Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Forum Member

Features you may not know about in the K20D

I read through the entire manual of the K20D, tried them, and found some great features. I haven't seen these features discussed much, so I'll share what I found.

1. There is a revamped White Balance tool. In Custom White Balance, you can take picture of a gray card and zoom using the rear e-dial into the area of the sample because oftentimes the sample of the gray card is too small. This would be useful for many lighting situations with constant color temperatures.

2. You can adjust the Color Temperature and Tint for the LCD on the back of the camera in Set-up => LCD Color Tuning. I guess you would have to eye-ball this one next to a gray card?

3. Also in Set-up is Pixel Mapping to check status and adjust the Image Sensor

4. Dust Alert System will take a photo of the dust on the sensor itself and display it on the LCD

5. You have the option of editing multiple RAW images in the in camera RAW image converter.

A little off topic here:
I understand many who read these posts are proud owners of K10D's and K100D's and the like, and you may be thinking should I upgrade? Well, consider this, cameras and equipment are tools to help you utilize your creativity in the photos you take. Do you need these new features, and will they really improve your photography? Personally, I believe the K10D and K100 series are great cameras to begin with, and I wouldn't doubt my camera because something else came out. Anyway, just some food for thought.