Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #31
Pentaxian

I just heard something truly amazing from my Canon photographer buddy. His exact words were: "Robi's in Tacoma, WA has gone all in on Pentax. They even moved there Nikon gear over to make more room"

WOW...

11-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by john5100 Quote
"Robi's in Tacoma, WA has gone all in on Pentax. They even moved there Nikon gear over to make more room"
Best news I've heard in a long time. Way to go Robi's. Now we need a picture of the Pentax display at Robi's!!
12-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #33

Photos: Albums
Next time i get over that way I will have to check that place out for sure. Ive never seen a new pentax for sale in a store.
12-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #34
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Pinch Me: Salesman Recommends Pentax for Nikon Shooter
Now look, you must stop pretending to work in that camera store, when you go in to buy something for yourself.

12-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #35
Pentaxian

I'm shocked to learn that we have a Pentax dealer in Washington State! How have I been missing that?

Good to know.
12-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Seamripper Quote
Not unusual at all where I'm from. Back when I purchased my K5, I had a d7000 in my left had and a K5 in my right. I had been a Pentax shooter, (K100ds, K200, etc..) for some time but was considering switching at the time, which meant I would be buying lenses and everything. One of the sales guy's at Henry's convinced me to stay with Pentax. He had a HUGE appreciation for Pentax. He also would have made much more money off me if I had switched to Nikon (at the time...). But yet, he still suggested that I stay.

I was also later told that one of the Pentax reps for Canada lives in my city (Winnipeg) and the service for Pentax here is second to none. I have yet to prove that as I have yet to have a problem with my Pentax cameras. With that, we have a major Ricoh building downtown... not sure if that helps, but this all happened long before Ricoh purchased Pentax.

Anyway, Henry's is AWESOME! Never a bias point of view towards the 'big two'. Actually the opposite I find. When I go in and mention I shoot Pentax, I get first class service and the Pentax selection has always been excellent.

(BTW, I honestly have no affiliation with Henry's other than being a regular customer due to the way they've treated me, which has always been great!)

I want to mention that last year I had a brief breakdown and purchased a Nikon D300s and 50 1.8G. Although I think it was a great camera, I had to let it go because, other that the auto focus, it couldn't compete with my K5. I just wasn't as satisfied with it and could justify the money I spent on it. I still have a K5, a K7 and many Pentax and Sigma lenses. I also use it all semi-professionally on a regular basis for everything from motorsports, portraits, head shots, family, and fun...

It's all good...
I agree Winnipeg and Henry's are good. I would add Don's as another very good camera store in the 'Peg.
12-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #37
Veteran Member

During Thanksgiving travels, I discovered that my hometown (Omaha, NE) camera store now carries Ricoh and Pentax, as well, after years of griping about the sales/support structure of the company. Coupled with the recent appearance of Pentax in my current locale (Salt Lake City, UT), things are looking good!
12-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Would Henry's be interested in going international? Atlanta could use a good dealer!
Not if Best Buy or Walmart have their way