it to arrive. I forgot how the CCD images looked that little bit different.
07-02-2020, 05:05 AM - 5 Likes   #6006
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-10 focus on flowers

K-10 with Pentax-F 85mm f 2.8, SF. This soft focus lens is not used in SF mode for these two photos. (First posting from newly acquired K-10.)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
07-02-2020, 11:39 AM - 6 Likes   #6007
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got out of the habit of taking pictures sometime earlier in this unusual year. Recently I started shooting some half-frame 35mm B&W in an Agfa Parat-I. Today, I finally shot a few pictures with my K10D with the Tamron Adaptall2 SP 52BB (f2.5 90mm) that happened to be left on it from my last shooting.

Here's one of the most colorful shots. Did a bit of cropping with other tweaking. Aperture wide open, so choices had to be made about what to have sharpest.

07-03-2020, 09:54 AM - 7 Likes   #6008
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Topatopa Mtns, Ventura County Calif. in April. DA18-135 on K10D:
07-04-2020, 04:02 PM   #6009
Pentaxian

I'm in Florida on vacation.. Saw the latest posts. Feeling very bummed that Dave decided to leave.
It seems like Adam wants to deal with the issue, whatever it was...
I don't understand why Dave doesn't want to hang around us anymore because of people totally unrelated to the people that post here... But I guess that's his decision.
07-04-2020, 06:41 PM - 2 Likes   #6010
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I'm in Florida on vacation.. Saw the latest posts. Feeling very bummed that Dave decided to leave.
It seems like Adam wants to deal with the issue, whatever it was...
I don't understand why Dave doesn't want to hang around us anymore because of people totally unrelated to the people that post here... But I guess that's his decision.
Dave is one of the great souls to post on this forum. I always was delighted by his pictures and always learned about many things, not just photography, from his posts. If folks in other discussion threads didn't appreciate that, it reflects badly on them, whoever they are or think they are. I'm gonna miss Dave, as long as he is gone, however long that is.
07-04-2020, 06:53 PM - 3 Likes   #6011
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've spoken to Dave via Flickr. He is adamant about his decision to leave PF - there's no talking him out of it. He knows he has friends here in the Club, and we can hope he has a change of heart, and will grace us with his ponies one of these days.
07-04-2020, 09:04 PM   #6012
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I've spoken to Dave via Flickr. He is adamant about his decision to leave PF - there's no talking him out of it. He knows he has friends here in the Club, and we can hope he has a change of heart, and will grace us with his ponies one of these days.
Yes, same here. We live in hope.
07-04-2020, 10:42 PM - 1 Like   #6013
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
I got out of the habit of taking pictures sometime earlier in this unusual year. Recently I started shooting some half-frame 35mm B&W in an Agfa Parat-I. Today, I finally shot a few pictures with my K10D with the Tamron Adaptall2 SP 52BB (f2.5 90mm) that happened to be left on it from my last shooting.

Here's one of the most colorful shots. Did a bit of cropping with other tweaking. Aperture wide open, so choices had to be made about what to have sharpest.
Hi, goats,

Just wondering what you've been doing hanging around my driveway! (Sorry it was taken with my K-3II, not my K10D!)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
07-04-2020, 11:52 PM - 2 Likes   #6014
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

!

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Yes, same here. We live in hope.
If Dave get's a notion to start a discussion forum of his own, I'd join there, too. Of if he starts producing a blog about Dartmoor, full of his pony and other pics, along with his wise musings, I would certainly visit there, as well!
07-05-2020, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #6015
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't envy the job moderators have. I, too, have founded and moderated a discussion forum in the past, and helped get another one started. The former one had "free speech" in its title, so the emphasis was on free-wheeling and wide-ranging discussion about the forum subject, the life and contributions of a particular musical artist. I forget whether I ever banned anybody. And most of my input related to participant behavior was offered in my persona as one of the discussion participants, not as rulings as The Moderator. I recall some people leaving the forum because they couldn't get most of the other forum members to agree with them on some point which others regarded as incorrectly interpreted and pig-headed. You could say they self-banned, before they became so personally insulting to others that I might have needed to intervene as Moderator.

I know Moderators here don't want Moderation of this forum discussed. I want to make it clear that, not only I am not doing that, I am unable to do that. I know no details of what happened somewhere on the forum that led Dartmoor Dave to leave. I merely have the impression, which may be inaccurate or only partially accurate, that there may have been a discussion that took a nasty turn and whatever moderation occurred (to Dave's mind) was not as fair-minded as it might have been...perhaps to the extent that it benefited the nasty makers in the discussion rather than the kindly and level-headed participants. Perhaps the moderator had a very different impression of what the problem was. Perhaps the moderator was right. Perhaps the moderator over-looked something. Perhaps moderators (understandably) feel required to act promptly to put out fires, when sometimes a bit of patience and reflection would be helpful (as long as that takes) before a ruling is made. As I said, I don't envy the challenges facing moderators and I don't know any actual details of what happened. I am unable to blame anyone.

But it is also a shame when one of the best members of this forum I know about felt it necessary to leave. It is hard not to wonder whether something avoidable went awry. And I don't know why that happened. And I think many of us will suffer from the loss of Dave here.

Last edited by goatsNdonkey; 07-05-2020 at 10:10 AM.