Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-r art!

Recently two of my photos got onto the "popular" page on 500px, and I was pretty happy with my K-01 and lenses. I know that the camera isn't the most important factor in making a good photograph, but I still thought that those exact photos of mine would be better with a K-3.
And then I find this person:
500px / pkarwski / Photos

Not sure if they are a member on this forum, but the photos look stunning, and according to the info, they are taken with a K-r. The framing, the detail, the colours, the pp, just amazing! The K-r was well-liked when it came out, but was quickly forgotten when the K-30 and K-50 rolled out with their 16MP sensor and WR And the K-r is supposed to be low mid tier, old technology, blah blah I think those photos by pkarwski beat many photos taken with "high end" cameras.

I am mostly writing this as a reminder to those who think "I won't get better unless I get a better camera" that sure, the camera features and IQ are important, but there is still so much that you can do!

Edit: Of course, its 500px, so expect saturated, over the top kind of photos

11-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I've had those thoughts lots of times. But you are absolutely right. I've seen some gorgeous photos made with P&S. You take what you have and learn to use it to its full potential. I've only had my k-x a month, so I'm still learning; but I'm thrilled with what it can do, and what there is still to learn.
11-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Very nice. I've often thought that there's a whole subset of Pentaxians out there who have no use for any forums. They are too busy out there creating art.
11-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had my K-r for about a year and a half, and I'm nowhere close to learning everything about it. But I've had two Nikon shooters (one of them a professional who earns his living with Nikon gear) tell me that it's a fine camera, comfortable in the hand, well-designed and so on. One of them even said he thought, sometimes, my K-r is a better camera than his D7000. I would love to own a K-3 (heck, a K-50...) but I don't think that ownership will do a thing for improving my images. It's a tool, and my hands and eyes need practice more than they need another camera.

So I am not at all surprised that someone with talent and imagination can produce gorgeous images with a K-r.

Last edited by OrchidJulie; 11-24-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: typo, sorry