Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12492 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2021, 02:38 AM - 6 Likes   #6661

I would like to dedicate this photo to Dartmoor Dave. I would have never known about the K10D if it wasn't for him and this thread.
I hope you will find the warm daylight after a long night.

K10D, SMC 24mm f2.8

02-10-2021, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #6662
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Best of luck Dave, it takes real courage to admit to problems particularly in public.
Look forward to seeing some photos soon

best wishes
02-10-2021, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #6663
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
Best of luck Dave, it takes real courage to admit to problems particularly in public.
Look forward to seeing some photos soon

best wishes
What Stevejo said, big 100%. With your courage you will do well.
02-10-2021, 11:22 AM - 2 Likes   #6664
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Chapel courtyard - DA18-135 on K10D:

02-11-2021, 03:55 AM - 6 Likes   #6665
Pentaxian

One from a while back demonstrating confidence in the weather resistance. This is Pen y Ghent in the Yorkshire dales where it has been known to rain a bit!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by stevejo; 02-11-2021 at 06:20 AM. Reason: spelling correction
02-11-2021, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #6666
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave, we are always going to be happy to hear a few words from you or get to see some of your pictures again, anytime you feel like doing that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Hi folks. Last week I logged on to Flickr for the first time in months and discovered that a couple of you had kindly tried to contact me, so I thought I'd stop by here to say sorry for not replying.

Over the last six months or so of last year I was in the grip of a fairly catastrophic episode of the mental health condition that comes along and clobbers me now and then, so I'm afraid I really wasn't in any condition to be chatting to anyone online. It's no big deal in comparison with the horrors that so many people have suffered from Covid, but it was enough to cause quite a lot of self-inflicted damage in my own life. And it meant that I rudely ignored a couple of you from here, and I want to apologise for that.

I've now realised that there's something intrinsically destabilising about social media for me personally, so I've shut down everything apart from Facebook with a handful of close family and real world friends. That includes shutting down my Flickr account. Of course you can't officially close down a PF account, and that's fine because I think I probably would have wanted to keep this one open anyway for old time's sake. I've lurked here now and then and it's been good to see that the K10D Club is still going strong with some talented new members, and I've loved what I've seen in the CCD cult thread. But I won't be coming back here as a regular contributor, because, like I say, I've come to accept that social media isn't particularly healthy for me personally.

I've actually taken a couple of photos again over the past few weeks, which is hopefully a sign that things are on the mend now. Although it seems that, somewhere during the months of chaos, I gave away all my lovely Takumars to charity -- which is just the sort of thing that tends to happen in those sort of times. I've still got the GX-10 and 18-55mm though, and what else more than that do you really need anyway?

Here's a couple of snaps from the start of this year (assuming I've remembered how to do it and they're actually visible).

02-11-2021, 01:33 PM - 8 Likes   #6667
Pentaxian

FA43 at 2.8, CP1

02-11-2021, 02:01 PM - 3 Likes   #6668
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Roman ruins being restored in southern Spain in 2010. K-10D, FA 28-80mm.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
02-12-2021, 09:22 AM - 3 Likes   #6669
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A somewhat bleak and chilly morning (-28C/-18F). With the DA 15 Ltd.

02-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #6670
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
Roman ruins being restored in southern Spain in 2010. K-10D, FA 28-80mm.
wonder how far they got with the restoration ?
02-12-2021, 12:53 PM   #6671
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
wonder how far they got with the restoration ?
So do I! Unfortunately, we've got other places to go (once we're allowed to travel again!) and may not get back there to find out. That being said, based on what we saw, I'm sure that whatever they accomplished was beautifully done.
02-12-2021, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #6672
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a couple of snaps from the start of this year
@Dartmoor Dave; I just came across your latest pictures. I'm thrilled that you are making and posting great pictures again, and these three have made my day! You are skilled at seeing and capturing the beauty of Dartmoor.

- Craig
02-12-2021, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #6673
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for being so understanding folks. I was a bit nervous about explaining that my absence from here was caused by mental health issues, but perhaps if people talked about such things more openly then there wouldn't be any stigma involved.

As I've said, I'll be avoiding actively participating in social media in general as much as possible. So if anyone tries to get in touch through any social media channels and I don't reply then I'd like to apologise for that in advance. Right now it's what I have to do to keep myself sane and well.

I'm sure I'll be back in a month or two with some more photos as they come along. For now, I'm going to have a look back through the K10D Club and do some liking.
Dave I wanted to send you a supportive PM following what occurred elsewhere on PF but understand you don’t accept them,no problem and fully understand why.Anyway just to let you know you’re not alone!
02-13-2021, 02:52 AM - 6 Likes   #6674
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Dave I wanted to send you a supportive PM following what occurred elsewhere on PF but understand you don’t accept them,no problem and fully understand why.Anyway just to let you know you’re not alone!
Thanks Tim, I'm grateful. It probably reflects badly on me to say so, but I've had to admit to myself that clearly I had something I'd needed to get off my chest here on the forum. With that now done, I'll be turning up in the K10D Club now and then to share some snaps, and I'll also log on in the background occasionally and quietly spray a load of likes around here and there. But I'm determined to stay away from anything more contentious, and hopefully I'll be able to stick to that resolution.
02-13-2021, 05:33 AM - 3 Likes   #6675
Pentaxian

Another from about 11 years ago. This is Coppermines Valley, Coniston in the English Lake District. The white building on the left is the youth hostel.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo