Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2021, 11:03 PM - 1 Like   #6736
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Am I the only one thinking that it would make the most perfectly ironic grave?
first couple of times I saw it I could hear, in my imagination, Jim Morrison continuing "...... my friend". Amazing job on the stitch - wouldn't even think of trying it myself!

02-26-2021, 01:11 AM   #6737

QuoteQuote:
Amazing , the structure of nature . We haven’t a clue.
Now they want to play with genes...
It doesn't take gene manipulation to ruin nature, just look at all the cases of invasive species throwing a wrench into an established ecosystem....
I don't mind genetic manipulation since it's much easier to control the outcome of crop breeding that way, but then again, I'm probably biased, being a life science student

I can't wait until spring myself, looking forward to try plant photography with a "real" camera for the first time
02-26-2021, 02:46 AM - 9 Likes   #6738

Yosemite Horsetail Falls/Firefall - Got it Figured Out

well, 3rd time was a charm as conditions were perfect for an awesome view of the waterfall lit up by the sun. The first two trips were a total bust, even though it is a 3 1/2 hour drive to get to the park from where I live, that is no big deal for me. Conditions were perfect and had a blast shooting,
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
02-26-2021, 03:40 AM   #6739
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blankmampf Quote
It doesn't take gene manipulation to ruin nature, just look at all the cases of invasive species throwing a wrench into an established ecosystem....
I don't mind genetic manipulation since it's much easier to control the outcome of crop breeding that way, but then again, I'm probably biased, being a life science student

I can't wait until spring myself, looking forward to try plant photography with a "real" camera for the first time
In the name of science.
Read the original Mary Shelly version , of you know which book ...

In the name of science .

Read of Josef Mengele .

Oh it was ok , because it was science - I stuck a needle into a poor helpless frogs skull , and scrambled its brain , so I could see what ? I don’t even remember , just I did that to a poor helpless alive creature . In high school biology ... And the fact I did that without protest ... is still with me today .though then and now it sickened me .. .. but it was science.

Oh science , that god.
I won’t go on ... it’s not the place .

02-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #6740

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
In the name of science.
Read the original Mary Shelly version , of you know which book ...

In the name of science .

Read of Josef Mengele .

Oh it was ok , because it was science - I stuck a needle into a poor helpless frogs skull , and scrambled its brain , so I could see what ? I don’t even remember , just I did that to a poor helpless alive creature . In high school biology ... And the fact I did that without protest ... is still with me today .though then and now it sickened me .. .. but it was science.

Oh science , that god.
I won’t go on ... it’s not the place .
Nowadays, you have to have a very good reason to do any kind of animal research, and explain in detail why you can't use one of the other models. I'm thankful for that, and hope it'll be reduced even further, maybe even animals replaced entirely one day by in vitro or in silico research.
Then again, that'll be just a drop in the ocean if we don't also reduce our meat consumption
02-26-2021, 10:34 AM   #6741
G&R

Are you referring to COVID, which emerged through genetic changes, and became an invasive pathogen cast into an established social system? Brr..
02-26-2021, 10:48 AM - 2 Likes   #6742
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Think we are getting a bit off track here. If I said that my K10d was in my DNA is that more like it?

02-26-2021, 11:32 AM - 4 Likes   #6743
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Zigzag trails - Camarillo, Calif. The tiny bit of rain we received gave the scene a green glow for awhile...DA18-135:

02-26-2021, 11:45 AM - 10 Likes   #6744
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Abandoned mine workings along the river Walkham. This one's a single frame, not a stitch.

02-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #6745
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
Think we are getting a bit off track here. If I said that my K10d was in my DNA is that more like it?

You DNA has got K10D in it? Mine just goes GATTACTAGGCTACGGCATAGATCCATGC. . .
02-26-2021, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #6746

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
You DNA has got K10D in it? Mine just goes GATTACTAGGCTACGGCATAGATCCATGC. . .
If you attach enough extension tubes, you may be able to check it

---------- Post added 02-26-21 at 11:55 AM ----------

Also, greatphoto! I love that deep green shade of the moss/stonework.
02-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #6747
Pentaxian

!
02-26-2021, 12:38 PM - 3 Likes   #6748
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Alamillo Bridge over the Guadalquivir River in Seville, Spain, in 2010. K-10D and FA 28-80.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
02-26-2021, 03:35 PM - 10 Likes   #6749
Pentaxian

I wanted to have a go at stitching a more complex subject, so I walked out to Sampford Spiney church today. This is 36 frames in four rows of nine again, which seems to be a number that works well in Microsoft ICE. So now I'm reasonably confident that I can deal with any wider angle with just the 18-55mm if I have to. At least I can when it's a static subject.

(I've taken more photos this week than I did in the whole second half of last year. Yay me!)
02-27-2021, 04:53 AM - 2 Likes   #6750

Still bad weather around here, but I just got a new 50mm prime delivered and simply could not wait.

I call it: Door to the Cosmic
Shot with a Phenix 50mm F/1.7 open wide, modified white point in RawTherapee.